Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.13 The Seminar
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 45
Jan 22nd 2011 edited
  • Season 7 : Episode 13
  • First aired on January 27, 2011

Summary courtesy of NBC:

ANDY HOLDS A SEMINAR IN ORDER TO MAKE SALES—AMY RYAN (“Gone Baby Gone”) GUEST STARS—With Andy’s (Ed Helms) sales at his lowest ever, he gets desperate and holds a small business seminar with the help of some special guests . Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) and Holly turn the event into an improv challenge. Meanwhile, Erin (Ellie Kemper) enlists some of her co-workers in her scrabble battle with Gabe (Zach Woods). Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez,Creed Bratton, B.J. Novak and Craig Robinson also star.

Jan 22nd 2011

Frost!

Jan 22nd 2011

I'll be watching this one, but most for a specific thing that I've heard might be happening in it.

Jan 22nd 2011

What specific thing?

Jan 22nd 2011

I want to know, too.

Jan 22nd 2011

The thing that's in the spoiler thread.

Jan 22nd 2011

Good call, lemoñadé!

Jan 22nd 2011

I can't even find the spoiler thread! What the hell?

Jan 22nd 2011

Miss, it's the spoiler you posted a link for.

Jan 22nd 2011

God, it sucks to get old. I finally found the thread only to discover that I was the one who posted the spoiler in the first place. Goodbye, mind. It's been nice...

Jan 22nd 2011

Thank goodness we have our lemoñadé here to keep our shit together.

Jan 22nd 2011

Seriously.

Jan 22nd 2011

Goodbye, mind. It's been nice...

If you find yours could you look around and see if mine is hanging around there too?

Jan 23rd 2011

It's in the back, near where I last saw my marbles.

Jan 23rd 2011

Let me know if you find any of my playing cards near your marbles. I haven't been playing with a full deck.

Jan 23rd 2011

I'm missing a brick from my load, too.

Jan 23rd 2011

Does anyone have a whetstone? The other knives in my drawer are much sharper than I am.

Jan 23rd 2011

Anyone got any chandelier bulbs? Mine seem a bit dim.

Jan 23rd 2011

A whetstone? Let me check this box of rocks here, which is smarter than I am.

Jan 23rd 2011

I'm still looking for the other oar to my rowboat. (dizzy blond here)

Jan 23rd 2011

Let me see if I've got it here in my sack full of mashed cats, than which I am crazier.

Jan 23rd 2011

Bri, I think I found your marbles, but I don't want to give them to you, lest you end up flying out the window and all over london.

Jan 27th 2011 edited

Michael Schur tweeted that tonight's episode may be his favorite ever. Then Sepinwall tweeted that it wasn't showrunner hype and that it is indeed fantastic.

That seems like a good way to fire up this dormant thread. Except he was talking about Parks and Rec, not The Office. But I won't tell if you don't.

Jan 27th 2011 edited

I remember way back in the day when I thought any appearance by Ricky Gervais would be awful, utterly the opposite of what the show's about. I don't stand not uncorrected.

I liked the episode just fine otherwise. Kevin's inspirational speech was exactly what I thought it would be: puketastic. Darryl giving Andy life tips was cool. The Jim thing was a decent payoff, but there was a bit much build up to an OK joke. And I'm in apoplexy at Gabe's lameness as a boyfriend, and not in a good way. Michael, Holly and bad Greed imitations? Meh.

Jan 27th 2011

I thought the cold open was perfect.

Jan 27th 2011 edited

The cold open was good, it would have been better if I could understand anything Gervais said and his appearance hadn't been flashed all over the news beforehand. I liked the rest of it except for Kevin's flop sweat and barfing. His Ozzy intro made up for it though.

Jan 27th 2011

I had no idea that Gervais was going to be on the show, and I loved the cold open. But it really gave me a wow-they-really-are-wrapping-everything-up sensation, which I am on the fence about.

I also liked the episode a lot, but if I say there were too many warm fuzzies for too many people, will you know what I mean?

Jan 27th 2011

Jim's friend sure can carry a grudge, but he got a few good shots in at the end. I'm really glad they're bringing back Hamnard.

Jan 28th 2011

And they're doing so in a kind of cool way, I feel like.

Jan 28th 2011

Hamnard!

Also, I thought the episode was ok, but the credited writer of it, Steve Hely, wrote a very funny book called How I Became A Famous Novelist or something like that.

The cold open was very good, I thought.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 45
Top of PageBack to discussions