Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.20 Michael's Last Dundies
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 56
Apr 16th 2011
  • Season 7 : Episode 20
  • First aired on April 21, 2011

Summary courtesy of NBC:

“MICHAEL'S LAST DUNDIES” MICHAEL PASSES THE BATON TO DEANGELO FOR HIS FIRST OFFICIAL TASK-- HOSTING THE DUNDIE AWARDS. —WILL FERRELL GUEST STARS—Michael (Golden Globe Winner Steve Carell) trains Deangeleo (guest star Will Ferrell) to take over the job of hosting the Dundie Awards. Erin (Ellie Kemper) struggles with her dislike of her boyfriend, Gabe (Zach Woods). Rainn Wilson, Jenna Fischer, John Krasinski, Craig Robinson, B.J. Novak, Mindy Kaling, Paul Lieberstein, Oscar Nunez, Brian Baumgartner, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Leslie David Baker, Kate Flannery and Creed Bratton also star.

Apr 16th 2011

And the last domino falls.

Apr 16th 2011

Erin (Ellie Kemper) struggles with her dislike of her boyfriend, Gabe (Zach Woods).

Oh, Hamnard. When will the stars align for the best love triangle in the history of the universe?

Apr 16th 2011

I've come around to see the beauty of Hamnard as you do. After two full seasons of their delicate dance I hope they can finally be....no, I can't do it. It still is the worst.

Apr 17th 2011

Aw, come on. Who doesn't love a lttle May-December romance?

Apr 17th 2011

no, I can't do it. It still is the worst.

This.

Still, I cannot help but be excited about another Dundees episode, because of nostalgia. The original was the first real glimmer of hope for Jam, and it will always give me warm, fuzzy feelings.

Here's to second drinks!

Apr 17th 2011

Much like Pam's mom, I predict this will be a bit of the show's better days better left in the past.

Apr 17th 2011

I hope they have put more thought into this episode than they did with the Todd Packer story.

Apr 17th 2011

If they have it at Chili's with the same manager and he tells Pam she's not allowed in the establishment, it will all be worth it.

Apr 17th 2011

I actually am excited for this... if only because I think the Erin dundie reaction will be terrific.

Apr 17th 2011

They've already proven a couple different times this season that lightning doesn't strike twice. It didn't with Packer or Michael Scarn, and I'm pretty sure it won't with the Dundies 2.0.

Apr 17th 2011

or Michael Scarn

This was the one I had in mind but couldn't think of. Let past glories lie. We'd have a better chance of getting together and staging a community theater version of the original Dundies episode than of this being a good walk down mammary lane.

Apr 17th 2011

We'd have a better chance of getting together and staging a community theater version of the original Dundies episode

Let's do it!

Apr 17th 2011

I will play the part of drunk Pam.

Apr 17th 2011

I will play the offended Asian woman in the background of the Ping skit.

Apr 17th 2011 edited

I will play the lead jackass who heckles Michael. Or Michael.

Apr 17th 2011

I'll play Roy and leave two minutes after it starts.

Apr 17th 2011

I'll play James Gunn, and knock Keds with Jenna Fischer after the show.

Apr 17th 2011

I will play Phyllis so I can receive an off color labeled Dundie.

Apr 18th 2011 edited

I'll play Angela, so I can drive Pam home and take advantage of her while drunk.

Scrolls up, sees that CZJ offered to play Pam, and smirks. "Niiiiice".

Apr 18th 2011

I'll play Kelly, so I can receive the "Spicy Curry" award.

"Spicy Curry? What does that even mean?"

Apr 18th 2011

Not everything means something.

Apr 18th 2011

I'll play Ryan so Michael can sexually harrass me....and so I can hold up cue cards when Michael raps.

Apr 18th 2011 edited

I always said that lemoñadé was the sexiest on NA and a lot of us can't help ourselves from checking her out.

smacks her on the ass

Apr 18th 2011

What's lem going to do with her Dundie? That's the least of her concerns right now.

Apr 18th 2011

Ah, Ryan. You used to be so great.....

Apr 18th 2011

Tell him that again 10 years from now.

Apr 21st 2011

I really enjoyed the first 2/3rds, I thought there was a lot of funny stuff, like Michael thinking Larry King was dead (I hate Larry King so I really got a kick out of it) and Michael's impression of Phyllis. The last part going back to the office with the song, I get what they're trying to do but it doesn't work for me. I can see that they've started to like Michael more in the last couple years, but I can't seeing them going to that effort. But mostly it seemed like Mindy Kaling going, "OMG! It would be sooooo fun if everybody sang! Let's figure out a way to have everybody sing! Yay!"

Apr 21st 2011

The last part going back to the office with the song, I get what they're trying to do but it doesn't work for me.

Yeah, I was cringing during that. I get that they would do something special for Michael, but that was over the top. If it had only been Andy singing, it would've made more sense. Definitely felt more like the cast paying tribute to Steve than the office paying tribute to Michael. Which makes sense, since it seemed like Jenna Fischer showed up for the Dundies instead of Pam.

There was a lot more funny stuff than last week, so that was good. I especially liked Pam's back & forth with Ryan about the breadsticks.

Hamnard!

Apr 21st 2011

Best dad going to Jim and Best mom going to Meredith...genius. Iliked the song and the reminders of the past. This is going to hurt like a mother fudger.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 56
Top of PageBack to discussions