Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
8.11 Trivia
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 48
Dec 31st 2011
  • Season 8 : Episode 11
  • First aired on January 12, 2011

Summary courtesy of NBC:

ANDY TRIES TO FIND A WAY TO MEET HIS GOAL OF DOUBLING SALES— When Oscar (Oscar Nunez) joins a trivia night contest, Andy (Ed Helms) decides to get the whole office involved. Meanwhile, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) visits Sabre headquarters to explore other job opportunities. James Spader, John Krasinski, B.J. Novak, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Angela Kinsey, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Paul Lieberstein, Mindy Kaling, Creed Bratton, Craig Robinson, Ellie Kemper and Zach Woods also star.

Dec 31st 2011

ANDY TRIES TO FIND A WAY TO MEET HIS GOAL OF DOUBLING SALES

I hope it doesn't involve another ass tattoo.

Jan 1st 2012

Well, just as long as his ass is prominently featured in some way.

Jan 1st 2012

ANDY TRIES TO FIND A WAY TO MEET HIS GOAL OF DOUBLING SALES

I hope they can come up with some heartfelt ending, where Andy is reassured that he is doing a good job.

Jan 1st 2012

I hope they can come up with some heartfelt ending, where Andy is reassured that he is doing a good job.

Maybe they could also figure out a way to show that the other employees like him.

Jan 2nd 2012

Andy has already talked about his scrotum, his penis, and his butt cheeks so the 13 yr olds will laugh. What's next? His prostate?

Jan 9th 2012

For a moment I thought I had missed this. When I saw there hadn't been comments in this thread for six days, I still wasn't sure if I had missed it.

Jan 9th 2012

I think you missed it.

Jan 9th 2012

So this hasn't aired yet? I thought my DVR missed it.

Jan 9th 2012

You missed it, too, J.

Jan 9th 2012

Meh.

Jan 9th 2012

I know, right?

Jan 9th 2012

I can barely maintain interest in my fake disinterest of this episode.

Jan 11th 2012

Okay, this made me chuckle.

Jan 13th 2012

Okay, I watched it. Less Andy, less Robert California, semi-plausible Kevin made this not painful. Did Jenna Fischer do something other than get pregnant to piss off the producers?

Jan 13th 2012

I missed it.

Jan 13th 2012

Did Jenna Fischer do something other than get pregnant to piss off the producers?

I've seen this sentiment elsewhere. Not sure I understand it.

Jan 13th 2012

This was on? My DVR didn't catch it.

Jan 13th 2012

I thought it was funny enough.

Jan 13th 2012

I liked the trivia stuff. I really liked seeing glimpses of Angry Andy and hope he really does come back soon.

Jan 13th 2012

I've seen this sentiment elsewhere. Not sure I understand it.

I know she's on maternity leave, but it's been three episodes and they have hardly mentioned that she's out. I knew they were going to play this one down, but it's like she vanished.

Jan 13th 2012

There's not a whole lot they can do. They can't even have a phone conversation without Jenna actually being on set. I don't watch these episodes and feel like Pam's vanished. I just feel like she's on maternity leave.

And from another board, at the crazier end of the spectrum, there's this:

Still not one word about Pam and the baby? STILL??? And we're again led to believe that Jim would rather go to a gay bar trivia contest several hours away in Philadelphia than be at home with his baby boy?? Again, I'm not suggesting that Jim be absent from this or any other episode. All I'm asking for is one hint that he's even the least bit conflicted about not being at home with his wife and babies. Hey, writers!! Wake up!! This is Jim Halpert!! Stop turning him into Scott Peterson!!!

Jan 13th 2012

I am so glad that we're so much cooler than to care about things like that.

Jan 13th 2012 edited

I really liked seeing glimpses of Angry Andy and hope he really does come back soon.

This. I'd like for Andy to turn back into Andy.

I really liked Dwight in this episode. He's come so far since the days when he thought getting two plaques was a great reward. I loved his resolve not to accept a medal. Rainn Wilson actually has some acting chops.

I'm a Gabe lover so I thought he was hilarious this ep - loved that he's the toilet of the company, because it's true - there always is a flusher.

I don't find the absence of Jam that bothersome, because most offices don't really want to hear about your kids. Especially your second kid. But the pollyanna in me is thinking they're just giving Jam a break because the last quarter of the season will be Jam heavy, and that the writers give Jim and Pam some actual stories, to end the series magnificently. thus redeeming themselves for some of these in between seasons.
hears cheering in my head

I am so glad that we're so much cooler than to care about things like that.

You're so much cooler on line

Jan 13th 2012

to end the series magnificently.

Wait. What?

Jan 13th 2012

I liked it ok. Trivia was pretty cool. Dwight just traveled to FL unannounced and expected an interview or Robert told him to come down then blew him off? Either way, one of those two is a complete idiot/jerk.

I feel kind of bad that I don't really miss Pam. Really, if she was never mentioned again on the show, who would miss her? I hate to think that way, but she isn't as vital to the show as she used to be. I love Jenna, but Pam hasn't done much lately.

loved that he's the toilet of the company, because it's true - there always is a flusher.

And he really embraces that role. Except there is no way he would work Tues/Thurs in one spot and Mon/Wed/Fri in the other. That is a complete waste of travel time and money. No company would do that without a legitimate need those two specific days. Mon/Tues or Thurs/Fri maybe.

Jan 13th 2012

The self-aware trivia group designations was awesome. Stanley put Jim back where he belonged. Everyone except Kevin knew their place.

Jan 13th 2012

That is a complete waste of travel time and money. No company would do that without a legitimate need those two specific days. Mon/Tues or Thurs/Fri maybe.

True, but it is not that huge of an exaggeration of some of the stupid, nonsensical things that companies do. Which is part of what this show is about. Or used to be, before it became about Andy's genitalia. (which was thankfully spared during this episode, except that he is kind of a dick)

Jan 16th 2012

I think this was the best episode of this show in a long time. The trivia stuff was great, I thought. Oscar's team, and their symbol, Kevin's great line at the end about flukes, followed by their getting trounced in the next game was really quite good. The Gabe stuff was funny. The Robert California wrestling in his house was a low point matched and beaten by the one line the writers must have felt they had to give BJ Novak. That guy isn't even trying anymore.

I try to give the Office credit when it does well. I think it deserves credit here.

Jan 16th 2012

It was a funny episode. I could go for more Dwight and Gabe.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 48
Top of PageBack to discussions