Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.24 Search Committee
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 79
May 14th 2011
  • Season 7 : Episode 24
  • First aired on May 19, 2011

Summary courtesy of NBC:

"SEARCH COMMITTEE" -- THE SEARCH BEGINS FOR A NEW MANAGER - JIM CAREY, WILL ARNETT, RICKY GERVAIS, CATHERINE TATE, JAMES SPADER, RAY ROMANO, AND KATHY BATES GUEST STAR. Jim (John Krasinski) heads a search committee that interviews candidates, including Andy (Ed Helms) and Darryl (Craig Robinson). Dwight (Rainn Wilson) tries to get back in the race. Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak, Mindy Kaling, Paul Lieberstein, Oscar Nunez, Brian Baumgartner, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Leslie David Baker, Kate Flannery, Creed Bratton, Ellie Kemper and Zach Woods also star.

May 14th 2011

I heard they tried to get the kitchen sink to interview for the job, but just couldn't make it happen.

May 14th 2011

Pam has an old broken vacuum cleaner that might be interested in the job.

May 15th 2011

What? No Charlie Sheen?

May 16th 2011

What? No Andy Dick?

May 17th 2011

What? No Ted McGinley?

May 18th 2011

This is going to be freaking awful. I actually kind of liked the last one, but isn't this exactly the kind of thing that Daniels used to say they were trying to avoid? I guess Cathy Bates started that train rolling, but holy shit. This is like self-parody.

May 18th 2011

I hope the show takes advantage of Jim Carrey's funny faces and voices. Not.

May 18th 2011

I hope the show takes advantage of Jim Carrey's funny faces and voices. Not.

I liked him in Eternal Sunshine, but I swear, if he starts his face schtick on TO, I'm turning it off. I have standards.

May 18th 2011

This is like self-parody.

Maybe that's the joke. Nah, I guess not. It was a nice thought, though.

May 19th 2011

NEW OFFICE TONIGHT!

SEASON FINALE! I can't believe that some of us have been together for five or six of these now. They just get sweeter and better with time!

Ray Romano is going to just kill it tonight, I know it! And that new girl, the one who's been on the show for a couple episodes now? I just know she's going to say something funny tonight. She so due, man.

Season finale! Yes! My tear ducts are going to get a workout tonight!

May 19th 2011

Wrong thread.

May 19th 2011

I wonder if they'll bring Michael back, for old time's sake. Maybe he could hook up with Pam. That would be a cool storyline to explore next season, with Jim finding out, Pam cheating on Michael with Kevin, and Angela getting hit by Michael's car but instead of catching rabies she just dies right there, and Michael feels guilty but the whole staff rallies around him to convince him that he's not such a bad guy and is really the best boss ever, except for killing Angela. And stealing Jim's wife. And the meth habit he picked up in Colorado that made him sell Holly to a Mexican drug cartel so they wouldn't chop his feet off as a warning to anyone else who didn't pay up. Oh, and Creed could have a funny one-liner talking head. I love those.

May 19th 2011

I hope Oscar will be featured in some sort of gay joke, or maybe a hispanic joke.

I know, I know...I'm pushing the envelope here. But a guy can dream.

May 19th 2011

There are actually some clips of this episode on Youtube already. I haven't watched any of them. Pretty sure it would be the exact opposite of "delayed gratification".

May 19th 2011

Give me a break.

May 19th 2011

I didn't hate it. And now Gabe is gone so we can stop worrying about him. I loved Creed tonight.

May 19th 2011

That was better than I thought it would be. I didn't find the guest stars that annoying, and even thought the way they paid off the Jim Carrey/Finger Lakes thing was clever. Angela ripping on Pam & Jim's wedding was funny. The ending discussion between everyone seemed very "meta" to me. Almost as if they were talking about the show. I don't know.

This episode kind of summed up Season 7 for me: Not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

May 19th 2011

This show has committed the biggest sin of all. It's become boring.

May 19th 2011

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the James Spader character. I just can't believe they're doing a cliffhanger about who's going to be the boss. That seems silly. I thought the episode was ok. Dwight was very good. But as much as it pains me to say this . . . I just don't know about Hamnard.

May 19th 2011

Come over to the dark side, gb. The hate for Hamnard is strong in you. There were some laughs in this episode, but I'm a bit disturbed that a year after Steve Carell announced he was leaving, they still don't have a good idea of what they are going to do to replace him.

May 20th 2011

I think that's because it's not a good idea to try to replace him.

May 20th 2011

Ricky Gervais chimes in on the finale:

Watching The Office finale may remind some of the Chris Martin episode of Extras.

"It's only Warren Buffett........ What are you doing in a paper merchant's in Scranton? It's mental."

If you're going to jump a shark, jump a big one.

Still we've a had a good innings. Ha ha.

I assume most people know I didn't do the US remake for the art. I did my version for the art. That's why I stopped it after a few hours of telly.

Don't get me wrong. I'm very proud of the US version. It was not only a very very good network comedy but it was also a massive success story. But you know, I did it for different reasons, ambitions and with slightly different emotional attachments to the project.

And once and for all... I would never ever in a million years take a permanent role in the show as an actor. It really would be fucking mental. You don't start a company to work on reception.

Can't wait to start work on the Chinese version. Bill Gates is in that one.

May 20th 2011

I kind of enjoyed this episode. The boss search was really interesting because it really is going to have an impact on the future of this show. As the workers were trying to decide who they wanted for a boss, I'm thinking and reasoning right along with them.

I liked Pam keeping Creed busy so he wouldn't destroy the company.

The guest stars were distracting to me. Why is Ray Romano interviewing for that job? I'm sorry, but he's Ray Romano...not whatever character he's supposed to be. Characters on The Office are supposed to be real people, and so someone should have recognized Ray Romano (or Will Ferrell, for that matter). I'm serious about this. It creates a disconnect for me.

When Creed asked his assistant to figure out what language this is...the look the girl gave to the camera was vintage Office. She might fit in here.

May 20th 2011

Was there supposed to be some joke about Carrey talking about the Finger Lakes? As a Finger Lakes native I was thrilled, but didn't notice anything humurous about it. I may have missed the funny.

May 20th 2011

He talked funny. Do you talk that same way?

May 20th 2011

Everbuddy funny. Now you funny too.

May 20th 2011

Spader was the best guest.

That episode would have been eleventy billion times funnier if they could have miraculously kept the guest stars under wraps. It would have been funnier to be surprised by Warren Buffet or Jim Carrey. And given the crappy dialogue they had to spit out, the surprise would have maybe possibly saved the cameos.

Dwight was the star of this episode. His interview of himself was the highlight of the whole 42 minutes, which, I believe was about 21 minutes longer than this show needed to be. But still. Dwight rocked it. Jim was a close second. He did a great job.

I'm glad they wrapped up the Phyllis/Erin thing this season. That would have been annoying to drag out.

May 20th 2011

When did Darryl lose his brain, by the way?

May 20th 2011 edited

When the writers told him that it'd be funnier. (They were wrong)

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 79
Top of PageBack to discussions