Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.13 The Seminar
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 45 of 45
Jan 28th 2011

It was okay. I agree that the cold open would've been better had they kept it under wraps. Some funny stuff, and it seemed like everyone got something to do. Except Angela & Meredith. Were they even there? I didn't quite get what the point of Andy's seminar was, although if it was just to have Kevin run around to "Crazy Train", that's enough for me. They still seem to have no idea what to do with Jim anymore.

Hamnard!

Jan 28th 2011

Hamnard!

What I especially like is that, as they have written Erin to be almost mentally challenged, it seems like Gabe and Andy are dueling for the affections of a 12 year old girl who will acquiesce quietly to whatever rules they lay down. Nothing creepy about that!

Jan 28th 2011

That whole Scrabble storyline has been me for the last week at work, except I'm not a ruh-tard. Tiger has beat me three times in a row at Words with Friends, so maybe I am as dumb as Erin. I am not a good loser, you guys. I wish I had a smug gay Latino here at work to help me pulverize Tiger.

Jan 28th 2011

I wish I had a smug gay Latino here at work to help me

Everybody wishes this.

I expected something just a touch funnier in the cold open. I was happy with it, don't get me wrong, but I would have loved a really good laugh moment that I didn't feel was there.

The Jim storyline was dumb, and like B said was too built up for that lame of a payoff.

Kevin was good. Kelly was not. Michael as a Greek guy was okay. Holly's Greek was so good. She's such an amazing actor.

My biggest laugh of the night was from Creed's speech. I thought it was hilarious.

Overall, just a fair episode.

I'm already starting to get nervous about how they're going to exit Michael.

Jan 28th 2011 edited

This was the first episode I've watched since the Halloween one. It was pretty ok.

I thought the Michael Scott/David Brent opening could have been better. Like others have said, it would have been cooler if it was a surprise.

The Jim storyline was dumb, and like B said was too built up for that lame of a payoff.

It's like the writers were saying, "How can we put Jim in yet another awkward situation that doesn't involve his coworkers?"

Remember when Jim was cool?

Jan 28th 2011

What I especially like is that, as they have written Erin to be almost mentally challenged, it seems like Gabe and Andy are dueling for the affections of a 12 year old girl who will acquiesce quietly to whatever rules they lay down. Nothing creepy about that!

This. Hamnard!

Remember when Jim was cool?

Vaguely.

Jan 28th 2011

The Jim storyline was dumb

This has been true since the end of season 4.

I watched the cold open. It was moderately enjoyable. I gave up after that, though.

Jan 28th 2011

Oscar may have talked big at Scrabble, but he can't be all that great if one bad move from Erin lets Gabe swoop in to victory. (Unless Erin's move opened a triple-word score or something similarly monstrous.) When my brother trounces me at Scrabble, it's by such a huge margin that he could spot me two moves and I still wouldn't be able to catch up.

I thought it was a nice touch that David Brent is still looking for a job.

Jan 29th 2011

But the word was "apoplexy" and she would have gotten a bonus for playing all her letters, and there are a lot of high-scoring letters in there--plus who knows what kind of extra points for playing on special spaces. They were at the end of the game, too, and if she played "ape" a lot of points went over to Gabe by default, too. I think they were playing catch-up all game with her, and just missed the opportunity to catch up.

Totally realistic.

Jan 29th 2011

She couldn't even come up with "apple" out of those?

Jan 29th 2011

Or lexpop?

Jan 29th 2011

And ape doesn't have anything to do with cows!

Jan 29th 2011

Know what does? Plop.

Jan 31st 2011 edited

I was away for a long weekend (VEGAS baby) so just caught the episode last night. I disliked a lot about it (Kevin's barfing most notably) but liked the cold open (and was not spoiled beforehand thankfully.) I loved the Scrabble stuff – just because I'm new to Facebook Scrabble and a complete addict. Oh and your move. You know who you are.

Feb 1st 2011

Oh and your move. You know who you are.

I think I know.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 45 of 45
Top of PageBack to discussions