Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Here Toosie, is that better?
1 to 26 of 26
Jul 23rd 2011 edited

Jul 23rd 2011

sugarfree must be about...11. She's got two periods.

Jul 23rd 2011

Niiiice.

Jul 24th 2011

Man, I wish my name was Sugarfree Freeman.

Jul 27th 2011

I'll post here. I'm not scared. Plus, there's no "Danced with an Old Dude" thread. So why the F not here?

Last night I went up to my friends' music venue to sell tickets. It seems the people that used to help them now "have lives." Their words (the people that used to help, not the people that own the place), not mine.

So I was doing pretty good, except when I tried to charge for 2 children, who were supposed to get in free, and I think a lady stole a water bottle, but she might have been with the band, and I sold some crackers for $1 instead of $.50. But those people had some kids with popcorn that made a huge mess, so the universe works itself out, I guess.

Then the square dance caller asked me if I'd dance with him. I gave him 3 or 4 excuses and I thought I was in the clear. I really was the only one at the counter then, and I really didn't know the dance. But then, about 4 songs later, he asked again and I pretty much was obligated. "A" was back at the counter then and told me to go on. I told them I really didn't know the dance, so he showed me the steps and we went up to the dance floor.

It wasn't a hard dance. You stand the regular dancing way, then take two steps "forward" (to my right and his left), then one step back. It wasn't difficult, but I still messed up a lot. I told "A" that he was probably sorry he asked me, but she said he's taught a lot of people and that it was ok to mess up.

There's also a man whose wife died last month and has been trying to get out of the house and spend time with people every day. He wasn't doing too good last week, but he said last night that he danced 7 dances and had a great time. He and his wife used to come all the time, I guess before she got sick, and he knew a lot of the people, and it was just really good to see him in such an improved state from last week. His grandson and I graduated together, so he's probably my granddad's age. I guess it's easy to feel concerned for him, since I'm so close to my own granddaddy.

Jul 27th 2011

then take two steps "forward" (to my right and his left), then one step back.

You know, they say that opposites attract.

Jul 27th 2011

gbone beat me to it.

Jul 27th 2011

That's awesome, Toos. I hope I have a reason to go out after Mr. A and I are separated.

Jul 27th 2011

Do you know what? That sounds like we're getting divorced. We're not. I'm talking about when one of us dies.

Jul 27th 2011

So Mr. A is dying? How is that better than getting divorced?

Jul 27th 2011

It's a cleaner break, I guess.

Jul 27th 2011

Well, yes, it's true that Mr. A is dying. Did you know that you are also dying, Jinx? And so is DftF. And myself. Only JCVD is immune.

Jul 27th 2011

Attagirl.

Jul 27th 2011

I'm currently working on a means of immortality.

Jul 27th 2011

Immortality is overrated.

Sounds like a positive evening, Toosie. You tried something new and did a good deed.

Jul 27th 2011

You stand the regular dancing way

I'm gonna need a diagram.

Jul 27th 2011

I was thinking like this.

Jul 27th 2011 edited

Like this.

That's how I stand every day.

Jul 27th 2011

Hey, so I'm kind of an idiot. I think it's kinda hard to click that little dot. Can we give this thread a longer name? Maybe just "Period." Like all spelled out? Maybe in ALL CAPS? Maybe just a bunch of capital Ms? You know, big letters.

(I'm not slow, though. It's not impossible for me to click the dot. I'm able to come in here often enough. I just thought it might make it easier for others. The elders at our watercooler.)

Jul 27th 2011

I was getting very irritated with the dot. I almost didn't click on it to come in here and see your post about how irritating it is to find it to click on it.

Jul 27th 2011

Just DOT would be good. Capital O is a nice big shape that'd be easy to click.

Jul 27th 2011

Or we could ignore this thread since there are plenty of other threads that have easy to click titles. Let's not give that spammer any satisfaction that he started a thread we will actually use.

Jul 27th 2011

That's my feeling.

Jul 27th 2011

Better! Thanky!

1 to 26 of 26
Top of PageBack to discussions