Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.03 Andy's Play
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 48 of 48
Oct 7th 2010

I liked it.

Oct 8th 2010

I liked the bottle rolling down the auditorium and everyone waiting for it to stop. It was the good kind of awkward, I thought.

That was it.

Oct 8th 2010 edited

Did you all not see the tag at the end of the episode? Michael's audition? That was the best part of the episode.

What was that line he said, something like "He hung himself with his own belt. Well, in this economy we're all doing a little belt tightening...(Law and Order theme song)."

I thought there were a few good moments in the production, like the bottle tipping over and rolling to the front. That's a true to life moment. So was Jim and Pam trying to get better seats. Who hasn't tried to do that?

Also, Andy singing at the end (what was that song? I can see and hear the artist, but can't think of the song right now) was pretty good. A good full cast moment.

I'm going to watch it again today, I think.

Also, for what it's worth, I thought The Office was better than Community last night.

Oct 8th 2010

Did you all not see the tag at the end of the episode? Michael's audition? That was the best part of the episode.

Yes it was.

Also, for what it's worth, I thought The Office was better than Community last night.

I thought Community was better, but I still enjoyed The Office. Which I didn't think I would. The whole episode was pretty much an Ed Helms showcase, which might hint at how they’re going to replace Steve Carell. At this point, Andy has replaced Jim as a protagonist anyway.

Oct 8th 2010

I liked the bottle rolling down the auditorium and everyone waiting for it to stop. It was the good kind of awkward, I thought.

Yesh. I thought that whole scene was funny, with the cell phone, the bottle, the baby crying...everything that's not supposed to happen in a theater.

I still don't like Community. Don't hate me.

Oct 8th 2010

Hate you? Of course not. Disappointed in you, sure. Nah, to each their own. I thought it was weak last night. Chevy is the weak link on that show for me.

Oct 8th 2010

So was Jim and Pam trying to get better seats. Who hasn't tried to do that?

I thought the joke was that they didn't want to sit by Michael.

I also laughed when Ryan used his iPad/tablet/whatever it was to look up the time.

Oct 8th 2010

I've been a pollyanna about this show, but I was underwhelmed with this episode. Maybe I was expecting too much because I like Sweeney Todd. shrugs

At this point, Andy has replaced Jim as a protagonist anyway.

Maybe in their dreams. But I agree, that is what they want me to do, but I'm not doing it. Suck on that, writers. For the umpteenth time, I do not identify with Andy, nor will I ever. I like Ed Helms, he's funny, but they're using him in the wrong way and it does not play to his strengths.

I found myself wanting Dwangela to happen again - I enjoyed them in this ep. More shown, less said.

I thought the whole "scene interruption" bit really highlighted my beef with the whole thing. (please keep in mind I'm one of the people who has been an outright cheerleader all along) The protracted wine bottle rolling down the aisle was pure genius. The balloons were too much, a sort of writer's pointing to say, "see, get the joke?" The phone on stage was just, well, stupid. The writer's saying, 'Hey, y'all watch this!!!!" and hitting me with a 2X4. I was not amused.

Good stuff:

Liked the cold open a lot. Probably because I love the music.

Creed phoning in his review was priceless.

Jim and Pam not being able to move the car seat with the sleeping kid really rang true to me. I may or may not, but definitely have, in years past, left my kid(s) sleeping in the car with the door open and the window to my house open. The Hurt Locker line was inspired.

Also, Phyllis wearing a mink to the performance made me laugh out loud. I loved the lead actor (Darryl's plumber) calling Michael on his booing. And Darryl had the best line of the night about listening to the intro for themes.

I'm obviously in the minority but I didn't think the tag was funny at all. Sort of "Michael at improv" redux.

Much weaker than the last two, but it still made me laugh in spots.

Oct 8th 2010

I like Ed Helms, he's funny, but they're using him in the wrong way and it does not play to his strengths.

I totally agree with this.

I found myself wanting Dwangela to happen again - I enjoyed them in this ep. More shown, less said.

This too. Also, Angela looked gorgeous in this episode.

Oct 8th 2010

I think Bri summed up my feelings about the episode pretty well. It was passable.

Howeer, the below statement is quite true:

Angela looked gorgeous in this episode.

Oct 8th 2010

As pretty as a chair catalog model.

Oct 8th 2010

Or the Queen of England.

Oct 8th 2010

Or a seed catalogue model.

Oct 8th 2010

This show needs way less singing than we've gotten in the past year or so. This episode was a big step down from the previous two if only because they revived the cold, moldering corpse of Hamnard and allowed it to shuffle across the screen. This

I do not identify with Andy

Sums up a lot of my feelings about the episode.

Oct 8th 2010

Am I the only person who really liked Hamnard?

Oct 8th 2010

God, I hope so.

Oct 9th 2010

Macy Gray is the artist. The song came out in 1999.

Ditto on creed phoning in his review and also on them warning michael that he saw him killing some people.

Interesting side note. BBC America was airing Burton and Depp's Sweeny Todd during this time slot.

Oct 10th 2010

I think Hamnard is cute, sort of a low-rent Jam

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 48 of 48
Top of PageBack to discussions