Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Top Ten Reasons The Jets Will Win the Super Bowl
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 34
Jan 21st 2011

Can someone explain what is happening here? This is why we don't do meth before starting threads.

Jan 21st 2011

Nice, Bri.

Jan 21st 2011

Reason Number 42: the Mets just signed journeyman reliever and former Braves closer of the future Blaine Boyer.

Jan 21st 2011

What tipping point did we reach three months ago that resulted in mad spam? I feel like this spam would have been most effective roughly four seasons ago.

Jan 22nd 2011

What tipping point did we reach three months ago that resulted in mad spam?

I don't know, but let's blame it on Jackboots.

Jan 22nd 2011

Good idea.

Jan 22nd 2011

Works for me.

Jan 22nd 2011

Definitely works for me, too.

Jan 23rd 2011

Best spam thread ever.

Jan 23rd 2011

What tipping point did we reach three months ago that resulted in mad spam? I feel like this spam would have been most effective roughly four seasons ago.

I run a historical-type web site which hasn't been updated in two years and was frequented by three people, and one of those was me and another was my brother. And we still got spam. What's the point of that? Who are they trying to reach? I think it's just automated and goes to any site with enabled user comments.

Jan 23rd 2011

I run a historical-type web site which hasn't been updated in two years and was frequented by three people, and one of those was me and another was my brother.

I'm not a stalker, but I've been there. Just, uh, so you know. I like the layout of the family tree stuff, the navigation, I mean. And there's a lot of info.

But I just realized that I don't remember any comment-y areas and you might be talking about another site and now I look like a stalkery freak anyways. Whatever. I'm still posting it.

Jan 23rd 2011

Toos, the site with the family tree stuff is my brother's, and while I've contributed most of the data to the tree, he wrote all that stuff (the family tree that you can navigate) in java himself. It is pretty neat.

The site I'm talking about is a town historical site which I have great plans for, but never the time.

Jan 23rd 2011

That sounds like a cool project, Jinx. If it were to happen in my town, though, there would be a lot of arguing over who is or isn't featured or included or who maintains it or who benefits from it and in what way.

That's all beside the point. Is it online, like can I get there from your site or your brother's, if I somehow found myself there again?

Jan 23rd 2011

I like your brother's site, Jinx. BRob was wondering how he did that, so you answered the question without him asking. I also forgot about your site for your daughter. We strolled through the pictures. She's so beautiful. Or was back then. And was so tiny. Makes me clutch my heart just looking at them. And she's a beautiful blend of you and your wife.

Jan 23rd 2011

Makes me clutch my heart just looking at them.

I felt the same way when * AMJ* mentioned Five Guys.

Jan 23rd 2011

Guys, guys, we're getting off target here. Someone is actually saying the Mets might win the World Series...they obviously need serious help

Jan 23rd 2011

I really don't mind that you guys found those sites, but it gives me pause to think how easily we can be found.

The historical web site (for my town) would be a collection of historical photos and articles. Someday, I keep planning on writing a map application, kind of like Google Maps with the icons and landmarks, except you will be able to change it to any date...so, say you want to see a map of your town as it was in 1840. Or you want to see a map from today showing all the interesting historical buildings. Or you want a map showing historical markers or barns built before 1900. It would be configurable to whatever you want, once all the data is in there. I know how to do this...and I've written several "proof on concept" web pages that work well...but it's a big project to do all this. Maybe one of these days.

Jan 23rd 2011 edited

I really don't mind that you guys found those sites, but it gives me pause to think how easily we can be found.

I think it's only because I know your actual name. And that, added to your location, helps. But I can't think of any way anyone might know your actual name lately, though. I know you posted a link to that site a long time ago because of the extra-curricular activities your wife was engaging in at the time and a conversation you were having with KarenM about it, I think. But I think you took it down shortly afterwards, so I dont' think there's much out there to identify you. And none of us who know your name are asshats enough to actually reveal it, George.

Jan 23rd 2011

I didn't try, but if I didn't I'd have no idea where to start looking, and absolutely no chance of being successful. I wouldn't worry.

Jan 23rd 2011

I can online stalk with the best/creepiest of them. But I just remembered Jinx and Anque don't live in the same place. I knew that a few years ago but forgot.

Jan 23rd 2011

I hope we aren't making you feel bad, Jinx! I've looked stuff up on the quiet folks that I like around here, but not for stalking purposes, I promise. Most of you guys that I know stuff about also know lots of stuff about me, so I don't feel so bad.

Jan 23rd 2011

And none of us who know your name are asshats enough to actually reveal it, George.

Thanks, Bertha.

I really don't mind people looking me up. And I have mentioned several sites and/or things about me. The only thing embarrassing about me on the internet is the lack of embarrassing things about me.

But I just remembered Jinx and Anque don't live in the same place.

One of us work(ed) where the other one went to school. And there is no University of Macedon. So there's a clue for you.

Jan 23rd 2011

I just looked up my full name then my name with just my maiden and then just my married last name.

None of them returns anything on me, except my full name, and that just turns up my grandfather's memorial and photograph as put up by one of his neighbors, whom I never met.

Jan 23rd 2011

I figured it was time for a thread name change.

And I was just sure Anque and Jinx were expatriates living in Budapest.

Jan 23rd 2011

Well, the Jets have as much chance of winning the Super Bowl as the Mets winning the World Series so the name change works.

Jan 23rd 2011

You wound me. But yeah.

Jan 23rd 2011

Sorry, Bri.

Jan 23rd 2011 edited

Too cruel? Well, that's what being a Mariners fan will do to you.

Jan 23rd 2011 edited

Oh, I'm not a Jets fan. I console my Giants misery by replaying my Super Bowl 42 highlight videos and reflecting on the Jets never winning an AFC Championship game in my lifetime.

that's what being a Mariners fan will do to you.

Fun fact: I'm still not over Olerud signing with you guys 11 years ago.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 34
Top of PageBack to discussions