Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.15 PDA
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 73
Feb 5th 2011 edited
  • Season 7 : Episode 15
  • First aired on February 10, 2011

Summary courtesy of NBC:

AMY RYAN (guest star and Academy Award nominee) returns as Holly and her relationship with Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carrell) continues to blossom It’s Valentine’s Day in the Office and the public displays of affection between Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) and Holly (guest star and Academy Award nominee Amy Ryan) are making everyone uncomfortable. The aftermath of a bottomless champagne lunch causes complications for Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam (Jenna Fisher). After Gabe (Zach Woods) designs a romantic treasure hunt for Erin (Ellie Kemper), Andy (Ed Helms) tags along. Rainn Wilson, Craig Robinson, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, and B.J. Novak star.

Feb 5th 2011

Apparent you now have to say (guest star and Academy Award nominee) every time you mention Amy Ryan (guest star and Academy Award nominee)...

Feb 6th 2011

I actually think a Valentine's Day episode with Flaxott back together could be good.

Feb 6th 2011

Flaxott

!

Then again, Scox?

Feb 7th 2011

Seems like the Jammers are very excited about this episode:

Hope we can see MORE JAM action! Please revive the magic from 1-6.5 seasons!

Good luck with that.

Feb 7th 2011

Sepinwall tweeted tonight that this episode is "one of the best episodes the show has done in a long long time". When someone replied that was faint praise he said "this was vintage Office good".

Feb 8th 2011

He just said that about the last episode! (Or was it the one before it?)

NBC must be lining his pockets.

Feb 8th 2011

No he didn't, he's been very critical of the show lately.

Feb 8th 2011

I think D may be remembering his promises about Parks & Rec, which were not totally off-base, if a touch exaggerated.

Feb 8th 2011

Yeah, back before Christmas Sepinwall was threatening to drop The Office from his regular rotation because he could barely stand to watch it. Of course that was right after The Christening and Viewing Party which almost had the same effect on me.

Feb 8th 2011

I think D may be remembering his promises about Parks & Rec, which were not totally off-base, if a touch exaggerated.

After watching "The Flu" a couple of times, I found myself agreeing with him. As far as "PDA" goes, I kinda wish I hadn't read that twitter post. These days, I enjoy TO more when I go in with low expectations.

Feb 8th 2011

Oh. Right. I sit corrected.

Feb 9th 2011 edited

I'm trying not to get excited about this episode and failing. I'll be so disappointed if it's a false buildup situation.

Feb 9th 2011

I'm trying not to get excited about this episode and failing. I'll be so disappointed if it's a false buildup situation.

You're heading into dangerous territory, my friend. Tread carefully.

Feb 10th 2011

What does Darryl do at Sabre/Dunder Mifflin now?

Feb 10th 2011

I can't remember laughing at all at a cold open, but I laughed hard at this one.

Feb 10th 2011

I really enjoyed drunk Jim and Pam.

Feb 10th 2011

Four years ago horny drunk Pam would have made my head explode. It's still pretty cool. I very much liked very much about this episode. Solid effort.

Feb 10th 2011

JAM Plowed!! Boom! Face!

Well I think Sepinwall oversold it again but I liked it quite a bit and laughed more than I have at an episode in quite a while. Especially at Kevin getting horny watching Holly & Michael, Gabe Who Should Be The New Boss dealing with the PDA and talking about Andy slamming his girlfriend, the masturbation closet, and Hank getting bleeped.

So Michael & Holly are in love and going to move in together. That's exciting and noteworthy and cool. I guess.

Feb 10th 2011

Drunk Jim & Pam were great, Andy & Erin were cute, and Michael & Holly .... well, two out of three ain't bad. But none were as great as Kevin. Overall, this was a very solid episode. Ryan's final TH was an actual lol moment for me. I would've re-watched this immediately if P&R hadn't been on.

Feb 10th 2011

Andy and Erin make me sad, but the hopeful kind of sad.

Feb 10th 2011

I really liked this. I have yet to catch up on the previous two episodes still, but I'm glad I watched this tonight. I actually really liked Michael and Holly. If it wasn't all laugh-worthy, they made me smile a lot. The "I love you" scene was awesome. I am kind of invested in the idea of a happy ending for Michael and he and Holly going off to Nashua together and living goofily ever after would make me happy. Kevin, drunk JAM and small details like facial expressions (Jim watching the "I love you" scene) all contributed to the win. I missed the cold open, though, so nobody tell me.

Feb 11th 2011 edited

I was going to do some cutting and pasting, but you guys have said it all already.

It was a really really good episode.

Everyone was great. Everyone batted 1.00 on this one I think. Not a weak performance in the ep.

The thing that worked about it was seemingly simple; three solid story lines that all worked.

• Michael and Holly; good balance of awkward, sweet, and funny. Those two are amazing together.

• Andy and Erin; Ed and Erin were fantastic in this one, the writers kept them sane and normal and the chemistry exploded.

• Jim and Pam; Jim looked like he was trying this episode. Maybe because they gave him a good storyline. We've already seen Pam drunk (btw, she was more convincing in The Dundies, but whatever, she still did a good job) and Jim drunk (S3....right?) but seperately, so seeing them together was great.

Those of you with the technical expertise; if you could find/create a screencap of that scene where Jim and Pam reveal that they had had sex in the Office, especially that moment right at the end of the scene where Pam gives that perfect half-smile...that would be nice to see again.

And then, to top it off, the group stuff was meshed in perfectly. Everyone got some screen time. Everyone got some good lines. Kevin, as usual, killed his lines. Kevin as the monkey throwing his feces was hilarious!

Nice to see a really good Office! It would be asking a lot, but it sure would be nice if they could string together a couple sweet eps for Michaels departure.

BIRTHDAY PUNCHES!!!!!! 1,2,3,4...

Feb 11th 2011

I agree with everything you said, Daoust. And I wish Such a Dork was still updating the screencaps, because I'd love to see that Pam half-smile again myself.

Feb 11th 2011 edited

Also, Jim giving Dwight a valentine was great.

Dwight: I will not be your valentine.
Jim: Aw, nuts!

That was funny.

"Can I finish? Can I finish? I was saying, I enjoy watching them, because it makes me horny!"

That is gold.

Feb 11th 2011

And I wish Such a Dork was still updating the screencaps

They quit?

Feb 11th 2011 edited

Those of you with the technical expertise; if you could find/create a screencap of that scene where Jim and Pam reveal that they had had sex in the Office, especially that moment right at the end of the scene where Pam gives that perfect half-smile...that would be nice to see again.

Check the embedded picture thread.

Feb 11th 2011 edited

They quit?

They don't have anything after Season Five.

Check the embedded picture thread.

Dang! Blocked! Did you find it, STT?

Feb 11th 2011

Yes, it's on there.

Feb 11th 2011

Where'd you find it?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 73