Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
8.02 The Incentive
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 41
Sep 24th 2011
  • Season 8 : Episode 2
  • First aired on September 29, 2011

Summary courtesy of NBC:

ROBERT CHALLENGES THE SCRANTON BRANCH TO DOUBLE SALES-- After a rousing motivational speech, Robert California (James Spader) challenges the office to double their sales. After the new manager promises the unthinkable, everyone in the office suddenly gets motivated to sell. Meanwhile, Pam (Jenna Fischer) finds an unlikely pregnancy friend. Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Ed Helms, B.J. Novak, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Angela Kinsey, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Paul Lieberstein, Mindy Kaling, Creed Bratton, Craig Robinson, Ellie Kemper and Zach Woods also star.

Sep 25th 2011

Andy promises to triple the sales. And Pam and Angela are both having babies, so they bond over food, nausea, and having to pee every ten minutes.

Right?

Sep 26th 2011

And Pam and Angela are both having babies

Yes, this isn't that unlikely. They have had their moments of not being hostile over the years. Mostly when Pam was being helpful regarding Bobblehead Joe.

Sep 26th 2011

Something tells me Angela and Pam don't become baby buddies.

Sep 29th 2011

Since there is hardly ever an episode any more in which Andy's genitalia are not mentioned, perhaps he and Pam bond over the fact that her new baby will have male genitalia.

Sep 29th 2011

My biggest question is whether this thread will have over one page of comments.

Sep 29th 2011

That

Sep 29th 2011

is

Sep 29th 2011

likely

Sep 29th 2011

to

Sep 29th 2011

happen,

Sep 29th 2011

Saboteur! I'm going to kill you for real.

Sep 29th 2011

Were you saying saboteur or sandwich?

Sep 29th 2011

Why does Daoust suddenly look like Douche to me?

Sep 29th 2011

Suddenly?

Boom! Doucheroasted!

Sep 29th 2011

I got nothing.

Sep 29th 2011 edited

Really ,nothing? I like the ensemble feel a lot. And this had its moment or two.

I do really like the way they're using Spader. And this line made the entire episode worth it to me re Hamnard: "I've already lost interest." Exactly, Bobbie Brokestate.

Sep 29th 2011

It felt like eight stories going at once and none of them went anywhere. What was the point of Darryl's wife? It wasn't objectively awful like The Christening or Scott's Tots, but just a bunch of empty calories.

Sep 30th 2011

Still less than 1 page.

Sep 30th 2011

It was pretty unremarkable. The whole night of TV, really.

Sep 30th 2011

Wait, this already aired? I seriously thought this was coming up, and you guys were talking about a promo or something. It's already Friday? Jeeze.

Sep 30th 2011

My wife was watching the first half last night for the first time in a while, and it was embarrassingly bad. Kevin's talking style and Darryl's ex-wife had my wife looking at me like "what the hell was that?"

The show did get better in the second half. After she went to bed. I don't think she'll be watching it any more.

Sep 30th 2011

My husband is pretty much the same way. Sometimes it's almost embarrassing to watch it with him, since I was the one that got him into the show in the first place. I get that look a lot now, too, Jinx.

Sep 30th 2011

That's OK...she watches the Real Housewives series, so she don't have crap on me.

Sep 30th 2011

Mine watches Two and a Half Men, so...yeah.

Sep 30th 2011

It was pretty unremarkable. The whole night of TV, really.

Exceot for Whitney, yep.

Sep 30th 2011

My wife was watching the first half last night for the first time in a while, and it was embarrassingly bad.

This

The show did get better in the second half.

And this. It seems like they've decided to keep writing Michael Scott stories, and just substitute Andy. Although Andy isn't Michael. Michael wouldn't have gotten that tattoo.

Sep 30th 2011

I really thought it was going to be a Cornell tattoo. Who wouldn't want that on their ass?

Sep 30th 2011

Exceot for Whitney, yep.

Whitney is everything that is wrong with Earth.

Sep 30th 2011

Cornell

Never heard of it.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 41
Top of PageBack to discussions