Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Lurking
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 46
Jun 24th 2012

So, I know we all lurk a lot. I do it. You do it. Everybody does it. It's OK. But I think we do it too much.

So, here's a new thread, with no expectations. Replies aren't necessary, topics aren't necessary. Let's just use it when we don't have anything to really say, but the place is dead. Sign on, read the threads, just call out that you were here or whatever, maybe somebody else will be on and say hey back. Maybe you'll be the only one on. Whatever.

So, I'm around now. Obvs, right? No big news. I'm just still mostly alive. Even if NA's mostly dead...

Jun 24th 2012

I'm watching the Yankees/Mets and checking in from time to time. Busy weekend of fun was had at the Jinx homestead.

Jun 24th 2012

I'm here. Great thread, Toos!

I can barely move. I spent the weekend working around the house (cleaning, laundry, weeding, yada yada yada, and now that I'm trying to relax, I'm paying the price. The only good thing is I know my back will be fine in the morning, but laying down in bed tonight is going to hurt.

On a good note, I'm eating warm chocolate chip cookies and cold milk.

Jun 24th 2012

I'm embarking on Day One of my "DftF doesn't drink for six weeks" plan. I've spent most of it watching Buffy or various ballgames.

I don't really lurk very much, actually.

Jun 24th 2012

"DftF doesn't drink for six weeks"

This sounds like lunacy to me.

Jun 24th 2012 edited

I'm here too. Just finished watching The Newsroom on HBO. I like it a lot. Today, I washed and cleaned out my car, re-potted a plant, walked the dogs, slept in until nearly 10 am, drank too much coffee, and a bunch of other stuff even more boring than that stuff. I also watched Cape Fear...I'd forgotten how good that movie is.

Jun 24th 2012

I don't really lurk very much, actually.

Yeah, me either, but does not having anything to contribute count as lurking?

Jun 24th 2012

lurks past

Jun 25th 2012

Lurky lurk lurk lurk.

Jun 25th 2012

Anque! I was just talking about you with a friend here at work. Remember my girlfriend that moved out to Elmira a few months ago? And I was so excited because we were going to go visit her and I'd get to hang out with you. Well, she's moving to Florida in August. Damn!

Jun 25th 2012

What the what? Doesn't she realize she's ruining all of our awesome plans?! So you're coming to visit her in July, right?

Jun 25th 2012

I wish! We'll have to figure out another way to meet up. And I was so looking forward to going to Mrs. Jinx's store, too.

Jun 25th 2012

Why can't you just still go to New York? You don't have to see that friend. Go see Anque!

Jun 25th 2012

Yeah, and you come, too, Toosie! We'll all raid Jinx's wife's shop!

Jun 25th 2012

Let's just all meet at the Indiana/Ohio border, ok?

Jun 25th 2012

Maybe VG could come, too. She and I could meet up in Illinois somewhere and meet you two on the border.

Jun 25th 2012 edited

When your day at NA is long, and the night
The night is yours alone
When you're sure you've had enough of no one posting, well hang on
Don't log yourself out
Everybody's here, and everybody lurks sometimes ...

If you're on your own in this forum
The days and nights are long
When you think, you think no one's around, hang on

Well, everybody lurks sometimes, but nobody replies.

Hold on

Cause everybody lurks

Jun 25th 2012

I'm lurking during a less than exciting parent info session at my #2 son's college orientation.

Jun 25th 2012

watching Buffy

Must be something in the air; I had a Buffy/Angel Greatest Hits marathon this weekend.

Currently killing the last 5 minutes of my lunch hour, then back to work.

See why I don't post much? I am so boring these days...

Jun 25th 2012

I am so boring these days...

That's simply not possible.

Jun 25th 2012

Got back from lunch/deliveries/etc.

Jun 25th 2012

Maybe VG could come, too. She and I could meet up in Illinois somewhere and meet you two on the border.

I'd do it!

Jun 25th 2012

Where in Illinois?

Also, I have found myself watching a bunch of old Buffy interviews this week, as well, in addition to you, also. I only saw a few episodes out of the bunch, but liked them when I watched them. Wasn't much of a TV buff as a teen, though.

Jun 25th 2012

Where in Illinois?

I don't know. It was the only state that we'd both have to drive through without going out of the way. You didn't expect me to actually think it through, did you?

A girls' weekend/meet up would be phenomenal. Pick a central location, everybody meet, eat, drink, shop, giggle, drink some more, giggle even more...

Jun 25th 2012

I was mainly talking in hypotheticals. I could realistically meet up with somebody within a 2-hour radius of my home.

Besides, Illinois? Lame. :-)

Jun 25th 2012

Come on, Toosie! Get out and see the world! Or at least the Midwest :)

Jun 25th 2012

I've been through there lots of times. And I'd kind of like to go to this historic Swedish colony in Illinois where my ancestors lived. But I'm not going to tell you guys that. I'm too cool for the Midwest. I've got a reputation to uphold.

Jun 25th 2012

Maybe the Midwest is too cool for you. Did you ever think of that? :P

Jun 25th 2012

Wait, did you say "the Midwest"? Ahahhahahahahah! Yeah. That's probably it.

Jun 25th 2012

Whatever, 2' Closer to Marrying Your Cousin

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 46
Top of PageBack to discussions