Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.08 Viewing Party
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 56
Nov 6th 2010
  • Season 7 : Episode 8
  • First aired on November 11, 2010

Summary courtesy of NBC:

ERIN HOLDS A "GLEE" VIEWING PARTY AT GABE'S HOUSE—Erin (Ellie Kemper) and Gabe (Zach Woods) invite the office over for a “Glee” viewing party. Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) deals poorly with hearing people call Gabe his boss. Meanwhile, Andy (Ed Helms) grows more and more jealous of Gabe's relationship with Erin. Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, B.J. Novak and Craig Robinson also star.

Nov 7th 2010

Wow this seems like a gag synopsis.

Nov 7th 2010

Meanwhile, Andy (Ed Helms) grows more and more jealous of Gabe's relationship with Erin.

This never gets old.

Nov 7th 2010

These three sentences hold so much more promise than last week's episode description did.

Nov 7th 2010

This is sarcasm, right, bc?

Nov 7th 2010

Actually, no. Last week's description absolutely announced that the episode would suck. This one, there's still potential. Right?

I don't know, I might be unduly influenced. Anything sounds good after this football game.

Nov 7th 2010

Getting everyone together to watch Glee is a lot more reasonable than everybody going to a christening. Plus I like Gabe so there could be some good stuff there. A couple posters on OfficeTally said the writer, who I have not heard of, wrote a lot of good Simpsons episodes. Finally, if there aren't a couple great jokes about everyone assuming Oscar watches Glee because he is gay, it will be an epic fail.

Nov 7th 2010

This, of course, means that Andy will sing along. A lot.

Nov 7th 2010

I hadn't thought of that. And now I'm officially terrified.

Nov 8th 2010

I'd rather watch the actual cast in a viewing party of an episode of The Wire.

Nov 8th 2010 edited

Oh, come on guys. We've got to accept the fact that this is a show in it's Golden years and quit trying to hold it up to the standards that it met when it was in peak creative condition.

It's still pretty funny and definitely preferable to any of that shit out there with a laugh track. I've tried, really tried, to get into HIMYM, and I just can't. That laugh track grates so much now!

Nov 8th 2010

That laugh track grates so much now!

Agreed. I still watch TO and will until it ends, or NA ends. Whichever comes first.

Nov 8th 2010

Viva NA! It will never die!

Nov 8th 2010

Oh, come on guys. We've got to accept the fact that this is a show in it's Golden years and quit trying to hold it up to the standards that it met when it was in peak creative condition.

I think, for the most part, people here have been fairly satisfied with Season 7. The last episode, however, was a steaming pile.

Nov 8th 2010

Oh, come on guys. We've got to accept the fact that this...show....quit trying...

True.

Nov 8th 2010

I think, for the most part, people here have been fairly satisfied with Season 7. The last episode, however, was a steaming pile.

This is how I feel. They've started S6 repeats and S7 holds up a lot better than many of those except for last Thursday's offering.

Nov 11th 2010

FIRST!

Oh, wait.

Nov 11th 2010

I'm looking forward to this tonight. It's gotta be better than the day I had.

Nov 11th 2010

I'm pretty sure Kelly just insulted her own show.

Nov 11th 2010

Seriously, when did Hamnard break up? Did that happen over "the summer"?

Nov 11th 2010

Do you think we're going to get Pouty Michael all season?

Nov 11th 2010

Think of it this way: at least then you'll be rid of him.

Nov 11th 2010

I laughed at Jim feeding Dwight.

I think it was a strong Dwight episode. An okay Jim and Pam ep. An overacted Andy episode (but I enjoy Andy's over the top much more than Michael's these days) and a just fair ep from everyone else. Phyllis did okay. Creed's one line was wasted. I wouldn't mind a love contract with Angela. Kinsey or Martin. There. I said it.

Nov 11th 2010

I think they should have added a few more stories in there. It wasn't nearly crowded enough.

Nov 11th 2010

Phyllis totally creeped me out.

Nov 11th 2010

I'm pretty sure Kelly just insulted her own show.

It's a valid point that some people take their favorite TV shows too seriously. But if you make a TV show and eff up story lines regularly it's probably not a point you want to make.

Nov 11th 2010

More Glee mockery would have helped.

Nov 11th 2010 edited

It's a valid point that some people take their favorite TV shows too seriously.

It's true. It would be nice, however, if the people who are paid a lot of money to make these shows evinced any signs whatsoever of taking these shows even 50% as seriously as I once did. I guess I can't blame anybody, really, for phoning it in for the cheques. I'd do it. The opportunity to send my kids to Quaker schools and drive a Lexus hybrid would be too much to pass up. But I like to think I'd at least feel a tiny bit of responsibility for my output.

Nov 11th 2010

Meh.

Nov 11th 2010

So this is still happening, huh?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 56
Top of PageBack to discussions