Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
8.01 The List
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 81
Sep 17th 2011
  • Season 8 : Episode 1
  • First aired on September 22, 2011

Summary courtesy of NBC:

THE NEW REGIONAL MANAGER OF DUNDER MIFFLIN IS REVEALED AND FACES A CRISIS--TWO-TIME EMMY WINNER JAMES SPADER JOINS THE CAST-- The Dunder Mifflin staff accidentally discovers a list of their names in the notebook of the company's mysterious new CEO, Robert California (two-time Emmy winner James Spader), triggering a frenzy of speculation. Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, Ed Helms, B.J. Novak, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Angela Kinsey, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Paul Lieberstein, Mindy Kaling, Creed Bratton, Craig Robinson, Ellie Kemper and Zach Woods also star.

Sep 17th 2011

This is going to be epic.

Sep 17th 2011

Couldn't the list be to, I don't know, remember all of their names? There are, like, 20 people in that office. The new guy might need a little help.

Sep 17th 2011

I'm just happy to see the thread at the top of the page.

Sep 17th 2011

This is going to be epic.

Wrong thread.

In related news, it was pretty weird to see this:

Season 8 :

I can't believe it's been that long.

Sep 17th 2011

TWSS

Sep 17th 2011

It just dawned on me that I've been pointedly not watching the show for longer than I watched it religiously.

Sep 17th 2011

Couldn't the list be to, I don't know, remember all of their names?

If I had to guess, some will be on the list and some won't. And comedy will ensue.

Hopefully.

Sep 18th 2011

Hopefully.

It's all we've got.

Sep 18th 2011

I hope it triggers a frenzy of speculation more frenetic than this one.

Sep 18th 2011

HAMNARD IS BACK!!! (I hope).

Sep 18th 2011

You are a terrible human being.

Sep 18th 2011

I KNOW!

Sep 19th 2011

Maybe I'm just holding on to old, outdated feelings, but something about the start of a new season of the Office always puts me in a good mood. Not that I care much about the show, but, I don't know, maybe it'll bring some of the regulars back. Although, to be fair, I would say this place does pretty well in the off-season, too.

Sep 19th 2011

Pam is huge

Think red sweater. Think red sweater

Sep 19th 2011

How has she not had the baby yet? That was filmed in early August I think.

Sep 20th 2011

Can I add how awesome it is that it's clear that she's for-real pregnant in that promo as opposed to pretty fake-for-television pregnant? She's still gorgeous.

Sep 20th 2011

You know, it's a myth that women have to gain more than nine pounds in a pregnancy. Look at these actresses. Some of them lose weight.

Sep 20th 2011

She's still gorgeous.

For someone who has completely let themself go.

Sep 21st 2011

Some of them lose weight.

My wife is not an actress, and she lost weight during her at least one of her pregnancies. Because of sickness.

Sep 21st 2011

I lost weight during both of my pregnancies, because that's how the metabolism kicks it in my family during childbearing. My Mom lost weight with all four of her pregnancies and so did my grandmother with her five.

Unfortunately, also inherited with that is a propensity to get stretch marks if the wind blows the wrong way. So...win-lose.

I only meant how high she was carrying in that photo and that she looks puffy, which happens with hormones too, not necessarily fatness.

Sep 21st 2011

I only meant how high she was carrying in that photo and that she looks puffy, which happens with hormones too, not necessarily fatness.

I think she mentioned in an interview that she started to get puffy really quickly which made it harder to hide back in spring. The contrast between "pregnant" Pam and Jenna points out how lame most fake Hollywood pregnancies are. There was a pregnancy storyline on Rescue Me this season where you could almost see the seam on the pillow the actress had strapped to her belly.

Sep 21st 2011

Well, that's your fault for still watching Rescue Me.

Sep 21st 2011

griefbone for the win.

Sep 21st 2011

Yeah, I figured I had stuck around for so long with it that I had to watch the last season. I was wrong.

Sep 21st 2011

Yeah, I figured I had stuck around for so long with it that I had to watch the last season. I was wrong.

That's the way I felt, too. I watched it out of loyalty. I couldn't even get through the series finale--I turned it off. It was the worst.

Sep 21st 2011

I was so disappointed by the finale. I expected emotion and tears and got slapstick and stupidity. I expected more since they made such a huge deal about ending the series on the 10th anniversary. The only thing I liked was SPOILER when Tommy drove off at the very end with Lou in the truck. If I remember, that was exactly how the series started, only it was Jimmy that "visited." Other than that, less-than-meh.

Sep 21st 2011

I would have preferred more slapstick and stupidity since I had long ago lost interest in the ridiculous relationship melodrama. That was a four season show in a seven season run. Wait a second......

Sep 22nd 2011

Are you guys talking about The Office?

Sep 22nd 2011 edited

I couldn't figure that out either.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 81
Top of PageBack to discussions