Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.07 Christening
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 82 of 82
Nov 4th 2010

From the A.V. Club review:

“Christening” is an episode wherein Michael Scott is a flawed, yet normal, man.

I'd like to see what the guy thinks is abnormal.

Nov 4th 2010

I've got to hand it to the writers. I thought this episode would suck because it would be a retread of "Phyllis' Wedding" Michael. But they managed to find other ways to make it suck.

Nov 5th 2010

I'm telling you. Something about setting an episode in a church just sucks the originality and funny right out of the writers.

Like, seriously though. I didn't laugh once. In 22 minutes. How is that possible? How could the showrunners let that show go on air? Did they not watch it? It was like they took all the bad parts from Phyllis' Wedding and that other episode where Michael goes to the school and takes money from the kids, and combined them in this episode.

Nov 5th 2010

I have to admit I chuckled at the baby in an Arcade Fire t-shirt.

Nov 5th 2010

There was only one funny moment for me...when Pam told Jim he said he checked for an extra dress and he said "I did...say that."

I thought last week's episode was really funny. How could it have gotten so bad in one week? It was really awful.

Nov 5th 2010

I don't recognize the credited writer's name.

Nov 5th 2010

Maybe there was a contest to write an Office episode and some high school kid won?

Nov 5th 2010

I thought Kelly with the 'Yo Mama' joke in the cold open was funny. And I enjoyed the cranky Jim/Pam dynamic.

But all they had to do was say, "Oh, I'm sorry, the reception is only for invited guests, we forgot to mention that to the pastor. We'd love to have everyone, but we just can't afford it! We just had a baby!"

or something. I would have. Michael getting on the bus was...throw-up-in-my-mouth-a-little painful. And I enjoyed Angela's bitchy baby talk.

Nov 5th 2010

I missed this last night. I don't think I want to see it.

Nov 5th 2010

Yep, I think I'm going to spend at least 22 minutes of my work afternoon playing Sporcle quizzes instead of watching this episode.

Nov 5th 2010

I don't recognize the credited writer's name.

I hope I never do again.

Nov 5th 2010 edited

This felt like the bad sequel to Phyllis' Wedding. Which was bad.

I laughed when Michael got on the bus. But the exit was so painfully boringly drawn-out I totally lost interest.

ugh.

First episode in which I actually looked away and worked my crossword for a few minutes. In contrast I used to save up blinks until commercial time.

Nov 5th 2010

It's 99% official that I hate Michael. I would never have believed that possible, but I can't stand the annoying, repetitive and un-funny shit they have him doing. And it almost seemed like he ws going to be inspired to do something great, something sensible but unexpected. Something positive. But then he got on the bus. The bus might as well have driven into a lake and promised to pay for all those kids to go to college.

Nov 5th 2010

The girl from the group of kids looked familiar.

Nov 5th 2010

And it almost seemed like he ws going to be inspired to do something great, something sensible but unexpected.

Yeah that was exciting for a few moments, wasn't it?

I even went along with him being inspired to get on the bus. I just wish they would have had him stay on it.

Nov 5th 2010

Again, I watched Drug Testing last night and it's scary what they've done to Michael. It's like they took away any semblance of intelligence or the ability to recognize that he's gone too far and reel himself back in. I think Carell must have seen that too.

Nov 5th 2010

Maybe he did. If so, it took him a while. Maybe they were so enthralled with how well they thought it went when he inexplicably kissed Oscar that they've been chasing that feeling ever since.

Nov 5th 2010

The cast of Modern Family was on Larry King last week. He asked one of them if they've ever had to do anything on the show that they didn't want to do. I'd love to hear how Steve would answer that question.

Nov 5th 2010

The girl from the church who looked familiar was Poppy from Huge.

Nov 5th 2010

Well duh. Thats what she was from. I used to watch that all the time.

Nov 5th 2010

At least I was amused by Erin calling the radio show "Lake Wobblegong" - despite its unbelievability. (She is an active listener to the show since she knew it was on before she turned the radio on, and they only say the name of the lake a bazillion times per episode.) And I was little tickled to see Garrison Keillor's name in the credits.

But aside from that and the Toby subplot, that episode was l-a-m-e.

Nov 5th 2010

My comment was sarcasam. She was also in Greek which I loved. She reminds me of the blonde from Studio 60

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 82 of 82
Top of PageBack to discussions