Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.11 Classy Christmas
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 74
Dec 4th 2010
  • Season 7 : Episode 11
  • First aired on December 9, 2010

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MICHAEL IS THRILLED WHEN TOBY TAKES A LEAVE OF ABSENCE—AMY RYAN (“Gone Baby Gone”) GUEST STARS—Michael could not be happier when Toby (Paul Lieberstein) has to take a leave of absence and corporate sends Holly Flax (guest star Amy Ryan) to cover for him. Pam (Jenna Fischer) is forced to do a second Christmas party after Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) wants the party to be on the day Holly returns to Scranton. Meanwhile, Jim (John Krasinski) regrets agreeing to a snowball fight with Dwight (Rainn Wilson). Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, B.J. Novak, Ellie Kemper, Craig Robinson, Zach Woods and Paul Lieberstein also star.

Dec 4th 2010

I'm feeling some good will after the last episode, and I'm rather looking forward to this one. With a little trepidation.

Dec 4th 2010

Well, I enjoyed Amy Ryan back in the day so I hope they can keep that going.

Dec 6th 2010

I think Amy Ryan has enough talent and chemistry with Steve Carell to make this one a good Christmas episode. They can only get better than the last two Christmas eps, in my opinion.

Dec 8th 2010

Facebook has five previews of this episode posted. If you watch all those, you probably don't need to watch the show.

Dec 8th 2010

I am excited to see Holly. I am excited for a Pam/Michael storyline. I am excited to watch it on my NEW TV that is being delivered tomorrow morning. I am excited for this episode.

Dec 8th 2010

I am excited to see Holly.

I wasn't, but then I watched this:

Amy Ryan - Behind The Scenes/Classy Christmas

And now I am.

Dec 9th 2010

Facebook has five previews of this episode posted. If you watch all those, you probably don't need to watch the show.

Yeah, I know what you mean, MISS. I listened to all of the Amy Ryan one, but only the first few minutes of the Steve Carell and Erin one, because in my heart of hearts I'm still a NERK. Wait. Is that the right term?

Episode is written by Mindy, directed by Rainn. As to the former, I suppose that means quirky dialogue, cultural references, and suspension of some disbelief.

Still. I'm pulling for Mindy to start a strong ending arc for the Michael Scott story.

I noticed that this is the last new ep until January 20th though. So I wonder if this won't be a stand alone ep, and the true Michael Scott exit arc won't start until then.

Dec 9th 2010

Amy Ryan - Behind The Scenes/Classy Christmas

I liked her previous hairstyle better.

Dec 9th 2010

That was a new take.

Dec 9th 2010

Ok, I enjoyed that episode. Jim's paranoia was lovely and well deserved. The Oscar/Senator story has potential. Michael was restrained to a degree I wasn't expecting.

Dec 9th 2010

I don't know. I was glad to have Holly back ... for about 5 minutes. I don't think I care about them anymore. Decent episode overall, though. Some good laughs. I've seen this on a few boards:

BEST. CHRISTMAS. EPISODE. EVER.

Umm, no.

Dec 9th 2010

That is an overreaction.

Dec 9th 2010

Yeah it was good but not the greatest. The comic book was awsome. The Snowball fight was epic and Jim got what he deserved.

Dec 9th 2010

"Awe, he poured hot coffee on her woody" I actually uttered this in the gym. Luckly there was no one in there with me at the time.

Dec 9th 2010

Was that a three-hour episode? It felt really long for some reason. Pam looked really really pretty. I can't think of much else to say about it except that it was good but definitely not the:

BEST. CHRISTMAS. EPISODE. EVER.

Dec 9th 2010

No it was only an hour but it did feel long. I thought it was really well done.

Dec 9th 2010

No it was only an hour

Are you sure? I think it was three.

Dec 9th 2010

it did feel long

TWSS

Dec 9th 2010

I don't think it was the best Christmas episode, but I thought it was easily the best episode of the season. It had a good balance of funny, awkward, and heartwarming that reminded me of seasons past. Having Holly back was interesting (it seemed as if everyone was making a huge deal about the fact that she was temporarily back), but it almost feels as if the will-they-or-won't-they is too drawn on for Holly or Michael. The only good way I see it resolving is if they actually get together for good at the end of the season or something, because if that doesn't happen, we're just being yanked in another endless relationship conundrum.

Overall, this was the first episode in a long time that I've actually watched on TV when it aired, then came here to discuss, and will probably re-watch online later.

Dec 9th 2010

Overall, this was the first episode in a long time that I've actually watched on TV when it aired, then came here to discuss, and will probably re-watch online later.

This. It took me until now to get caught up from Christening, but I liked this quite a lot.

Dec 9th 2010 edited

Many things got a laugh out of me and Bubbleboy. Two examples that spring to mind is when Dwight busted out of that snowman, and when Kevin thought that it was possible that Woody did it to himself-- and then Erin gasped and covered her mouth in horror.

Dec 10th 2010

The montage of Dwight with different wigs was awesome.

I didn't like cowering, sissy Jim. But he did have it coming. The first snowball thrown by him was mean and unlike his character.

Dec 10th 2010

Yeah, just filling a waste basket with snow and dumping it on Dwight's head would have been more his style. Also, the folks still rooting for Dwight with the surprise package while Jim is covered in blood seemed a bit cruel. I still laughed though.

Dec 10th 2010

The montage of Dwight with different wigs was awesome.

Yes! We had a few laugh-out-loud moments, but of course I can't remember details this morning. I'm actually looking forward to watching it again. It wasn't my favorite episode of the season, but I enjoyed it enough to want to watch it for detail. I have to say, though, that Erin annoys me beyond words. I just don't understand why they had to make so, so dumb. To me, she's not even funny dumb.

Dec 10th 2010

The best thing about Erin is that she still fears and respects Michael. Everyone else stopped doing that seasons ago, but she still thinks he's pretty cool. The show needs someone like that.

She's a different dumb than Kevin...more an innocent kind of dumb. I think it's funny.

I thought one of her funniest lines ever was last season (Body Language?) where she said that the woman left a hair clip and then asked Michael if she could put it in lost and found and then take it in three days if no one claimed it? It was a small moment, but I just found it so funny.

Dec 10th 2010 edited

I enjoyed Erin's WTF? expressions while Michael & Holly were doing that weird wild west showdown/three stooges thing. Also, "I can't help you because I'm waiting on a pretty lady". Or something like that.

Dec 10th 2010

She's got a great face for expressions. She's got that mile-wide grin that can instantly shift to a look of shock or horror...like when Michael wanted to room with her and Kelly at Niagara.

Dec 10th 2010

Also, "I can't help you because I'm waiting on a pretty lady".

Then she said "Oh...you're the lady?" as if Holly wasn't pretty.

Dec 10th 2010

That was probably the worst part of last night's episode for me. I mean, no matter how stupid you are, who says that?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 74
Top of PageBack to discussions