Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
8.08 Gettysburg
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 98
Nov 12th 2011
  • Season 8 : Episode 8
  • First aired on November 17, 2011

Summary courtesy of NBC:

ANDY TAKES THE OFFICE ON AN INSPIRING FIELD TRIP TO GETTYSBURG— LINDSAY BROAD GUEST STARS-- Andy (Ed Helms) decides to motivate and inspire everyone by taking them on a field trip to Gettysburg. Some people in the office stay behind and Robert California (two-time Emmy Award winner James Spader) asks them to come up with Dunder Mifflin/Sabre’s next big idea. Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak, Zach Woods, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Angela Kinsey, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Creed Bratton, Craig Robinson and Ellie Kemper also star.

Nov 12th 2011

Four score, give or take, and several months ago,
Greg Daniels set forth upon this continent a new TV show
Based on an pre-existing TV show, Conceived in awkward comedy and dedicated to the proposition that a new spin on a successful premise could be created equal(ly funny).
Now we are met here, mid-season, learning whether such a show, having utterly exhausted its potential and fans' patience can long endure.

In other words, I need to see this episode like I need a hole in my head.

Nov 12th 2011

loads musket

Nov 13th 2011

I am truly fascinated how they are going to recreate Gettysburg in Southern California.

Nov 13th 2011

Four score, give or take, and several months ago, Greg Daniels set forth upon this continent a new TV show Based on an pre-existing TV show, Conceived in awkward comedy and dedicated to the proposition that a new spin on a successful premise could be created equal(ly funny). Now we are met here, mid-season, learning whether such a show, having utterly exhausted its potential and fans' patience can long endure.

Pudding ...

Nov 13th 2011

The task remaining before us, getting through this season, may require our last full measure of devotion.

Nov 13th 2011

Dude I've sat through koi ponds and driving into the river, but this is more than one woman should be asked to endure.

Nov 13th 2011

I've made the drive from Scranton right past Gettysburg. It's a bleak, interminable trek up and down endless ridges, a worse run than trips twice as far. They'll probably make it out to be a lunchtime jaunt.

Nov 13th 2011

I've made that drive myself and was wondering about that too.

Nov 13th 2011

but this is more than one woman should be asked to endure.

There is no reward in The Office as yet. Its hazards are hostile to us all. Its conquest deserves the best of all mankind, and its opportunity for peaceful cooperation many never come again. But why, some say, The Office? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?

We choose to watch The Office. We choose to watch The Office in Season 8 and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

Nov 14th 2011

But, with Michael gone, who is going to make the slavery jokes directed at Darryl and Stanley?

Nov 14th 2011

But, with Michael gone, who is going to make the slavery jokes directed at Darryl and Stanley?

Leave it to the bone to get at the heart of the matter. The idea of going to Gettysbug is ridiculous by itself, but at least back in the day we knew it could have been saved some good old fashioned racist comedy, or the hope of maybe catching a glimpse of Jim four-scoring Pam underneath her Gettysburg dress. Now we don't even have that to look forward to. Now we have sight gags to look forward to, like Kevin dressed up as a Confederate soldier, or all the cast dressed up and somehow being allowed to participate in a reinactment of a battle or something.

Nevertheless, I still hold out hope that they'll at least do one or two things right.

Nov 14th 2011

or all the cast dressed up and somehow being allowed to participate in a reinactment of a battle or something.

With singing!

Nov 14th 2011

Was it Season 5 or Season 6 that Sherwood Schwartz took over as showrunner?

Nov 14th 2011

like Kevin dressed up as a Confederate soldier, or all the cast dressed up and somehow being allowed to participate in a reinactment of a battle or something.

It's like you can see into the future.

Jim four-scoring Pam underneath her Gettysburg dress

Nice. Hopefully her boobs will be emancipated from that dress.

Nov 14th 2011

I think Jim is more interested in her Underground Railroad.

Nov 14th 2011

Jim says his South will rise again.

Nov 14th 2011

Not after his Sherman marches from Atlanta to the sea.

Nov 14th 2011

nice work, fellas.

Hey guys. Maybe we've got this all wrong.

Maybe this whole episode is a nod to us, at Northern Attack! We've talked about civil war stuff here forever. We're named after a famous quote by Lincoln! I think it's pretty obvious that this is a thank you directed right at us. Let's wait and see if there isn't a bit part for a Canadian tourist visiting the site named Daoust. Only then will we know for sure. But if I were a betting man, I think this is what is going on.

Nov 14th 2011

Let's wait and see if there isn't a bit part for a Canadian tourist visiting the site named Daoust.

That would blow my mind.

Nov 14th 2011

. But if I were a betting man, I think this is what is going on.

Um, Daoust, let us have a talk with the little lady so we can keep you from ever going to Vegas.

Ten to one says they do dress Kevin up as a Confederate, because as everybody knows, Southerners are always the stupid ones.

Nov 15th 2011

Southerners are always the stupid ones.

Boom! Roasted!

Nov 15th 2011

Andy. He's Michael Scott in a lime green tie.

I saw a promo. Do we care about spoilers anymore? I don't. It looked like Pam's gonna have her baby. Or something.

Nov 15th 2011

In the Peach Orchard, hopefully. Or in the middle of a bayonet charge! How exciting!

Nov 15th 2011

Before the baby was born she could have been a stand-in for Little Round Top.

Nov 15th 2011

Or in the middle of a bayonet charge! How exciting!

Maybe Andy will do a bit of a bayonet charge of his own on Erin, if you know what I mean?!

I'm sorry, are we still doing civil war related euphemisms?

Nov 15th 2011

Some say Lee should have pulled out, but he chose to leave it in there and give to 'em good. Of course, he didn't use protection. Of his cavalry, I mean.

Nov 15th 2011

He should have listened to Longstreet about the mess.

Nov 15th 2011

Old Pete wasn't a guy afraid get right into the trenches, which of course the ladies appreciated.

Who knew the Civil War was so pervy?

Nov 15th 2011

Too much brother-on-brother action for my tastes.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 98
Top of PageBack to discussions