Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
8.19 Get the Girl
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 59 of 59
Mar 16th 2012

You know in those zombie flicks when a main character gets bit like...2/3 of the way through, and he begs one of the other main characters to kill him before he turns? But that other main character can't bring themselves to do it, and they just watch, gun in hand, as their friend deteriorates slowly into zombiedom thinking or saying "I know I should do it, but...we've been through so much! I can't do it!".

....I had a point to this...but for the life of me I can't remember where this was going.

Anyway, food for thought.

Mar 16th 2012

SpinMove, you should spend way more time here.

Mar 16th 2012

Was the balloon supposed to represent the show?

It is an apt metaphor. Kill the show! Kill the show!

Mar 16th 2012

Robert C. is a complete disaster. He doesn't add anything to the show and just makes these vague comments that are useless. Would he really just watch all that happen? I thought there were a few funny lines, but that was pretty bad.

Mar 16th 2012

He doesn't add anything to the show and just makes these vague comments that are useless. Would he really just watch all that happen?

Is he the master manipulator we saw in the finale last year or the easily intimidated CEO we got last night?

Mar 16th 2012

They could at least pretend to have a basis in reality. The only thing even mildly interesting or amusing was when Darryl prevented Dwight from taking his office and Creed took Dwight's desk.

Mar 16th 2012

Sometimes these threads read like NA parodies I used to post in summer contests.

Mar 17th 2012

I think the only time I laugh now is during John Krasinski's talking heads. I still find him funny. Pam is kind of horribly uninteresting now. Andy's boring, even Creed is utterly unremarkable. Does anyone find it easier to watch now though that you've kind of completely checked out as far as giving a shit about the show? It was way harder for me to tolerate the steep decline in season 4, even a bit in season 3. Now it's just a thing my DVR records that I might as well watch after I've watched Community/Parks and Rec and 30 Rock (which incidentally I think had some of its best episodes in years this season). THIS SHOW HAS TAUGHT ME HOW NOT TO LOVE IT.

Mar 17th 2012

Sometimes these threads read like NA parodies I used to post in summer contests.

Yes, and this:

THIS SHOW HAS TAUGHT ME HOW NOT TO LOVE IT.

Mar 17th 2012

Does anyone find it easier to watch now though that you've kind of completely checked out as far as giving a shit about the show?

Yup. I was also thinking about how I felt back at "The Job" when Jim asked Pam out as compared to Erin running after Andy in this episode and how startling that was. (I know DC would disagree, though.)

Mar 17th 2012

Does anyone find it easier to watch now though that you've kind of completely checked out as far as giving a shit about the show?

Yes.

Mar 17th 2012

No. I think it's hard to watch. It's insufferable. Maybe I still care, deep down.

Mar 17th 2012

I'm with her.

Mar 17th 2012

Sounds like Bri got the girl.

Mar 17th 2012

Yup. I was also thinking about how I felt back at "The Job" when Jim asked Pam out as compared to Erin running after Andy in this episode and how startling that was. (I know DC would disagree, though.)

I squeeed a bit. Except the opposite of that. I no longer have expectations for the show so even the really stupid stuff (Hamnard!) doesn't bother me that much. Another annoying thing about this episode: What would Nellie have done if Andy had shown up for work that day? The idea that she takes over the branch because she magically showed up the day Andy is in Florida is absurd.

Mar 19th 2012

The idea that she takes over the branch because she magically showed up the day Andy is in Florida is absurd.

All I can say is, "A real man makes his own luck. Billy Zane, Titanic." But, you are right that it was absurd.

Mar 19th 2012

I kind of like the Nellie story for once. Sure, it's absurd. But the fun is watching Jim trying to be the voice of reason, and slowly losing the rest of the office. It might be fun to see Nellie and Andy butt heads when he gets back.

Andy and Erin was just awful. I was sad to see that they gave that assignment to some junior varsity writers who were interning from a middle school.

Mar 19th 2012

I don't mind the idea of the Nellie story, but I hated the execution. There were ways this could have been done that would have made sense, but that might have taken longer than 1/2 an episode.

Mar 19th 2012

I didn't like the execution, but at least the actress made up for it by being unfunny and unlikeable.

Mar 19th 2012

So the next new episode will have Andy at his old desk and it will be like none of this ever happened. Great. Kind of like the Michael Scott Paper Company. Or Ryan's criminal past. Or Toby quitting. Huh.

Mar 19th 2012

Catherine Tate has been almost unwatchable. Unfunny and not fun to look at. The only glimmer of hope for me came in the final dialog...where she talks about how she has no talent, no skills, and yet was able to get this job, and came to the conclusion that success is just random. That was some funny writing, and she pulled it off well. Let's hope they do more of that...like she's some sort of idiot savant who manages to get what she wants just because of sheer randomness.

Mar 19th 2012

So the next new episode will have Andy at his old desk and it will be like none of this ever happened.

Nope. We've been promised the re-emergence of "pre-Anger Management" Andy.

Mar 19th 2012

I'm going to lose my freaking mind!

Mar 19th 2012

I'm going to lose my freaking mind!

That is the Andy I love. I could watch more of that. And Micheal saying he had never met someone with so little self-awareness.

Mar 19th 2012

I'm sure it will all be relegated to a deleted scene so we can watch Andy and Erin get all schmoopy. I can't wait!

Mar 19th 2012

I didn't like the execution, but at least the actress made up for it by being unfunny and unlikeable.

haha!

That is the Andy I love.

Me, too. I don't like watching Ed Helms play Steve Carrel's part. On, uh, on tv. I mean...

Mar 20th 2012

I mean...

Oh, we all know what you mean.

Apr 5th 2012

It's Thursday. What's new tonight? Not this, right?

Apr 5th 2012

Nope

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 59 of 59
Top of PageBack to discussions