Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
8.10 Christmas Wishes
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 66
Dec 3rd 2011
  • Season 8 : Episode 10
  • First aired on December 8, 2011

Summary courtesy of NBC:

ANDY GRANTS EVERYONE’S HOLIDAY WISHES— Andy (Ed Helms) tries to make this year’s Christmas the best ever by granting each person’s holiday wishes. Meanwhile, Robert California (two-time Emmy Award winner James Spader) tries to drown his sorrows at the office party. Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, B.J. Novak, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Angela Kinsey, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Paul Lieberstein, Mindy Kaling, Creed Bratton, Craig Robinson, Ellie Kemper and Zach Woods also star.

Dec 5th 2011

Is it Christmas already?

Dec 7th 2011

Mindy Kaling wrote this episode. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict there will be singing involved.

Dec 7th 2011

And dancing.

Dec 7th 2011

And Jim will be made to look like an idiot.

Dec 7th 2011

And there will be some serious lack of continuity.

Dec 7th 2011

And Kevin will be a moron.

Dec 7th 2011

And y'all will hate it.

Dec 7th 2011

Like peach iced tea.

Dec 8th 2011

Oh, I know where everybody is. They're getting ready to watch this show! Okay, that makes sense.

Dec 8th 2011

Wait, it's Thursday?

Dec 8th 2011

Come, now, Bri. We know you're the same person who posted this, back in April 2007 in the "How Do You Watch The Office?" thread.

I record it on both DVRs because you can never be sure where you're going to want to rewatch it, right? Plus I keep a library of old eps on the downstairs DVR... I usually watch an episode three times during the week: live, Friday mornings with coffee and then in bits and pieces while I'm getting dressed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

You're the same guy. So how many times are you gonna watch 8.10? Be honest.

Dec 8th 2011

I'm 3/4s through this ale. I might forget it's even Wednesday soon. Good find, though. Wow.

Dec 8th 2011

I love that thread, because it gets pretty funny.

CZJ's sums up the funniest "How I watch the Office" posts here

Excerpt:

From Daoust

At exactly 9:29 on Wednesday evening, I begin fasting. Prior to the fast, I engorge myself on salt free cheese curds and raspberry seltzer, which comes in a bottle, but which I pour into a baby's sippy cup. I do this before each Wednesday fast for obvious reasons. Wednesday evening, through to Thursday evening I spend 11 minutes of every hour praying to Thor for a good episode of the Office. At 8:30, I wash my nether regions with a red, triangular cloth, after which I put on my Office Uniform, which is the Office golf shirt, Office Bathrobe, and Alfred E. Neuman "What, Me Worry?" Boxers. 8:45 to 8:55 Thursday evening, I begin meditation while sitting in a meditative position which my Guru calls "The Dongshue Waterfall". 8:58 to 8:59 - I pee.

Dec 8th 2011

What ever happened to that guy? He was funny.

My new ritual: Log in to NA and am reminded that it's Thursday. Look into the living room and see that the wife is watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Shrug. Hope the DVR catches it and watch it in the coming week.

Dec 8th 2011

Ok, I am watching this episode against my better judgment. Why are they having the Christmas party during the day, instead of at night? Why did Andy break up with whatsherface? How many kids have Jim and Pam had. Wow, Darryl has gotten fat. James Spader has gotten fat! Ryan and Kelly - so that's still happening huh? Did someone really just make a fart joke?!?!!?

I should say I've had a few glasses of wine. I would like another alcohol.

Dec 8th 2011

I liked when Stanley said they'd had a Moroccan Christmas and a Mo Rocca Christmas.

Hamnard!

Dec 8th 2011

I laughed more than one time and there was less singing involved than I expected.

Dec 8th 2011

You don't get many porcupine jokes that land.

Dec 8th 2011

I liked the porcupine a lot but Toby's black detective story was the highlight for me.

Dec 8th 2011

Of course I would be remiss if I didn't complain about the fact that it looks like they are going to try and give us more Hamnard. Why?

Dec 9th 2011

Because Hamnard is life.

Dec 9th 2011

It started out that Erin drunk would be incredibly painful but then it became not too bad in my opinion. I laughed when she asked Robert for an alcohol. I also thought Andy's girlfriend seemed appropriate for him even though it's another storyline that seems to have come from completely out of the blue.

Dec 9th 2011

I didn't hate it, which is probably the highest praise I've given any episode the last couple of seasons. I might even watch it again.

Dec 9th 2011

There was talk of oatmeal.

Dec 9th 2011

There was talk of oatmeal.

2nd best moment.

Dec 9th 2011 edited

I enjoyed the TSO montage. This was a pretty good episode, although Andy was eerily Michael-esque in that break room scene with Jim.

Dec 9th 2011

Andy was eerily Michael-esque in that break room scene with Jim.

Does any boss actually wear a Santa suit to the office? As soon as they showed Andy in the santa suit I thought it was Michael-esque.

"You are a liar or a murderer!"

It was a little weird with Robert and Erin, right? I really didn't want her to stay with him that night. She didn't right? But it was really creepy when he rubbed her arm outside the building and said he wanted her to make him feel good. Especially since that is probably about how he started with the most recent ex.

Dec 9th 2011

Does any boss actually wear a Santa suit to the office? As soon as they showed Andy in the santa suit I thought it was Michael-esque.

I think in this instance it makes sense because Andy saw Michael do it for several years so now he's carrying on the tradition.

Dec 10th 2011

This episode was surprisingly un-horrible. I kind of liked it.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 66
Top of PageBack to discussions