Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Everyone was so drunk, I bet no one even remembers what you said: The Drinking and NAing Thread
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 74
Nov 29th 2011

So. I am drinking. And also NAing. So I made a thread. For that.

Nov 29th 2011

I've just opened a bottle of red in your honor.

gulp I have some catching up to do...

Nov 29th 2011

Yesh, you do. Actually I've only had a glass and a half. I'm not toasted.

Nov 29th 2011

Long overdue thread, live on!

Keep posting, DrAnque.

Nov 29th 2011

Nice one! No seriously. Where is everybody, dammit? Will someone come help me clean out my house so we don't have so much to move?

Nov 29th 2011

I'm here to drink, not clean.

Nov 29th 2011

You're moving? Is that settled?

Nov 29th 2011

I mean later. After the drinking. What are you doing whilst enjoying your drink, TTP? Also, D, are you allowed to drink on your gluten-free diet?

Nov 29th 2011

Yep, unfortunately. Actually the original plan was to be moved by December 15 but we just paid another month's rent here because of grief+move+holidayseason=anxietymeltdownheartattack.

Nov 29th 2011

Yes, I'll help you move in January.

I'm waiting for the hubster to get home and throwing the ball for the dog, and catching up on my email. I live an exciting life.

Nov 29th 2011

I'm not drinking, but I should be.

Nov 29th 2011

Me, too. Me, too. I called my step-mom to wish her a happy birthday. And ended up making her cry. (not bad...just bonding with her over kiddos and trouble in school.)

And I opened a bag of chocolate chips to eat with my wine and they were expired and awful. I want to set the market across the street from me on fire. They are shitty business people who sell expired shit in their store and SCRATCH THE EXPIRATION DATES off stuff! Makes me crazy. The chocolate is the last straw.

Nov 29th 2011

I was drinking earlier, but now I have to do homework.

Nov 29th 2011

I'm not drinking, but I should be.

Wait! I missed this before I posted. Why? Why should you be drinking? What's wrong?

Nov 29th 2011

You have to DO homework or grade it? Both suck.

Nov 29th 2011

Nothing's wrong...just had a very busy day. Now I'm trying to reinstall Windows XP on my daughter's computer, because it's the only way to wipe off all the viruses. I first installed Windows 7, but the old hardware in that PC did not have updated Windows 7 drivers. Boo.

Hey Anque, while in Ithaca we stopped at Shortstop Deli and had a PMP. Mmmmm...that brought back memories! So good...

Nov 29th 2011

Awesome. We ate at the Shortstop today! I picked Mr. A up for lunch and he suggested it. Haven't eaten there in ages. It was deliciouso. The bread...that french bread they have kicks Subway's ass.

Nov 29th 2011

I feel like we practically had an NA meetup.

Nov 30th 2011

I had to do both. I went to bed. Now I'm up at 4.30 to do both. Not drinking. Grading and doing homework.

Grading is worse. Much, much worse.

Nov 30th 2011

Who gets up at 430 to do anything? That's insane.

Sorry I couldn't join you for a drink, A. You were right, I'm not allowed to drink on this diet, but it would have been nice to share a buzz with you in solidarity.

Why didn't you threadbomb this place, Anque. It would have been great to get up this morning to read some inhibition-ridden posts in the "Gardening Thread". Haha.

I hope this thread gets used again.

Nov 30th 2011

Me, too. I wasn't necessarily drunk though. Just pleasantly buzzed. And then I got all caught up in watching television after Mr. A lured me back into the livingroom with something that would belong in the Gardening thread.

Nov 30th 2011

Nice.

Nov 30th 2011 edited

So, the thank you letter I wrote to OfficeQuotes didn't get there, because I sent it to officequotes.com instead of officequotes.net.

I sent it again today.

Just keeping you all up to date on that.

ETA. This was supposed to go in the Pretzel thread, because it follows some commentary that was happening in there.

But I'm sure it'll be okay if I leave it here.

Nov 30th 2011

I drank half a bottle of Chardonnay whilst cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Let's just say that my usual stress about the meal turning out well, and about everything getting finished cooking at the same time became a non-issue. It was awesome. For me, anyway.

Nov 30th 2011

That's the way to go. I think I experienced the internal twang of tension release with drinking for the first time in ages last night. It normally doesn't do that for me. Of course, there's a lot of tention around here lately.

Nov 30th 2011

Why tension? Even after that awesome gardening in the living room last night?

Nov 30th 2011

Ha! I won't go into detail on the Gardening, but it wasn't necessarily for me.

And the tension is related to Mr. A's Mom dying + kiddo issues in school-stress + moving/financial stress + holidays. I wish everything were easier and didn't have to hurt so much.

Nov 30th 2011

I won't go into detail on the Gardening, but it wasn't necessarily for me.

Wow! He can do that...just call you in for a garden taste test?

Nov 30th 2011

Ah ha ha ha. I think it depends on your gardening partner. He just happens to have one that enjoys certain kinds of gardening that female gardeners are not typically thought to enjoy. Which is not to say that he can just 'call me in' anytime. I was a bit more amenable last night ...

I feel like I'm talking really loudly. Am I being loud? ....

So what else did you guys do while you were here in town, Jinx?

Nov 30th 2011

Which is not to say that he can just 'call me in' anytime.

OK, now you're ruining the fantasy.

The real reason for the visit was the Museum of the Earth, which I had gotten a membership for and had to use it before the end of the year. My daughter is into dinosaurs, so it was a nice visit. Then we went to Cornell and walked around briefly, got our pictures taken with Ezra on the quad. I wanted to eat at the dining hall, but they were closed, so we drove around a while, I pointed out all the places where I did stuff (like jumping off the bridge at Beebee Lake, which my wife did not believe because of my fear of heights), then we hit the Shortstop on the way out.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 74
Top of PageBack to discussions