Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.06 Costume Contest
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 101
Oct 23rd 2010
  • Season 7 : Episode 6
  • First aired on October 28, 2010

Summary courtesy of NBC:

HALLOWEEN IS IN FULL SWING AT DUNDER MIFFLIN—TIMOTHY OLYPHANT (“Deadwood”) GUEST STARS—When Darryl (Craig Robinson) takes an idea to corporate over his head, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) freaks out. Everyone in the office is in a competitive mood as the Halloween costume contest gets underway. Meanwhile, Pam (Jenna Fischer) tries to get the truth out of Danny (guest star Timothy Olyphant) about their dating history. Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, Paul Lieberstein, B.J. Novak, Ellie Kemper and Zach Woods also star.

Oct 24th 2010

First. Yay more Olyphant. Maybe he is hedging his bets that Justified won't last past season two.

Oct 27th 2010 edited

So... might as well use this thread as a place to discuss all our Hallowe'en plans. Who's getting dressed up this year? What will your kids be wearing? Who decorates their house? Whose evangelical roots cause them uneasiness about participating in a pagan holiday? Who gives out store bought crap and who makes home made stuff?

My Hallowe'en plans, and I'm not kidding about this, include me speaking at my church. A long time ago, one of the men booked me to take the night meeting on October 31. He said that in the past they had cancelled the night meeting when it fell on Hallowe'en, so I assumed they would this year as well, and that I'd get bumped to a different date. (on a side note, I don't know if this happens where you guys live, but with the exception of this year and 2004, the last time Hallowe'en fell on a Sunday, politicians here moved Hallowe'en back to the Saturday night, because they didn't feel it was proper to have Hallowe'en on a Sunday. It sounds like something that would have happened in the 1950's or something, but they've been doing that here until very recently. Is that something that happens where you live?) Well, a week ago I found out they were not cancelling the night meeting on that night, so now I'm booked to speak.

It's caused a host of problems. Number one, my wife would rather take my kids out trick-or-treating but now kinda feels a little morally obligated to take the kids to hear their dad give the talk at church. Her absence would probably be noted if she didn't come. That is probably true about much of the congregation at my church. So I"m wondering what kind of numbers to expect that night, and their motives when they do come. Number two, I have to speak. I've been busy already editing wedding pics and then a family shoot I did last Sunday, and in between my day job and night job and editing and family-maning, I've had to find time to put together a 40 minute message on something. Complicating it further, I've decided to put the talk into a powerpoint presentation and that takes a fair bit of time to put together.

So...that's my Hallowe'en. Boo.

Oct 27th 2010

Daoust, I think you should give your talk dressed as the devil.

I love Halloween. Pagan, nonPagan, religious of any denomination - any excuse for a party and I'm all over it. Unfortunately we live out in the country and we don't get any trick or treaters, but I used to take the kids with subdivision friends back when they were small. I do minor decorating, simply because nobody will be here to see it, but we do always carve a pumpkin, light the candle, and play spooky music. I miss the bustle of helping them get costumes, etc. sniff

And I'm looking forward to this episode.

Oct 27th 2010

It's not a Halloween story, Daoust, but you should just read "The Devil and Daniel Webster" to the congregation.

Oct 27th 2010

We'll probably go to Sunday school/church in the morning, and then for sure trick-or-treat at night. My son is going as Woody from Toy Story. He went as Buzz Lightyear last year, and is already telling me he wants to be either a toy alien or a toy soldier next year. He's 4 years old, and already stuck in a rut.

My husband loves dressing up for Halloween. Me, not so much. My mother-in-law foisted a costume on me last weekend. It's a hat that looks like you have a scissors sticking through your head, and a shirt that says "Ran with scissors." It's lame, but I'll wear it just to appease my husband.

We live in the country as well, so never get any trick-or-treaters, but we wouldn't be home anyway, so it works out.

Oct 27th 2010

I'm going to a party. A bunch of my friends are dressing up as "Squadron of Lincoln" -- they're all dressing up as Abraham Lincoln, for reasons I don't quite grasp. Because of the funny, I guess. Me, I'm going as Chris Knight of Real Genius for the third consecutive year.

The one thing I think I miss most about home is handing out candy on Halloween. You don't get any trick-or-treaters in an apartment building. At least not in mine. My old neighborhood was full of kids and I had to buy tons of candy to answer the call, and I still ran out every year.

Oct 27th 2010

A bunch of my friends are dressing up as "Squadron of Lincoln" -- they're all dressing up as Abraham Lincoln,

You should do that with them. It's hilarious.

