Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.16 Threat Level Midnight
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 97
Feb 12th 2011 edited
  • Season 7 : Episode 16
  • First aired on February 17, 2011

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MICHAEL DEBUTS HIS FEATURE FILM AND SCREENS IT FOR THE OFFICEAMY RYAN, MELORA HARDIN, RASHIDA JONES, LINDA PURL, DAVID DENMAN, ANDY BUCKLEY return After eleven years of writing, shooting, re-shooting and editing, Michael (Golden Globe Winner Steve Carell) is finally ready to present his long-awaited action movie, "Threat Level Midnight," to his coworkers and love interest Holly (Academy Award Nominee Amy Ryan). But is he ready for their reactions? "Threat Level Midnight" stars Michael Scott as "Agent Michael Scarn," Dwight Schrute as Scarn's butler sidekick, and Jim Halpert as archnemesis "Goldenface," along with many familiar faces from Michael's past. Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Ellie Kemper, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, and B.J. Novak star.

Feb 12th 2011

Dwigt?

Feb 12th 2011

This could be absolutely spectacular. Or awful. But I'm going to lean towards spectacular.

Feb 12th 2011

That's what I'm hoping for, but not expecting.

Feb 12th 2011

I'll watch this one.

Feb 13th 2011

I saw the promo for this last night. I'm not sure what to say.

Feb 13th 2011

Maybe I won't.

Feb 13th 2011

Of all the many different episodes I've seen of this show over the years, this is definitely the next one.

Feb 13th 2011

I can't imagine a world where this episode makes sense.

Feb 13th 2011

What DC said.

Feb 14th 2011

Why don't they get the hot girl back? And the guy that sold him 15 bottles of vodka?

Feb 14th 2011

I can't imagine a world where this episode makes sense.

It's that dangerous ground they keep treading on; bringing back an idea from earlier seasons that has been talked about by the fandom as having promise for comedy. Of course, in theory, turning Michaels script into an actual story is funny, but the actual movie will never be as funny as the one we imagine in our minds, and have since that episode first aired in 200(7?)

Feb 14th 2011

I'll go one step further and say that bringing these old ideas to life like this not only fails to deliver on that long-held, abstract promise but it also ruins the original idea by destroying that fondness. Threat Level Midnight will stop being that funny premise around which they built one of the best conference room scenes. Now it'll be that that really bad idea they had for a movie-within-the-show.

Feb 14th 2011

I never imagined seeing Michael's script as an actual movie as a plotline. It was always just another bit of evidence of Michael's cluelessness for me. A better story would have been him trying to convince folks to be in it and how they avoided it.

Feb 14th 2011

but it also ruins the original idea by destroying that fondness. Threat Level Midnight will stop being that funny premise around which they built one of the best conference room scenes. Now it'll be that that really bad idea they had for a movie-within-the-show.

Bri brings the truth/wisdom/truthsdom.

Feb 14th 2011

Thanks, fellow Mod. Let me buy you a beer at the Mod Lounge. And a lap dance at the Mod Strip Club.

Feb 14th 2011

I hate the Mods now.

Feb 14th 2011

Now?! I've hated them forever.

Uh, hey there Mods. How's it going?

Feb 14th 2011

Careful. My amulet can banish you to the Two and a Half Men LiveJournal page.

Feb 14th 2011

So, you go there a lot?

Feb 14th 2011

Nooo!!!! I tried to make it up to you, Bri, but I don't think you'll like what I found.

mets boobs

Feb 14th 2011

That's not bad. Not safe for work, but not bad.

Feb 14th 2011

I saw 2 dudes kissing and a lot of boobs that said Phillies. Oh, well.

Feb 14th 2011

Also, one is oddly Mr. Met looking over a railing?

Feb 14th 2011 edited

Let me buy you a beer at the Mod Lounge. And a lap dance at the Mod Strip Club.

Sa-weeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Wait. Who's up?

Feb 14th 2011

Just don't go during the day. You can't un-see that.

Feb 14th 2011

I'll go one step further and say that bringing these old ideas to life like this not only fails to deliver on that long-held, abstract promise but it also ruins the original idea by destroying that fondness.

I think you've hit on most of why I don't watch the show anymore. I get this icky feeling every time I see it these days.

Feb 17th 2011

Anyone up watching this this evening?

Feb 17th 2011

Yes, if the NyQuil hasn't kicked in yet. We still have an hour and a half to go, though.

Feb 17th 2011

Yep. I was just sitting here contemplating whether or not I could stay up long enough as well. I might pop in an episode of Battlestar Gallactica if it weren't for the fact that Mr. A is upstairs sound asleep. (sigh) What to do.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 97
Top of PageBack to discussions