Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
8.13 Jury Duty
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 44
Feb 2nd 2012 edited
  • Season 8 : Episode 13
  • Original air date: Thursday, February 2, 2012

Synopsis courtesy of NBC.com:

After Jim Halpert (John Krasinski) returns from jury duty, Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson) questions him on every detail of his case. However, Jim later comes under fire when the office realizes he faked jury duty to spend time with Pam and the new baby. Meanwhile, Angela (Angela Kinsey) and the state senator welcome their new baby.

Feb 2nd 2012

Just diving in there, huh?

Feb 2nd 2012

Second!

Feb 2nd 2012

Just diving in there, huh?

Carrying on for our dear departed James. As I understand it, he was beheaded when the motorcycle he was riding on crashed into a tractor trailer.

Feb 2nd 2012

Meanwhile, Angela (Angela Kinsey) and the state senator welcome their new baby.

They sure put a lot of effort it making that seem real.

Feb 2nd 2012

I forgot Angela was pregnant.

Feb 2nd 2012

I forgot Angela

Me too.

Feb 2nd 2012 edited

angela

Remember her now?

Feb 2nd 2012

Vaguely.

Feb 2nd 2012

I thought that was an enjoyable 22 minutes of televison. Even though Pam is a fat mom now.

Feb 2nd 2012

Cece crying was the least annoying thing about the episode to me. I like that Dwight's still trying to get Jim fired. And Kevin's still functionally retarded. Michael was good, but I feel like they could replace him with anyone in the office and no one would notice.

Feb 2nd 2012

HATED the cold open. Not crazy about the Dwight & Angela baby. I laughed at a couple things but I already forget what they were. Blah at best.

Feb 2nd 2012

Whoops, sorry folks. I just moved and this got lost in the shuffle.

Thanks for covering for me, Daoust.

Feb 2nd 2012

HATED the cold open.

You mean the almost shot-for-shot remake of Michael destroying the warehouse? I can only hope that the Dwight/Angela story might crowd out Hamnard.

Feb 3rd 2012

Hey James. No sweat at all. Congrats on the new place.

Feb 3rd 2012

So, what's NA's new address, James? Hope you love the change!

Feb 3rd 2012

You know, Andy might have worked okay as boss if they hadn't changed him into Michael Lite. I miss the obnoxious, suckup Ivy league doofus. I don't know this new Andy and I don't like him and his girlfriend or the failed "Jim/Pam" redux with Erin. Why didn't they just let Andy be Andy as boss?

Which brings me to this episode. First time I've really, really missed Steve Carell. Him helping Jim cover would have been so much funnier.

That said, I very much enjoyed Dwight the pleased dad, and him trying to get Jim fired never gets old for me. Oscar was funny, and who can't related to having two screaming kids?

Better than average ep (compared to the last few seasons). And I'd forgotten how good the chemistry was between Fischer and Krasinski. Even with crying kids they were believable.

The part of the cold open that I laughed at was dancing on the bubble wrap. That looked like fun.

Feb 3rd 2012

You know, Andy might have worked okay as boss if they hadn't changed him into Michael Lite. I miss the obnoxious, suckup Ivy league doofus. I don't know this new Andy and I don't like him and his girlfriend or the failed "Jim/Pam" redux with Erin. Why didn't they just let Andy be Andy as boss?

This.

Which brings me to this episode. First time I've really, really missed Steve Carell. Him helping Jim cover would have been so much funnier.

And this.

Feb 3rd 2012

Why didn't they just let Andy be Andy as boss?

This might be a little spoilerish, but I remember seeing Paul Lieberstein say that there would be a return of Anger Management Andy. Although if it's anything like the return of the Dundies, no thanks.

Feb 3rd 2012

It would be cool if the whole office was trying not to set Andy off, and his anger was something they really feared...kind of like he was a little feared when we first met him. Remember him kicking the waste paper can and Jim getting scared?

Feb 3rd 2012

I laughed at a few things but was kind of annoyed through a lot of the episode. Pam making drawings from Cece for everyone seemed dumb. Jim and Pam seem less and less like part of the group. Angela and Dwight having a baby would have been great four years ago.

Feb 3rd 2012

Pam making drawings from Cece for everyone seemed dumb.

Yep.

annoyed

Exactly.

I didn't like it at all.

Feb 3rd 2012

You know what other Andy I miss? The brown-nosing one that wanted to catch the game with Michael, who was following him around trying to gain favor. That was so awesomely uncomfortable I could hardly look at the TV.

Instead, they are trying to make us like Andy. And that makes him boring.

Feb 3rd 2012 edited

I want a show to love. This one once was that. Last night I really felt how far from that it's gone.

Andy didn't really bother me, but Angela did. They could have done more with her over the years but never chose to make her anything but a weirdo to play off of weirdo Dwight. I kind of didn't mind Hamnard because at least the people were different and interesting even if the story was trite. Oscar seems like the only character doing things as if the show never changed around him. He's kind of quirky and intriguing the way he's always a little more aware than anyone around him but he doesn't do much more about it than observe. I did like the screaming kids scene. That was very real. Actually the whole story leading up to it worked for me, but scheming Dwight distracted from that for me.

Feb 3rd 2012

Yes, it was unrecognizable to me. Let me add a big ole "ditto" to pretty much everything you guys have said here.

Feb 3rd 2012 edited

I want a show to love.

Can.....anybody....find meeeeeee....a show toooo looooooooooooove....

Each evening I watch it I die a little
Can barely sit in my seat
Take a look at the TV and cry
Office, what you're doing to me
I have spent all my years in believing you
But I just can't get no relief, Lord!
Somebody, somebody
Can anybody find me a show to love?

Feb 3rd 2012

Earworm.

Feb 3rd 2012

Bravo.

Feb 3rd 2012

Can anybody find me a show to love?

Two Broke Girls. You're going to hate it.

Feb 3rd 2012

Oscar is now the new Jim. When someone acts crazy, you look to Oscar to see what his reaction is, he's the normal one that you identify with dealing with an office full of crazy people.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 44
Top of PageBack to discussions