Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
8.16 After Hours
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 78
Feb 19th 2012 edited
  • Season 8 : Episode 16
  • First aired on February 23, 2012

Summary courtesy of NBC:

ANDY MAKES THE OFFICE STAY LATE-- In Tallahassee, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) and Packer (guest star David Koechner) compete to become Nellie’s (Catherine Tate) VP, and Jim (John Krasinski) gets an unwelcome visitor in his room. Meanwhile, Andy (Ed Helms) makes everyone in the office stay late to cover for the people that went to Florida. Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Angela Kinsey, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Creed Bratton, Craig Robinson, Ellie Kemper and Zach Woods star.

Feb 19th 2012

Jim (John Krasinski) gets an unwelcome visitor in his room

Is it Packer? It's probably Packer.

Feb 19th 2012

I thought they said "unwelcome"? Packer told us that Jim is still queer.

Feb 20th 2012

Ann Perkins!

Feb 20th 2012

That would literally be the worst thing ever.

Feb 20th 2012

Ann Perkins!

You wound me.

Feb 20th 2012

I might be amused by that.

Feb 22nd 2012 edited

Can you imagine the heads exploding if Jim got shitfaced and actually did boink Kathy's brains out?

(mine woujd probably be one of them, but still...)

Feb 22nd 2012 edited

Jim getting drunk and making impaired judgments might actually be a fun or interesting angle to take the show in. But what will likely happen is that stalker girl will show up in his room, Jim will say "get out, I love my wife" and that will be the end of that. As if they'd ever have Jim cheating on Pam. Could you imagine? Maybe it might bring out all the former JAMmers from retirement/not caring about the show.

ETA. Upon thinking about it, the unwelcome visitor could also be a squirrel.

Feb 22nd 2012

But what will likely happen is that stalker girl will show up in his room, Jim will say "get out, I love my wife" and that will be the end of that.

You forgot the part where he bumbles about unable to give a straight answer. And the part where Pam finds out stalker girl has been visiting Jim's room at night.

Feb 22nd 2012

Maybe Jim and Kathy will fall in love and Jim will leave Pam and then it turns in a Revenge style show with Pam hunting down Jim and ruining him. That could extend the series for a few seasons.

Feb 22nd 2012

Maybe Jim and Kathy will fall in love and Jim will leave Pam and then it turns in a Revenge style show with Pam hunting down Jim and ruining him. That could extend the series for a few seasons.

Shhhhhut it. The studio might hear you. Anything that would make people watch their network, they would do.

Feb 22nd 2012

ETA. Upon thinking about it, the unwelcome visitor could also be a squirrel.

You could/should be a writer for the show.

Feb 22nd 2012

Prediction: Kathy comes to Jim's room. Jim will be his bumbling self, and Kathy will kiss him, which will snap him out of his stupidity. He will then call Pam and they will have a nice little talk.

Feb 22nd 2012

Daoust actually is a writer for the show. He's just masquerading here as a "married with kids Canadanadian" because he's a masochist.

Feb 22nd 2012

TTP is right. My real name is Ryan Koh. I've written a few episodes for the show. You all remember which ones, right?

Feb 22nd 2012

Ryan Daoust has a lot to answer for.

Feb 22nd 2012

Ryan Koh

Cougar lover!

Feb 23rd 2012

I liked it. There was plenty of dumb stuff (most everything Dwight) but Stanley hitting on the chicks in the convertible made me laugh a lot and there were a couple other things that made chuckle. I thought the Jim/Kathy stuff was actually done pretty well with Jim acting like a normal intelligent person for once. I also thought Ryan & Erin was mildly cute and Val & Darryl were OK too. And I liked the open. I'd say it was my favorite of the season, but that's also because I can't remember anything else that's happened.

Feb 23rd 2012

I thought the Jim/Kathy stuff was actually done pretty well with Jim acting like a normal intelligent person for once.

Really? I was okay with the story for the first third, but then we invented a drinking game where every time someone came up with a perfectly reasonable excuse to get Kathy out of the room, everyone else had to drink. We got hammered. I figured making Jim a dumbass was going to be their approach so it didn't spoil the episode. Now let's start taking bets on how Pam finds out Kathy was in his room. Jim telling her is obviously out.

Feb 24th 2012
> Jim getting drunk and making impaired judgments might actually be a fun or interesting angle to take the show in. But what will likely happen is that stalker girl will show up in his room, Jim will say "get out, I love my wife" and that will be the end of that.

sad. this had so much potential. %
Feb 24th 2012

I also thought the Jim/Kathy thing was ok for a little bit. But taking a shower in his room, after he told her what he thought? Who'd do that? What girl would snuggle up to a guy that says he's married and uncomfortable that she's in his room in the first place. She wasn't realistic, if for no other reason than she was so hot/cold. Why would she be offended, then lay in his bed in her underwear? It was insane.

Feb 24th 2012

The Darry/Val thing is interesting, because it's rare to see The Office use the "guy wants girl, but can't have her because she's with someone else" storyline.

And Kathy had nice legs.

Feb 24th 2012

I'm officially out of the Thursday TV habit. I thought last week's was decent when I finally caught it. Guess I'll be taking a Hulu break later today or whenever they put it up.

Feb 24th 2012

The only time I laughed, and I mean I really laughed, was when Gabe said, "They don't make these cords in bootcut anymore!"

I've been there.

Feb 24th 2012

The show seems to work better without James Spader.

Feb 24th 2012

Agreed.

Feb 24th 2012

Yup.

Feb 24th 2012

Crap. I forgot he was on the show. I'm getting bad at this.

Feb 26th 2012 edited

I just watched it. It did not suck. It was actually pretty good, I thought.

I like when they put Jim in crazy situations and he acts like a normal person trying to extricate himself from weird situation. We all like to think that we're sane and so we can relate to Jim. And who among us hasn't had a hot woman hitting on us in a hotel room? I'm glad they made it clear that Jim was not going to give in, no matter what happened. The humor was in him trying to send her away while still being a gentleman.

Stanley was hilarious every time I saw him. "It gets easier, Jim!"

I don't get...whoever that woman is. I don't find her funny at all.

I liked that Dwight and Jim and friends.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 78
Top of PageBack to discussions