Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.10 China
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 55
Nov 27th 2010
  • Season 7 : Episode 10
  • First aired on December 2, 2010

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MICHAEL IS ON A MISSION—After reading an article about China growing as a global power, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) decides China must be stopped before they take over the US. Everyone in the office complains about Dwight's (Rainn Wilson) building standards and Pam (Jenna Fischer) threatens to move Dunder Mifflin to a new building. John Krasinski, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, B.J. Novak, Ellie Kemper, Craig Robinson, Paul Lieberstein and Zach Woods also star.

Nov 28th 2010

Yikes.

Nov 28th 2010

I don't know, I really like the idea of Pam threatening to move the office to another building - that'd drive Dwight bonkers for sure.

Nov 28th 2010

After reading an article about China growing as a global power, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) decides China must be stopped before they take over the US.

I stand by my yikes.

Nov 28th 2010

I can't figure out what the heck they mean by that China/Michael description.

Nov 29th 2010

Yes. I second the Yikes.

Nov 29th 2010

All in favor say "yikes"?

Nov 29th 2010

Yikes!

Nov 29th 2010 edited

Speaking of China, Google Map directions there from Japan and scroll to #43. I guarantee it will be funnier than this episode.

The U.S.A. to China directions are worth a gander too, specifically nos. 27, 28 and 42.

Nov 29th 2010

Google Maps cannot calculate directions between USA and Canada. Thereby proving that Google Maps was made in America.

Nov 29th 2010

And that Canada does not matter.

Dec 2nd 2010

NEW OFFICE TONIGHT! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Talkin' bout the China Grove
Woooooooooooooooooooooooahh China Grove

Chickity China, the Chinese Chicken
You grab a drumstick and your brain stops tickin'

Yeah! China! Alright!

Hello?

Dec 2nd 2010

Someone call 911 for Daoust.

Dec 2nd 2010

Because he's on fi-yah!

Dec 2nd 2010

I think the opinion of this episode is jaded. badda boom Okay a song instead:

Nothing could be finer Than to be watching China On a Thurs. . . Day.

No? It was close, wasn't it?

Dec 2nd 2010

Dammit Pam, just get the hell out of here.

I guffawed a few times.

Dec 2nd 2010

Phyllis about being in the same building with Bob..."keeps me honest." Nice.

Dec 2nd 2010

Honestly, I'm a little at a loss for words. Where did that come from? It's most as if they were listening in on our conversation today and whipped out a layered, subtly substantial episode in response to the disparagement. I'm thinking, for the first time in recent memory, of rewatching an episode to see what I missed. They even redeemed the initial idiocy Of the China plotline.

Dec 2nd 2010

The fact that they recalled Pam's failures actually shocked me although I kind of wish that Dwight wasn't responsible for redemption. Andy's routine dismissal of her photos got the biggest laugh from me.

Dec 2nd 2010

Another episode I wasn't looking forward to, but ended up enjoying. I liked douchey Oscar, and annoying S3 Andy. The Pam/Dwight thing snuck up on me, and was moving. I didn't think this show could do that to me anymore. There was a hint of it with the Michael/Erin scene in "Viewing Party", but this week it felt more earned. And there were quite a few laughs to be had, as well. I dug it.

Dec 3rd 2010

although I kind of wish that Dwight wasn't responsible for redemption.

Me, too. A bit. I would have been fine if they would have just shown with the cameras that Dwight did all that stuff. They didn't have to have him saying "I didn't do it out of compassion!" bit, I didn't think. But maybe they did. I don't know.

Dec 3rd 2010

The two-ply to one-ply machine kept cracking me up. As did Pam calling Nathan to set up a meeting with Dwight.

Dec 3rd 2010

The two-ply to one-ply machine kept cracking me up.

This.

Dec 3rd 2010

I also enjoyed the battle between Dwight and Pam about the future.

Dec 3rd 2010

Pam was really great in this one. Who wrote this? I feel like they revived elements of the show that used to be predominant.

The Pam/Dwight thing snuck up on me, and was moving. I didn't think this show could do that to me anymore. There was a hint of it with the Michael/Erin scene in "Viewing Party", but this week it felt more earned.

Exactly.

Dec 3rd 2010

Funny lines and moments, worth repeating as I rewatch:

• I'll have the pedadexterity of a chimp, and you'll be standing there looking like an idiot.

• Thank you hands. Nothing else in the universe can do what you do.

• Henk's description of the blueberry muffin, or was it a bagel?

• The motion sensors for the lights and the resultant waving at the lights was funny.

• Don't get me started on how coddled the modern anus is.

You know what? I'm gonna stop. That right there is more quality, funny lines that we've seen in some whole shows this season. And it was all in the cold open plus a few minutes of the ep. Nice work, Mr. Halstead and Angela Kinsey's ex.

B.T.B.

Dec 3rd 2010

Post script.

Zombie soccer is a real game. On Bored.com.

Furthermore, I would like to go one-on-one with Michael Scott in a debate about boobs.

Dec 3rd 2010

Don't get me started on how coddled the modern anus is.

Once was a time when this would have gotten its own thread.

Dec 3rd 2010

The motion sensors for the lights and the resultant waving at the lights was funny.

This happens in our office all the time. It was so great to be able to think "hey, I can relate to that" again. It's been awhile.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 55
Top of PageBack to discussions