Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.11 Classy Christmas
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 74 of 74
Dec 10th 2010 edited

she was so excited that Corporate finally found something to do for her.

I'm really glad that they've continued the Kelly-as-junior-executive plot all season, and that it's been subtle. Score one for continuity!

Oh, and the comic book! How have we not talked about that yet? Pam drew a comic book! It was so nice to see that side of her again.

Dec 10th 2010

It seemed a little derivative of the Bear Man comics, so chalk up another failure.

Dec 10th 2010

That was a new take.

Yes, it was, and refreshing, too. I liked this Christmas ep much much better than the previous few.

I enjoyed that episode. Jim's paranoia was lovely and well deserved. The Oscar/Senator story has potential. Michael was restrained to a degree I wasn't expecting.

Me, too. Agreed, but slightly overacted. You think so? I’m willing to wait and see. Yes, Michael >was! The only thing I didn’t like that he did was at the beginning when he tried to throw out >all the Christmas foods. But I know that it was necessary to show the evolution of Michael >Scott. He still needed to be talked down from his ledge a little bit, but overall S7 Michael has >matured so so much from earlier versions of himself. Or, at least, he has for this episode. >They might revert him back to driving-into-a-lake Michael ( also known as getting-on-a->bus-with-missionary-kids Michael) next episode. But for this episode, I like how they treated >Michael. Of course it was Mindy who wrote this ep, who knows Michael so intimately, and >that’s why it was successful, in my mind.

I was glad to have Holly back

Me too. I am glad that they are wrapping up the Michael story with Holly. It’s the right thing to >do.

Was that a three-hour episode? It felt really long for some reason. Pam looked really really >>pretty.

Really? I felt it was a good length. I felt that the Darryl/daughter B story was what dragged the >episode out and they maybe could have done more with it. Yes, Pam did. Yes.

I don't think it was the best Christmas episode, but I thought it was easily the best episode >>of the season. It had a good balance of funny, awkward, and heartwarming that reminded >>me of seasons past.

Excellent points. Was it the best episode of the season? I don’t know. I kinda forget the other >episodes. But yeah, I thought it was good.

I didn't like cowering, sissy Jim. But he did have it coming. The first snowball thrown by him >>was mean and unlike his character.

Good points.

The montage of Dwight with different wigs was awesome.

Ditto!

The best thing about Erin is that she still fears and respects Michael. Everyone else stopped >>doing that seasons ago, but she still thinks he's pretty cool. The show needs someone like >>that.

Right again, Jinx. I don’t share MISS’s dislike of Erin. I appreciated Erin’s protective care of >Michael. It’s funny how both the former secretary and the current one have such a protective >nature when it comes to Michael Scott. I wonder what the root of that is. that she said she couldn't move from behind her desk for 30 seconds to help someone with a >box because she was waiting for someone else to come in. Is she really that stupid? And if so, >why?

Yeah, that’s a good , valid point. I thought that was a missed mark thing, for sure. I'm tempted to watch it here at work, but then I might become one of the unemployed kids.

If your workplace is anything like mine is today, you can get away with it, and remain >employed.

Question: What did Jim get Pam? Was it just a pretty bracelet? Was there significance to it

I am stunned at the length of Daoust's post.

Dec 10th 2010

That's what no one has ever said before.

Dec 10th 2010

Dwight's collection of wigs was very funny.

As far as the snowball battle goes, I'm torn. I laughed at the first snowball in Dwight's face, even if it was a little out of character for Jim, partly because it was just funny, and partly because I thought Dwight kind of deserved it (he's been even more of a douche than usual lately, IMO). I also liked seeing Jim's fear, and don't necessarily disagree with the fact that he deserved it. However, I saw a lot of the same Jim-always-fails-at-life dynamic that has gotten really old over the past few seasons. He and Dwight both did stupid, mean things, yet Jim was the only one who got reprimanded for it. Again, I'm not saying he didn't deserve the payback, but did no one notice or care that he essentially got beat up and had blood all over him? Should he have broken the window by failing at lacrosse? No. But I disagree with the fact that he was the only one who was faulted during the entire snowball-fight scenario.

The same kind of goes for the Pam situation. In a lot of ways, Pam has matured in the office and has more ability and authority than she used to. Still, though, people constantly find ways to cut her down, and this time it was the comic book. It's more a testament to the jerkiness of the other office workers than her lack of talent, but it felt a bit familiar how hard she worked with so little appreciation or respect. I'm not saying that Pam and Jim should be on the top of the social ladder all the time as the cool and popular kids, but when they're still written to fail on a regular basis (when it's not always the logical outcome), the redundancy reduces the realism (alliteration!) quite a bit.

Dec 10th 2010

Okay, I'm done.

For now.

TWSS

Dec 10th 2010

Okay, I'm done.

I totally agree with your points.

I thought the funniest thing that came out of the snowball fight was when Holly said they used to be best friends.

Dec 10th 2010

Loved the looks on both their faces when she said that.

Dec 10th 2010

"Who the heck even knows what a "Comptroller" is?"

Oh, Kevin.

Dec 11th 2010

Yeah I have no clue.

Dec 11th 2010

So you all seemed not to enjoy the Jim/Dwight snowball fight as much as I did. I thought Jim starting it was hilarious and not at all mean. Classic Jim being messing with Dwight. Except that usually Jim leads Dwight into his own weird little world and leaves him there, but this time Jim got pulled into Dwight's world. And in Dwight's world, he has the upper hand. That's why I found that plot line funny and Jim's paranoia did not strike me as Jim being a baffling fool but as Jim having a legitimate fear of being part of Dwightland.

I pretty much liked everything about this episode. I mean it's no season 2, but I thought it was pretty dang good. And the Jim/Pam comic scene still made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Especially when Jim said "and that is MY daughter." It was a nicely delivered line and a subtle way to remind us that they are parents without shoving it in our faces.

Those are my thoughts for now.

Dec 13th 2010

I finally caught the ep, it was good, not best episode ever. I really loved the snowball fight stuff. To me it came off more like Dwight is a crazy person moreso than Jim is a coward. The post-traumatic stress stuff was threatening to rekindle my love of Krasinki. I thought Kevin was really funny in this ep, I liked when he was upset about Holly's beau not bringing gifts.

Dec 13th 2010

So you all seemed not to enjoy the Jim/Dwight snowball fight as much as I did. I thought Jim starting it was hilarious and not at all mean. Classic Jim being messing with Dwight. Except that usually Jim leads Dwight into his own weird little world and leaves him there, but this time Jim got pulled into Dwight's world. And in Dwight's world, he has the upper hand. That's why I found that plot line funny and Jim's paranoia did not strike me as Jim being a baffling fool but as Jim having a legitimate fear of being part of Dwightland.

This.

I'm not a big fan of Mindy written eps. There was definitely some funny in this one - most notably Angela's gay senator boyfriend twist. I did like how she wrote Michael, but overall I'd put this as middlin fare of the season. I liked the last episode much better.

I laughed hardest at the sight gag of Woody's little clothes hanging to dry on the line in the bathroom.

Dec 13th 2010

I laughed hardest at the sight gag of Woody's little clothes hanging to dry on the line in the bathroom.

That cracked me up as well.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 74 of 74
Top of PageBack to discussions