Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.05 The Sting
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 33
Oct 16th 2010 edited
  • Season 7 : Episode 5
  • First aired on October 21, 2010

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MICHAEL TAKES MATTERS INTO HIS OWN HANDS WHEN SOMEONE STARTS STEALING CLIENTS—TIMOTHY OLYPHANT (“Deadwood”) GUEST STARS—When a competing sales associate (guest star Timothy Olyphant) steals a Dunder Mifflin client, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell), Jim (John Krasinski) and Dwight (Rainn Wilson) decide to set up a sting to find out his sales secrets. Andy (Ed Helms) decides to start a band after finding out a friend from college has a successful music career. Jenna Fischer, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, Paul Lieberstein, B.J. Novak, Ellie Kemper, Craig Robinson and Zach Woods also star.

Oct 16th 2010

First!

Oct 16th 2010

Gee, more Andy and music. My favorite combination.

Oct 16th 2010

I really like Timothy Olyphant in a totally heterosexual kind of way so it will be interesting to see how well he fits into the show.

Oct 16th 2010

Maybe he will shoot a bunch of people, Raylan Givens-style. That would be a twist.

Oct 16th 2010

Worst!

Oct 17th 2010

Same here AMJH. I'm a big Olyphant fran from back when he played Micky in Scream 2. The line next to mine was putting together the Deadwood complete series set. Is it worth watching does anyone know?

Oct 17th 2010

Is it worth watching does anyone know?

Deadwood is great. Especially if you're an Olyphant fan. Just be aware that HBO pulled the plug before the series came to any kind of resolution.

Oct 17th 2010

Awe sad. I knew it ran short but I thought it was two seasons instead of three.

Oct 20th 2010

Maybe he will shoot a bunch of people, Raylan Givens-style. That would be a twist.

Not to mention outstandingly awesome.

Oct 20th 2010

Timothy Olyphant is totally awesome to look at.

Oct 21st 2010

Andy (Ed Helms) decides to start a band to impress Erin.

I fixed it.

Oct 21st 2010

That is not how I define "fixed" unless you mean in the "I had my cat fixed" way.

Oct 21st 2010

Andy (Ed Helms) decides to start a band after finding out a friend from college has a successful music career.

I hope it's not Broccoli Rob. From the show, not from here.

Oct 21st 2010

It is Broccoli Rob!

Also, penis museum.

Oct 21st 2010

Dumb as hell so far, but pretty entertaining.

Oct 21st 2010

See I thought it was brilliant. Maybe the best office in a while. They were all on their game tonight and Meredith and Phylis were brilliant. The one thing I didn't like was Meredith trying to pass off Oscar and Ryan as cleaning men who didn't speak english but Tim made up for it by refferring to Meredith as a homeless woman.

All three songs were great but the Bullfrog in love was the best by far. I smell a hit single.

Oct 21st 2010 edited

That was awful, but I liked Dwight's defense of Pam as well as Darryl, Andy and Kev jamming.

Which me am I gonna be today?
I got a closet full of me's today.

Oct 21st 2010

I laughed more tonight than at any episode of this season. I thought the A plot was great - they actually found something for Jim to do, and Dwight was perfect. Plus we got a Packer mention during Michael's foreshadowing TH. Andy's band? Meh, but they didn't spend too much time on it, so no complaints here. My only gripe was the whole "Michael can't ride a bike" scene in the cold open. Come on, writers. Was "A Benihanas Christmas" really that long ago? Other than that, pretty solid episode.

Oct 21st 2010

Oh yeah I forgot about that scene so it didn't bother me much. I would have much rather seen Oscar fawning over Olyphant as much as if not more than Meredith than the cleaning men bit but still it was a good episode.

Oct 21st 2010

Yeah, I want to say I liked it, but not so much. A couple of good lines and a Packer reference, but the story made zero sense. The Meredith bit went on too long without much payoff and why the hell would Danny/Raylan not just shoot everyone? Also, Andy's band? Just stop please. What exactly was the point? Besides to piss me off? Finally, the whole Pam/Danny story better have a good reason to exist because I didn't slog through S3 watching Pam get ground down only to find out she was dating the hottest guy in Scranton.

Oct 21st 2010

I can't think of anything too clever to say so I'll just agree with DC.

Oct 21st 2010

I enjoyed the joint talking head with Jim and Pam teasing each other about Pam's ex. Mrs. Base and I do the same thing, but not as funny.

The sting itself, however, was stupid.

Oct 21st 2010

Kaling's episodes, as always, are the best. Randall Einhorn's direction, as always, is the worst.

Oct 22nd 2010

I really enjoyed the episode. A lot.

Also: hello, NA!

Oct 22nd 2010

Hey gt. I wish I could have enjoyed this episode as much as you.

Oct 22nd 2010

Dwight had some stellar lines. And I like Andy-Darryl interactions a lot.

Meredith is so...gross. And why can't they just let Ryan be a writer now? He adds nothing to the show as a character.

Oct 22nd 2010

Dwight was outstanding, but I will not be going to the Penis Museum any time soon.

Oct 22nd 2010 edited

But it's only a $1,000 a ticket!

I have the feeling this is an episode that would be better on a second watch. But alas my DVR is getting quite full and I already deleted it.

Oct 22nd 2010

Episodes of The Office used to be awesome on first watch, and only required subsequent watches for more awesomeness.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 33
Top of PageBack to discussions