Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
8.07 Pam's Replacement
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 58
Nov 5th 2011
  • Season 8 : Episode 7
  • First aired on November 10, 2011

Summary courtesy of NBC:

PAM TRAINS A TEMP TO TAKE HER PLACE WHILE SHE IS ON MATERNITY LEAVE-- Pregnant Pam (Jenna Fischer) recruits Dwight (Rainn Wilson) to prove that Jim (John Krasinski) finds the office’s pretty new temp (guest star Lindsey Broad) attractive. Meanwhile, Robert California (two-time Emmy Award winner James Spader) shocks Andy (Ed Helms), Darryl (Craig Robinson), and Kevin (Brian Baumgartner) when he asks to join their band. B.J. Novak, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Angela Kinsey, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Paul Lieberstein, Mindy Kaling, Creed Bratton also star.

Nov 6th 2011

First!

That's my only thought seeing this new thread.

Nov 7th 2011

As discussed after last week, I enjoy Pam/Dwight interaction. There is potential to either remind me why I ever watched this show or demonstrate how they can't recreate that humor anymore. The band thing, uh, who knows.

Nov 7th 2011 edited

The part about Pam trying to figure out if Jim thinks her replacement is pretty is quite sitcom-y.

Nov 7th 2011

I thought the Jim can't accept that Pam believes in ghosts was sitcommy. Or wait, maybe that was just unfunny. Either way.

Nov 7th 2011

Either way.

I think... both.

Nov 7th 2011

The part about Pam trying to figure out if Jim thinks her replacement is pretty is quite sitcom-y.

This was my reaction as well. I think Pam should get Chrissy to pretend to be Jack's girlfriend to try and trick Mr. Furley into thinking Larry from upstairs is really Janet's brother. Think of the laughs they'll have over spaghetti at Jack's Bistro with Mr. Angelino.

Nov 7th 2011

You know way too much about Three's Company.

Nov 7th 2011

Thats what my friends, the Ropers, used to tell me.

Nov 7th 2011

I wonder how long they can wait to add the laugh track. Just think how much more we could laugh if we knew when we were supposed to laugh.

Nov 7th 2011

I'm thrown off by the lack of camera angles and closed-in set. They should add two cameras and remove one of the office walls so they could always shoot the action from that side.

Nov 7th 2011

Now that I think about it, a live studio audience might be just what this show needs.

Nov 7th 2011 edited

Fuck it, shoot it live and in black-and-white. See if Art Carney is available. Let's reinvent this. I don't know why Ben Silverman found this job so hard. We're awesome at it.

Nov 7th 2011

I wish we had a facebook "like" button. 'Cause I would, that.

Nov 7th 2011

Fuck it, shoot it live and in black-and-white. See if Art Carney is available. Let's reinvent this. I don't know why Ben Silverman found this job so hard. We're awesome at it.

And they could shoot live cigarette commercials with Krasinski puffing away on his favorite brand: Chesterfields.

Nov 7th 2011

I will watch this if Jim is given the lines, "What is it you want, Pam? What do you want? You want the moon?"

And they can stunt cast Betty White.

Nov 7th 2011

Just noticed there is going to be more of Andy, Kevin and Darryl singing in this episode. I know I was missing that part of the show

Nov 7th 2011

The Office! The Musical!

Nov 7th 2011

Just noticed there is going to be more of Andy, Kevin and Darryl singing in this episode. I know I was missing that part of the show

Fingers crossed that it's show tunes!

Nov 7th 2011 edited

redacted because of bad

Nov 7th 2011

I'm really hoping Erin will catch them practicing and gaze adoringly at Andy without him knowing it.

Nov 7th 2011

It wasn't bad, TTP! Put it back!

Nov 7th 2011 edited

It wasn't bad, TTP! Put it back!

Yeah, you're doing fine, TakeTheParrot
TakeTheParrot .... okay!

Nov 8th 2011

Nah, it was dumb. Also, apparently so am I. I don't get the reference, STT.

Nov 8th 2011

I thought you used the lyrics to "Oklahoma!" in your post. Maybe you didn't.

Nov 8th 2011

Aaaaand, I'm an idiot. Can I blame it on caffeine deficiency?

Nov 10th 2011

Sepinwall analyzes the season to date and pretty much nails it.

Yes he does. I had noticed that he didn't even bother to review the last couple of episodes.

Nov 10th 2011

Not much to disagree with in his review. I still blame Lieberstein.

Nov 10th 2011 edited

Sad, but true. (Megadeth)

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 58
Top of PageBack to discussions