Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
8.23 Turf War
1 to 20 of 20
Apr 29th 2012 edited
  • Season 8 : Episode 23
  • First aired on May 3, 2012

Summary courtesy of NBC:

WHO GETS ALL THE CLIENTS LEFT BEHIND— Andy (Ed Helms) takes a break from flambéing cherries and composing rock operas to jumpstart his Dunder Mifflin comeback. When Robert (two-time Emmy winner James Spader) drunkenly shuts down a nearby branch, Jim (John Krasinski) and Dwight (Rainn Wilson) join forces to outsmart a salesman from Scranton’s uglier sister city. Chris Bauer guest stars. Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Angela Kinsey, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Paul Lieberstein, Creed Bratton, Craig Robinson, Ellie Kemper, Zach Woods, and Catherine Tate also star.

Apr 29th 2012

Chris Bauer guest stars.

That's kinda cool.

Apr 29th 2012

Jim (John Krasinski) and Dwight (Rainn Wilson) join forces to outsmart a salesman from Scranton’s uglier sister city.

This pairing has been the only interesting thing about this season.

May 4th 2012

So, at the risk of looking uncool, I kind of liked this episode. There are a lot of reasons to criticize it, but it had a couple of laughs and I like the idea that Robert California is destroying the company and that Andy/Dwight/Jim may have to step in to save it. Of course they could have started this story weeks ago and left Nellie off, but still...

May 4th 2012

I laughed a little, but come on. Another employee goes off and starts his own paper company? Could the writers be any lazier?

May 4th 2012

I wouldn't mind seeing David Wallace more often. He is a great straight man and is much better than Robert C. (if that is his real name). The threatening call with Andy and Robert seemed kind of out of nowhere. I knew Robert was crazy, but not use a fake name/violent-crazy.

I thought there were some good moments in this episode. Seeing Jim and Dwight work together is always fun.

May 4th 2012 edited

End it already: When cancellation is the best thing that can happen to a TV series

Can anyone remember another show where there was so many calls for it to be put out of its misery?

May 7th 2012

OK, it was funny. I love Jim and Dwight working together. I like Andy getting some nards. I love David Wallace coming back. I actually started feeling sorry for Nellie and hoping something good happens for her.

Where are all these Dunder Mifflin branches coming from? I thought they all got lost when Sabre bought them, and Scranton was the only one left?

May 7th 2012

I haven't seen this, but this:

David Wallace

makes me weirdly optimistic.

May 7th 2012

I thought they all got lost when Sabre bought them, and Scranton was the only one left?

They're all still around. Holly was transferred from Nashua last year.

May 7th 2012

I enjoyed it, particularly when that guy from The Wire was on. It's good enough.

May 7th 2012

particularly when that guy from The Wire was on.

He was pretty funny. I liked that there was a semi-plausible work theme to this episode.

May 7th 2012

Word. I also liked "Girl Talk" Angela.

May 7th 2012

I liked the moment where Robert called out Pam for saying she was too busy to help him. I liked Pam asking Robert "What do you want from me?" I liked Jim making a lame joke and acknowledging to the camera that it was lame.

Wow. I liked a lot of things in this episode.

May 7th 2012

This episode was the best use of Robert in quite a long time for me. Maybe since last season's finale when he was a totally different character.

Wow. I liked a lot of things in this episode.

Me too. Dwight and Jim working together is usually good: "take the stairs!"

May 7th 2012

I also liked "Girl Talk" Angela.

And Gabe's odd "Korean fetish" bit.

May 7th 2012

I enjoyed it, particularly when that guy from The Wire was on. It's good enough.

That's who that guy is!

May 7th 2012

And Gabe's odd "Korean fetish" bit.

Ya, if you don't have a Korean fetish, you would definitely find it offensive.

May 10th 2012

I liked it too, what you guys said, etc., etc.

1 to 20 of 20
Top of PageBack to discussions