Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
8.08 Gettysburg
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
91 to 98 of 98
Nov 21st 2011

And Hamnard

Effin Canadians.

Nov 22nd 2011

Maybe this episode has more to it than we realize.

Maybe the symbolism of Lee's mistake by sending his troops up the field in Pickett's charge is a parallel to Andy's attempt at continuing as "main character" in The Office. Maybe the lack of believable story arcs to hold the series together parallels the confusion of the Confederate Army in this last effort to move Northward.

Maybe other characters' assassinations are symbolic of Little Round Top.

Maybe Gabe will later be assassinated while watching the next Chuck Norris movie.

Maybe not.

Nov 22nd 2011

An internet exchange I had about this episode with someone, on a non-related forum:

(me) That show is about 2 years past its expiration date.

no way! I"m loving this season as much as I ever have...

Meh. Watch a Season 8 episode, then follow it with a Season 2 episode. They're not the same show.

no, not the same show, but just as good IMO. It doesn't have to be the same show to still be good..

This is a guy who's watched the show for a long time, and has Dwight Schrute posters in his office. Oh well. I've long since discovered that the internet is made up of 2 types of people:

1. People who agree with me
  2. People who are wrong
Nov 22nd 2011

Actually the internet is made up of THREE kinds of people:

1. People who are smart
  2. People who are bad at math
Nov 22nd 2011

If the internet is made up of people, and clouds are part of the internet, are people actually clouds?

Nov 22nd 2011

I think they are trying to slowly transform the show into one of those crime procedurals like CSI. Eventually, a crime will occur each week. Andy will solve it in a sloppy indecisive manner. And EVERY episode will end with Jim telling Andy how much everyone respects him and how great a job he did putting away the bad guys.

Nov 22nd 2011

So they're recycling that?

Thayuh haz been ah muhhhhduh.

Nov 22nd 2011

It sounds lahk yowah sayin' that with a suthuhn drawal, slow and steady, like molasses spillin' outta yor mowth.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
91 to 98 of 98
Top of PageBack to discussions