Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.10 China
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 55 of 55
Dec 3rd 2010

I liked when Angela couldn't trigger the sensors and then Kevin walked in and the lights came on. Brilliant.

Can anyone remember the tag? I have forgotten what it was...

Dec 3rd 2010

Pigeons and ice cream.

Dec 3rd 2010

Oh yeah...it was kind of sweet.

Dec 3rd 2010

It was. Darryl laughs and says something like "That's the standard!" as he high-fives Andy.

Dec 3rd 2010

I liked the bit with Erin thinking the rest of the group had taken out a life insurance policy on her.

"Why do you even need soap? Are you that bad at going to the bathroom?"

Dec 3rd 2010

I really liked this episode for reasons other people have mentioned - funny, but in that subtle way the early Office was famous for, relatable, believable. I wish Pam had won on her own though. I like Nate. In fact, I like him better than Mose, who I always liked better as a concept than an actual character. Not quite as good as the Halloween one, but easily the second best of the season.

BTB!

Dec 4th 2010

I agree with everyone, the episode was great! I really liked the return of Jim's underhanded comments.

"I don't agree with."

Dec 4th 2010

I wish Pam had won on her own though.

The more I think about what the writers have done to Pam these last few years, the more disappointed I am. They had her fail art school on just about the flimsiest premise imaginable ("I couldn't get it to print." Really?) and then basically never discuss the subject again. They made her a salesman back in S5, completely ignore the subject for a year and a half, then have her say things like "Is price important to you?" and finally just quit when she invents a position for herself. This week she has a chance to do something significant in the office administrator role and she's so afraid of failing that she...prints out some photos from the internet. She couldn't put any more effort than that? Instead she is rescued by Dwight's fondness for her. Hooray for Pam! She was saved by some dude. They better expand on this idea in the coming weeks or I am going to be pissed.

Dec 4th 2010

The more I think about what the writers have done to Pam these last few years, the more disappointed I am.

Yup.

Dec 4th 2010

Sepinwall mentioned this in his last blog:

the necessity of keeping Pam in that office for the sake of the show has required the writers to turn her into a repeated failure

While that theory works for her art school ambitions, there was no reason to make her a failure at sales. Other than the idea that Sales Pam was boring, and they wanted to do something else.

Dec 4th 2010

Even failing at art school didn't mean completely abandoning her interest in art and they barely touched the idea of Sales Pam before giving it up. Just lazy stuff for me.

Dec 6th 2010 edited

Great ep, but Pam being rescued by Dwight kinda ended the ep on a whack note for me. I was so expecting Pam or at least Pam and Jim to come up with something hilarious to get Dwight. I guess I shouldn't hate since I've been enjoying the episodes this season with 3 exceptions.

Dec 7th 2010

Great ep. I just wish they hadn't laid it on so thick with Dwight's sentimentality at the end. The pigeon and ice cream bit wasn't funny either.

Dec 8th 2010

Hi, HPJ. Great name!

Dec 8th 2010 edited

Thanks, Daoust. You guys are great.

Dec 8th 2010

No. Thank you, Hurt Petulant Jesus. Can I ask how you found us here?

Dec 8th 2010

O, I've been lurking for years... and years... and... years. I've always had trouble thinking of a name, so maybe that's why I'm only just now joining.

Btw: How do I italicize and bold text?

Dec 8th 2010 edited

One ( * ) without the () on either side of the word for italics
( * * ) on either side of the word for bold.

ETA. Hard to explain. (Shift 8)word(shift 8) for italics. (shift 8 shift 8)word(shift 8 shift 8) for bold. I think that's even more confusing.

Wow! Lurking for years? And you're just joining now? You missed the best years here, my friend. But, on the bright side, you picked a great name. Lose-win. Welcome, anyway. Maybe your bravery will inspire others to come out of hiding.

Dec 8th 2010

the necessity of keeping Pam in that office for the sake of the show has required the writers to turn her into a repeated failure

Exactly. I didn't think the Andy-Darryl stuff was necessary, but I liked seeing more heart to the episode with Pam and Dwight. The toilet paper machine and Nate's comment ("I don't think it works like that") were really funny, and I also loved Dwight and Pam's "future" battle.

Dec 8th 2010 edited

Daoust, you're a prince.

Dec 8th 2010

I also loved Dwight and Pam's "future" battle.

Them waving their arms to set off the light monitor was a nice sight gag.

Dec 8th 2010 edited

I was in a restaurant bathroom today where the light kept going out and I had to keep waving my hands to light it again. I thought fondly of this episode... but it still sucked.

ETA the bathroom light-sensor sucked, not the episode.

Dec 8th 2010

What we of course should all be thinking of is the Better Off Ted episode with the automated lights witches and door locks.

"Racial Sensitivity"

It is without equal.

Dec 9th 2010

You mean we have to hire an equal number of black people to shadow the people shadowing the black employees? (Or a quote to that effect...)

Dec 9th 2010

It is without equal.

Damn, I miss that show. Imagine it in that 8:30 time slot on Thursdays starting in January.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 55 of 55
Top of PageBack to discussions