Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.12 Ultimatum
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 49
Jan 15th 2011 edited
  • Season 7 : Episode 12
  • First aired on January 20, 2011

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MICHAEL ANXIOUSLY AWAITS THE RESULTS OF HOLLY'S ENGAGEMENT ULTIMATUM — AMY RYAN (“Gone Baby Gone”) GUEST STARS — Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) prepares himself for the good or bad news about Holly (guest star Amy Ryan) and her boyfriend. In an effort to be an "awesome" office manager, Pam (Jenna Fischer) decides to put up a resolution board for everyone to post their New Year's resolutions. Meanwhile, Andy (Ed Helms), Dwight (Rainn Wilson), and Darryl (Craig Robinson) set out to meet women during their lunch break. John Krasinski, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, B.J. Novak, Ellie Kemper, and Zach Woods also star.

Jan 18th 2011

I'm going to watch True Grit on Thursday night. Am I going to miss a new Community?

Jan 18th 2011

Am I going to miss a new Community?

Yes.

Jan 18th 2011

But you won't miss a new Office. Not much, anyway.

Jan 18th 2011

Community will be on Hulu on Friday morning, though.

Jan 18th 2011

Yep.

Jan 18th 2011

Between Hulu, Netflix and free on-demand, I've pretty much decided to ditch the second DVR, i.e. the one I use because my wife dominates the other one. The only advantage is being able to watch shows when they air without worrying about commercials or missing parts.

Jan 18th 2011

You will miss the first new episode of Parks and Rec as well.

Jan 20th 2011

It was good. Definitely not great. It started out strong, I laughed at all of Michael & Erin's shenanigans, Darryl figuring out how to get a ride to the bookstore, and Dwight & Andy trying to talk to the girl at the bookstore. Then I thought the rest was pretty blah and the KevinMichael vegetable bit was especially stupid. There's no question anymore that Parks & Rec is the better show.

Jan 20th 2011

I did think the "Chocolates?" "For you, for doing a great job" was excellent. Also Andy upset, then getting into Marching Ants.

Jan 20th 2011

I enjoyed it. Did Pam kill Jim and bury him in the basement? I am praying that Holly goes back to Nashua without Michael.

Jan 20th 2011

Why? Michael deserves his happy ending.

Jan 20th 2011

No, he doesn't.

Jan 21st 2011

Yeah I too wondered what the heck happened to Jim.

I enjoyed Creed's f you man, f you.

Jan 21st 2011

Meh.

Jan 21st 2011

Meh.

GREATEST EPISODE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!

Jan 21st 2011

Meh.

It was a bit of a mehpisode, but there was some funny stuff there. Erin, Creed, & Kevin were great. I don't care about Michael and Holly anymore. Not only do I not want them together, I want AJ to bang Holly while Michael is forced to watch.

Jan 21st 2011

I did enjoy the Kevin dual flip the bird back to Holly. Why so much Michael angst, may I ask?

Jan 21st 2011

EPIC MEH!

Jan 21st 2011

I thought it was funny, especially the first half. Erin just tickles my funny bone for some reason. When she was "following Phyliss' lead" and told Holly she went to Portugal over break I thought it was hilarious.

I liked the cold open as well. "We are not armed".

Jan 21st 2011

I don't care about Michael and Holly anymore.

This. I think the writers kept them apart too long and I lost interest. For me, it has nothing to do with wanting or not wanting Michael to be happy. I'm just bored with the arc and I think the writing of it has been lazy.

I liked how happy Erin was for Michael, helping his celebrate with his happy box. She seems very sincere in her affection for him. And that might be the first nice thing I've ever said about Erin.

Jan 21st 2011

Since they're lurking, it's good we let them know these things. This was a moderately funny and mostly forgettable episode.

Jan 21st 2011

This was a moderately funny and mostly forgettable episode.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Jan 21st 2011

You're all welcome to your thoughts, but I thought that this episode was the best of the NBC lineup last night. Yeah, it wasn't the best episode ever, but it was better than Parks and Rec and Community. And 30 Rock wasn't even close.

Jan 21st 2011

30Rock was mildly funny, but Parks and Rec definitely was better, and it wasn't even a top tier episode for them.

Jan 21st 2011

it was better than Parks and Rec

You're acting retarded.

Jan 21st 2011

I don't remember laughing at P&R. I'm sure I did, but I don't remember. I remember laughing during TO.

Jan 21st 2011

Yeah, it wasn't the best episode ever, but it was better than Parks and Rec and Community.

I didn't see Parks & Rec yet, but Community was brilliant. Or as someone else said, that's how you do a return episode. I laughed a few times at The Office. The thing with Kevin and the broccoli was stupid, but it did make me laugh against my will.

Jan 21st 2011

I laughed when he spit it out. Twice.

Jan 21st 2011

You don't remember laughing? At Leslie smashing her hand into Ron's face to show him her goosebumps? Or at Rob Lowe turning out not to be mindless, but rather being very much aware of his constant positive nature, and immediately answering why?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 49
Top of PageBack to discussions