I might wear this cape I made from a black sheet a couple of years ago. But I don't have trick-or-treaters either. And I'm not 10, and I don't have a kid. So where would I wear it? Maybe I'll put the cape on the dog and put a picture on facebook.

I do have plans to go to the store and get a couple of Reeses cups. I haven't had any of those in a couple of years, then I got some in September, and some earlier this month and I want some for my dang halloween.

We might go out to eat or do something else fun. Who knows.

Oct 27th 2010

Humbug.

Oct 27th 2010 edited

What he said.

they're all dressing up as Abraham Lincoln,

This is the most appealing Halloween-related idea I've heard since I can't remember when.

Oct 27th 2010

Appealing, or appalling?

Oct 27th 2010

Appealing. It isn't like Halloween is the anniversary of Lincoln's death or anything. It's awesome.

Oct 27th 2010 edited

Me, I'm going as Chris Knight of Real Genius for the third consecutive year.

Maybe some year you might try Christopher Knight from The Brady Bunch.

Appealing. It isn't like Halloween is the anniversary of Lincoln's death or anything. It's awesome.

Then you could go around all night saying, "I need to see this play like I need a hole in the head."

Oct 27th 2010

Going as a group of any particular person is a fun idea. Lincoln especially. Because everyone will know who it is. It wouldn't be as fun if you had to guess.

Oct 27th 2010

What's Halloween?

Oct 27th 2010

Didn't you invent it?

Oct 27th 2010

Based on things I've heard lately, it's the day when evangelicals celebrate Lincoln's assassination,

Oct 27th 2010

Are you talking about the day before Cheap Candy Week?

Oct 27th 2010

I'm going to a costume party on Friday, and on The Day I'll be home handing out candy. I think I'll be a zombie this year, though I'll miss my trusty fangs. I was going to do that thing with the blue and all the shoes, but it's so unglamorous. I suppose I could really work on it and make it fabulous, with lots of gore and everything, but I don't really have the urge to work that hard. We still have to carve our pumpkins.

Bubbleboy wants to be a "zombie pirate butler" and informed me that my idea to be a zombie was "boring." Apparently all the cool kids are zombie-hybrids. I might as well put on Mom jeans and not even try. I hope he doesn't expect me to buy three costumes for him. He said he only wants parts of each costume. He gets out of school early so we're going to look at costumes today. And replace all the candy we've eaten that was supposed to go to the trick-or-treaters.

Oct 27th 2010

I'm going to a local bar where the Halloween party is the biggest party of the year. My friends all have their (very elaborate) costumes, and I have a polyester cape with a torn collar.

Any suggestions would be most helpful. I have never been good at Halloween.

Oct 27th 2010

Meanwhile, Pam (Jenna Fischer) tries to get the truth out of Danny (guest star Timothy Olyphant) about their dating history.

There is some genuine interest and concern about this storyline from fans on other sites. Because they're stupid.

Oct 27th 2010

Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Oh absolutely.

Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Exhibit C
Exhibit D

Oct 27th 2010

Daoust, you are LOL-worthy.

Oct 27th 2010 edited

Before even looking at those, I'm pretty sure what I'm going to see.

nailed it! Except for D.

Oct 27th 2010 edited

There is some genuine interest and concern about this storyline from fans on other sites. Because they're stupid.

I don't know. I think Jim and Pam are in trouble.

I, too, knew what D was going to post, but that last one, the self-portrait, was surprising.

Oct 27th 2010

I don't know. I think Jim and Pam are in trouble.

Totally.

I, too, knew what D was going to post, but that last one, the self-portrait, was surprising.

Who knew he was a furry?

Oct 27th 2010

My friends and I used to play a game where we'd try to think up the most offensive possible costume. We never actually wore one. The "best" was for Halloween 2001, when we thought that two of us might dress up like the twin towers, two like airplanes, and we could spend all night banging into each other.

Oct 27th 2010

We could spend all night banging each other.

!!!

Okay, which of these ideas is the least lame?

One: Black Eyed Peas. Dress in white, paint on a black eye, and tape the letter "P" on your shirt multiple times. I'm leaning towards this one, because of easy.

Two: One Night Stand. Paint a box like a nightstand, glue a book and a glass of "water" on the top, and wear a lampshade as a hat. I'm going to a bar, so that one won't last long as wearing a giant box in a crowded bar is probably not a good idea.

Three: American Tourist. I'm only considering this one because I have a Hawaiian shirt I never wear.

Oct 27th 2010

My brother went as the color red once. He just wore a nametag that said "The Color Red" on it. I think he might have worn red pants, too.

Oct 27th 2010

I went as a California Raisin once. I think that might have been my most creative costume.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 101
Top of PageBack to discussions