Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
8.20 Welcome Party
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 58 of 58
Apr 12th 2012

Well, they managed to make me hate Andy instead of just want to ignore him. I didn't think that was possible.

Apr 13th 2012

That reboot seems like a terrible idea. But it might be better than dragging this out forever? But if they keep the characters and drop the backstories? Then, we're back to terrible again.

Apr 13th 2012

I know we joke, but nobody actually likes anything at all about Andy and Erin, right? They're just awful. If they reboot the show, I hope they fire everybody but Hank and the magician.

Apr 13th 2012

At one point I would have said that replacing actors and characters as they left ER style was a good idea. But now, no, just kill it. I'd rather see Greg Daniels put all his time and effort on Parks & Rec or start over with a new idea.

Apr 13th 2012

It's much too late to try and reboot the show. If they had done it back in S5 they might have pulled it off, but now it would just seem desperate. As for Andy and Erin, I now want something terrible to happen to them.

Apr 13th 2012

The magician was funny.

Apr 13th 2012

Robert has gone from complete mind control and manipulation to a clueless goof who doesn't want to question anyone's opinion. The ripping on "Pam" was kind of dumb. Andy is the worst. I did like how the magician just lost it. And they just kept saying Ellie was new to the team and part of the community, but it isn't clear who the manager is, right? Or is she it? Andy is out just like that? Would anyone really just sit down and discuss with a co-worker a bunch of clearly private photos? Especially with that person in the next room.

There was some funny stuff, but the characters are not that great.

Apr 13th 2012

The only hope the show has at this point is to recognize they have one season to wrap things up and devote everything to that. Anything else and they should just end it this year regardless of whether there is any sort of closure.

Apr 15th 2012 edited

I just watched. Stanley's mustache was the only good part, because I wasn't sure either. Wow, was that awful.

Apr 16th 2012

This episode got destroyed by a re-run of The Big Bang Theory. When they move TBBT to 9:00 next year, NBC Thursdays will become toast. Even more than it already is.

Apr 16th 2012

There's one in every crowd:

While I'll agree the post-Carrell Office is very rudderless, it's still better than most comedies on TV.

Apr 16th 2012

it's still better than most comedies on TV.

I used to think this. I'm wondering if it is just my familiarity with this show that made me prefer it. If I just watched another show I may like it more, but it is habit and I have to see Jim/Pam/Dwight until they are done. I'm not proud, but it's the truth.

Apr 16th 2012

Not only did the re-run destroy it, but this was the return episode after a layoff which should have brought a few folks back. Also? Fourth place.

Apr 16th 2012

This episode may be what ends the show (in it's current ensemble), and I don't think I'm overstating that.

Apr 16th 2012

Combined with the snags in negotiations with the current cast, I think you might be right.

Apr 21st 2012

I'm just now watching this. I thought the mustache joke was really funny.

Apr 21st 2012

And that's it, so far. I feel like they're trying to make her a new Michael Scott, saying stuff that's offensive, but not quite realizing it, or stuff that's a little off and quirky. I don't like her.

Apr 21st 2012

Why did Andy & Erin have the documentary crew with them, crashing the bachelorette party?

Apr 21st 2012

There's still a documentary crew?

Apr 21st 2012

I don't know. They have camera men, somehow, and talking head scenes. Maybe?

I did like that they just were ruining all the magician's tricks.

Apr 21st 2012

And I did like Hank's response about how the magician made it upstairs.

So, I don't know. 3 good parts out of a 20 minute show? Not laugh-out-loud, but I guess I've seen worse stuff...on this show.

Apr 21st 2012

It really wasn't too bad if you just strip out everything with Andy and Erin. And somehow totally ignore the new woman.

Apr 22nd 2012

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Apr 22nd 2012

So, the commercials?

Apr 22nd 2012

You're forgetting the opening credits and song.

Apr 25th 2012

So, the commercials?

"The Office is the new Superbowl. I watch it for the commercials." Maybe they should run with that. That might be in their next promo.

Apr 25th 2012

The Office is the new Superbowl.

Especially if you're a Patriots fan. You tune in hoping for a return to past glories, but end up disappointed.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 58 of 58
Top of PageBack to discussions