Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
"I'm in a band" - Kevin: For Office-Lover-Musicians to Share Music/Experiences
1 to 16 of 16
Feb 7th 2011
Bannage.
Not sure if this thread has already been made. If so, SORRY! I'm new.
Where are our musicians?! I love listening to other people's music. What do you guys got? You show me yours and I'll show you mine... twss... or hs...
Feb 7th 2011
Bannage.
Even if you have relatives that play in bands or anything and you wanna spread their names. Anything?
Feb 7th 2011

Well, everyone else im pretty sure has seen this, but for the sake of discussion, I'll link to my cousin Ryan playing what is without a doubt one of my five favorite songs ever made. It's called "Stone". Two things: The John Legend is only in the title, I expect, to get hits. 2. I would hope him one day to record and release this song, as it amazes me down to this day.

Feb 7th 2011
Bannage.
Geez, your cousin has got SOUL. I envy it very much (I have very little soul in my voice). Just makin' his voice run wherever he wants it to. Thanks for sharing. So good.
Feb 8th 2011 edited

I'm excited this thread is here. Maybe it will motivate me to get to gettin' on my guitar larnin'.

Feb 8th 2011
Bannage.
I never really took lessons myself. I just copied what other people did, then over time developed my own playing style. It's really strange, because I have a lot of friends who can flat out RIP the guitar whether it's blues riffs, metal riffs, pop-punk riffs, or just creative indie riffs. They all say "Chris you're good at guitar" and I never understand that, because I'm NOT good. I just have an interesting "less is more" playing style that any people before me have had.

I guess what I'm saying is, the best way to learn the guitar is to enjoy the hell out of it. Be happy with what your doing with it then what you COULD be doing with it. I think a lot of people really want to hear a guitar do something, but they think that it's been done before. Sometimes, it really hasn't been done before. Sometimes the things that seem so simple to you on guitar are really hard for other people.

ENJOY!
Feb 10th 2011

Oh, crap.

Feb 10th 2011

What do you want, NAS? There's no need to be mean.

If you don't want to hang around here, then don't. Several people told you that we don't think we can deactivate your account. Only you can. By not being active.

Hang out and play with us or move on. No big deal.

Feb 10th 2011

This is too funny.

Feb 10th 2011

Oh, now he's hurt my feelings. Because it's all about me.

Feb 10th 2011

Good lord, master of all that is intelligent! Why do we let 13-year-olds have access to the internet? WHY?

Feb 10th 2011

I know, laundry. You're really showing us now aren't you? (gets a coffee and settles in) I guess that whole bit about you leaving and not coming back was just a bluff, huh?

Feb 10th 2011 edited

Hey Guys!

I'm going over to our alternate NA space (you know the one I mean? The secret one, that ihalm doesn't know about) until ihalm's spazz fizzles out.

Anyone who wants to join me, go there.

Feb 10th 2011

Yep. See you there.

Feb 10th 2011

Shoot, I can't remember the link. Somebody e-mail me, please!

Feb 10th 2011

I have a great idea! Let's all learn instruments, and all start different bands and have music from those bands to share and talk about. That would really be hilarious for Mr. "I go all tora tora tora on NA".

1 to 16 of 16
Top of PageBack to discussions