Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.19 Training Day
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 39 of 39
Apr 17th 2011

Stanley was the most egregious example.

I thought Darryl took that cake.

Apr 18th 2011

And enough with the "new person doesn't like Jim & Pam" storylines.

So, is this supposed to be a not-so-subtle poke at the JAMmers? Do you think the writers would intentionally write this as a running joke?

Apr 18th 2011

Stanley was the most egregious example.

I thought Darryl took that cake.

But Darryl's been shown as having aspirations. That's what made his behavior somewhat plausible to me. Stanley's never wanted to do anything but run out the clock.

And enough with the "new person doesn't like Jim & Pam" storylines.

So, is this supposed to be a not-so-subtle poke at the JAMmers? Do you think the writers would intentionally write this as a running joke?

Yes, I think it is (Michael introducing them as JAP was another funny thing). And my compliant isn't "I like them and think it's crazy that other people wouldn't". It's that the execution is never quite there, and then they go back to it over and over again, which is lazy as heck.

Apr 18th 2011 edited

It's that the execution is never quite there, and then they go back to it over and over again, which is lazy as heck.

I know Mindy Kaling loves knocking them down a peg or two, but it just seems like they don't think it through very carefully and just give them some flaw they find funny, but doesn't really fit the characters. Also, it would work better if they gave them other stories other than "aren't they as ridiculous as their coworkers?". This especially true of Jim.

Apr 19th 2011

Is that podcast (pop culture happy hour) not available via iTunes? I couldn't find it there.

Apr 19th 2011

It is. It starts with NPR in the title; maybe that is throwing off your search if you're in the iTunes store. But I subscribed to it via the link on this page:

http://www.npr.org/templates/archives/archive.php?thingId=129472378

There's a section for RSS feeds partway down the page on the right side. Click on the icon for either the iPod or the RSS feed depending on how you want it delivered.

Apr 20th 2011

It is.

That's where I found it. It's under the NPR umbrella, as Karen said.

Apr 20th 2011

I found it. On my phone's iTune store it's under NPR: Culturetopia Podcasts. Once I clicked on that, the Pop Culture Happy Hour ones popped up. Thanks!

Apr 20th 2011

Right. I should have mentioned Culturetopia.

Enjoy! Listen to the back episodes too, lem. There was a pretty good one a few weeks back about essential culture from well, our youth, that we feel must be shown to our children. They went through a bunch of really cool stuff, much of which I wasn't familiar with, that they felt every parent should share with their kids. It's a good time.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 39 of 39
Top of PageBack to discussions