Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.14 The Search
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 41
Jan 29th 2011
  • Season 7 : Episode 14
  • First aired on February 3, 2010

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MICHAEL GOES MISSING AFTER JIM HAS AN EMERGENCY—AMY RYAN (“Gone Baby Gone”) and Linda Purl (“First Monday”) GUEST STAR—When Jim (John Krasinski) gets an emergency phone call from Helene (guest star Linda Purl), he is forced to leave Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) in the bathroom of a gas station. Meanwhile, Holly (guest star Amy Ryan), Erin (Ellie Kemper) and Dwight (Rainn Wilson) set out on a journey to find Michael. Back at the office Pam’s (Jenna Fischer) artwork starts a captioning contest that seems to offend Gabe (Zach Woods). Ed Helms,Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, B.J. Novak and Craig Robinson also star.

Jan 29th 2011

I hate that they decided Pam's mom's name was Helene. It seems to encapsulate so much that went wrong with that character.

Jan 30th 2011

Every time she shows up it seems like Linda Purl is auditioning for another show.

Feb 3rd 2011

This thread is quiet, especially considering the show has already aired/started airing in most of the country.

Feb 3rd 2011

This thread is quiet, especially considering the show has already aired/started airing in most of the country.

Well, I though it was really funny - but I figured I'd be the only one.

Feb 3rd 2011

It wasn't a bad one. Actually, it was pretty well done, now that I think on it. I just can't think of anything to say about it.

Feb 3rd 2011

I enjoyed the "caption" B-plot. Lots of funny lines, and Gabe as ineffective authority figure is funny. Maybe that is the direction they will go in. The "search" A-plot felt forced and contrived to me, like everything Michael/Holly these days, but Dwight and Erin almost saved it. Almost. Still, another funny/forgettable episode in a season full of them.

Feb 3rd 2011

It wasn't a bad one. Actually, it was pretty well done, now that I think on it. I just can't think of anything to say about it.

Yup.

Feb 3rd 2011

It was an enjoyable half hour where nothing of any real consequence happened. Holly and Michael didn't annoy me for the first time this season. Now if anyone can explain to me why Michael took out his wallet and cellphone in Jim's car.....

Feb 4th 2011 edited

If you guys listened really closely to last nights episode, you would have heard some music by a band called Two Hours Traffic. It's the big news this morning. I don't know if anyone actually heard the band, though. But still.

Feb 4th 2011

Took sinus medicine, fell asleep during couples. I am old.

Feb 4th 2011

Creed's picture in the Chinese restaurant was very funny.

I always take my wallet out in a car because it's uncomfortable to sit on.

Feb 4th 2011

I laughed. A lot.

Feb 4th 2011 edited

Okay, George Costanza.

Feb 4th 2011

Why didn't the Chinese restaurant, A. Make Michael call someone to bring money; or B. Call the police? Why didn't Michael look for a pay phone? Why did Gabe care more about them mocking the company than the fact that everyone was playing a game during the workday? Why am I asking why? I liked the Holly/Michael stuff, and I never like the Holly/Michael stuff anymore.

Feb 4th 2011 edited

So does Tiger. He also takes his cell phone out in the car because he hates having to dig in his pocket for it if someone calls.

Why didn't the Chinese restaurant, A. Make Michael call someone to bring money; Why didn't Michael look for a pay phone?

Didn't they answer this when he first tried to make a call from the gas station? He doesn't know anyone's number. No need to replay that same scene at a payphone or at the restaurant. Thanks to my cell phone, I only know my house number and my husband's cell number...and I only know his because it's one number different from my cell phone number. I don't know why they didn't call the cops.

I laughed. A lot.

This. I laughed at Dwight talking to the Asian man and Erin always bashing Holly. I mean, Michael treats her like she's a perfect 40.

Feb 4th 2011

I didn't get to watch it, but my husband did and laughed a lot. He hasn't laughed a lot at an episode in a very long time, so I'm really looking forward to catching it later.

Feb 4th 2011

Why didn't Michael look for a pay phone?

Do those even exist anymore?

Feb 4th 2011

Is John Krasinski shooting something else? Why is he never on the show anymore.?

On another note I really like Gabe. "I use sticky quips when I'm in a fun mood. Not every day."

Feb 4th 2011 edited

I guess I'm just good with phone numbers because I could think of a dozen people I could call off the top of my head if I was in a pinch like that. Still, any restaurant would have called the cops.

This. I laughed at Dwight talking to the Asian man and Erin always bashing Holly. I mean, Michael treats her like she's a perfect 40.

These. And now I'm going to look more closely to see that incongruity between her ears. A 7 and a 4? That's bad.

Do those even exist anymore?

I always ask that when I see one. There's even a phone booth down the road from here. I assume the phone company forgot it exists. Or leaves it up for Superman.

On another note I really like Gabe. "I use sticky quips when I'm in a fun mood. Not every day."

I loved that. I think I'd prefer he just replaced Michael.

Feb 4th 2011

When Erin and Dwight take Holly downtown and they try to get her to tell them where Michael is, the way Erin's stares at Holly as if she were some sort of visual puzzle - that was funny.

Feb 4th 2011

Or leaves it up for Superman.

Our campground has a phone booth by the office from which the phone has been long removed. They replaced it with a Superman logo on the door.

Feb 4th 2011

Is John Krasinski shooting something else? Why is he never on the show anymore.?

I keep reading that he was shooting a movie. I don't know which one. Something in Alaska.

And now I'm going to look more closely to see that incongruity between her ears. A 7 and a 4? That's bad.

I know. Does she have one huge ear and one tiny one? I loved when Dwight came out of one of the places and asked Erin where Holly was and Erin said something like, "That idiot wandered off" and she was just a few steps away. I know that's not exactly what she said, she wasn't as harsh, but that's how I'm remembering it.

Also, Angela's caption was great and then the reveal that it was Angela's was a nice touch.

Feb 4th 2011

Is she in on the same time-consuming movie project Krasinski's doing?

Feb 4th 2011

I keep reading that he was shooting a movie. I don't know which one. Something in Alaska.

Something about whales with Drew Barrymore. How he managed to get out of the shooting schedule when everyone else has to turn down movies if they conflict is an interesting question. If you're Rainn Wilson or Jenna Fischer wouldn't you be just a little pissed?

Feb 4th 2011

Meh. Ed Helms was out for whole episodes back when he was filming The Hangover.

Feb 4th 2011

Something about whales with Drew Barrymore.

Everybody Loves Whales. Ken Kwapis is directing.

Feb 4th 2011

I guess they really ran out of things to do with Jim so it's an easy out for the writers to just send him to film something else. But still I miss him.

I loved that. I think I'd prefer he just replaced Michael.

Gabe as boss would be good.

Feb 4th 2011

Meh. Ed Helms was out for whole episodes back when he was filming The Hangover.

Of course, by that point I hated Andy so I hardly noticed.

Feb 4th 2011

Who keeps casting Krasinski in movies? He's not that good.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 41
Top of PageBack to discussions