Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.14 The Search
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 41 of 41
Feb 4th 2011

That was pretty funny.

I like the name Holly used at the cell phone place. I can't remember what it was now (and I just watched the episode), but I know Michael's was Orville Tootenbacher.

And the Asian guy: "You have no money, but you dined. You dined so much."

Feb 4th 2011

I have decided that Andy was a leading indicator that The Office was running out of steam.

Feb 4th 2011 edited

I enjoyed the "caption" B-plot. Lots of funny lines, and Gabe as ineffective authority figure is funny. Maybe that is the direction they will go in. The "search" A-plot felt forced and contrived to me

I just watched it and have the exact opposite reaction. Although I thought the "caption" subplot was funny, for the first time that I can remember, I felt like I was watching a bunch of actors reciting lines. The ensemble just didn't flow for me. Overall, I liked the episode, though. I did love the end.

By the way, has Hulu always had so many commercials? I thought I remembered them just at the beginning in the past.

Feb 4th 2011

Yes, they've always had them throughout. I was pleased with the episode. The Office isn't blowing anyone's minds anymore, but this episode was the top tier of what they can do at this point, though I agree about the reciting lines comment.

Feb 4th 2011

Hulu used to do a lot of "watch this 90 second commercial first and then enjoy your show without more breaks" that I haven't noticed in a while.

Feb 4th 2011

Yes, that's what I remember. I much prefer that to three commercial breaks while watching the show.

Feb 4th 2011

I think they figured out that it's too easy to click over to another tab while those long breaks were running.

Feb 4th 2011

Hulu's presentation is great, but I find I just never go there looking for shows. I'm not even sure if it's the commercials or not. They seem to have a wide selection, but there's nothing I want to see that I don't already watch on TV.

Feb 4th 2011

I'm on hulu now, and it has started doing the most ridiculous thing in which it's bar on the bottom moves faster than the show streams, so it randomly freezes once it reaches a commercial break that it actually hasn't reached! Ugh!

Feb 7th 2011

Who keeps casting Krasinski in movies? He's not that good.

Yeah. But he's not that bad either.

Feb 10th 2011

Are you fucking kidding?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 41 of 41
Top of PageBack to discussions