Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
9.02 Roy's Wedding
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 51
Sep 27th 2012

Pam and Jim go to Roy's wedding - David Denman guest stars. The wedding toast of Pam's ex-fiance Roy causes Pam and Jim to examine their relationship for buried secrets. Dwight stubbornly protests Nellie's mandatory charity initiative by supporting the Taliban and agreeing to live by their severe laws. Clark hits on Erin by dangling a fake newscaster job: Andy also takes the bait.

Sep 27th 2012

Wow. I don't wanna watch this. Ugh.

Sep 27th 2012

I do. (no pun intended)

Sep 27th 2012

Damnit I had to type it all out. The nook doesn't have a cut and paste function that I have found.

Sep 27th 2012

I will watch it. I just don't want to.

Sep 27th 2012

Damnit I had to type it all out.

Me too. The site I got it from wouldn't let me copy it. But I type real goodf.

Sep 27th 2012

I had to type it all out

Me too.

You poor dears. You must be exhausted.

Thanks for starting the thread(s).

Sep 27th 2012

I remember a time when the idea of Roy showing up on the show would have generated 5 pages of posts.

Sep 27th 2012

You are SO OLD!

Sep 27th 2012

You would have written half of them.

Sep 27th 2012

I remember Young Toosie. She was much nicer than the one we've got now.

Sep 27th 2012

Dwight stubbornly protests Nellie's mandatory charity initiative by supporting the Taliban

Wow. That joke has gone from too soon to too late.

Sep 27th 2012

Greg Daniels from three years ago disagrees.

Sep 27th 2012

Pam and Jim go to Roy's wedding - David Denman guest stars.

I'm intrigued. They could do some really interesting things with this premise.

The wedding toast of Pam's ex-fiance Roy causes Pam and Jim to examine their relationship for buried secrets.

OK, now they ruined it.

Dwight stubbornly protests Nellie's mandatory charity initiative by supporting the Taliban and agreeing to live by their severe laws.

He's not a terrible character at all. They should give him a spin-off. I wouldn't put a hatchet through my TV if they did.

Clark hits on Erin by dangling a fake newscaster job: Andy also takes the bait.

Who's Clark?

Sep 27th 2012

Dwight Jr. Sheesh, keep up, man!

Sep 27th 2012

Is the finale just going to be everyone farting?

Sep 27th 2012

Who's Clark?

I didn't know which Junior he was. BUT! I knew it was one of them. Go, me!

He's not a terrible character at all. They should give him a spin-off. I wouldn't put a hatchet through my TV if they did.

This.

Sep 27th 2012

Who's Clark?

Superman, silly.

I'm intrigued by the Roy's wedding story. Andy and Erin, not so much.

Even though TO is technically a comedy, I have to say I personally was actually sucked into it by the Jim/Pam relationship story in the first three seasons. The Office I loved is about them, and about sane people trying to work amongst crazies - with lots of funny along the way. I think Greg Daniels will remember that and take this season that way. People will have story arcs. Not every episode will be stupid sitcom "laugh a minute" writing. That is what I hope, anyway. YMMV

Maybe I'm a crazy optimist. I concede that point.

Sep 27th 2012

Now that Mindy Kaling is gone, you may be right. Man . . . she might be funny, but she is not the kind of funny that The Office was back when it was good.

Sep 27th 2012

I have been a huge Mindy critic in recent years, but after reading about the death of her mother and how she was not as involved with the early planning for S8, I think I may have been wrong with how much she was responsible for last years mess.

Sep 27th 2012

But she's been writing the worst episodes of the show for years. I didn't even watch last season.

Sep 27th 2012 edited

Mindy written episodes:

1."Hot Girl" (April 26, 2005) – Season 1
2."The Dundies" (September 20, 2005) – Season 2
3."The Injury" (January 12, 2006) – Season 2
4."Take Your Daughter to Work Day" (March 16, 2006) – Season 2
5."Diwali" (November 2, 2006) – Season 3
6."Ben Franklin" (February 1, 2007) – Season 3
7."Branch Wars" (November 1, 2007) – Season 4
8."Night Out" (April 24, 2008) – Season 4
9."Frame Toby" (November 20, 2008) – Season 5
10."Lecture Circuit: Part 1" (February 5, 2009) – Season 5
11."Lecture Circuit: Part 2" (February 12, 2009) – Season 5
12."Golden Ticket" (March 12, 2009) – Season 5
13."Niagara" co-written with Greg Daniels (October 8, 2009) – Season 6
14."Secret Santa" (December 10, 2009) – Season 6
15."The Manager and the Salesman" (February 11, 2010) – Season 6
16."Secretary's Day" (April 22, 2010) – Season 6
17."The Sting" (October 21, 2010) – Season 7
18."Classy Christmas" (December 9, 2010) – Season 7
19."Michael's Last Dundies" (April 21, 2011) – Season 7
20."Christmas Wishes" (December 9, 2011) – Season 8
21."Test the Store" (March 9, 2012) – Season 8

I see a few clunkers, but overall it seems pretty solid to me. I'd say her two S8 episodes were probably top-5 for the season (that's not saying much, I know).

Sep 27th 2012

I had to go back and fourth between pages. Not so easy to do with a nook.

Sep 27th 2012

After The Dundies and The Injury, she gets a lifetime pass from me.

Sep 27th 2012

Yeah, 1-4 are all-time greats. Then again, 5-7 are practically war crimes.

Sep 27th 2012 edited

I liked 1 and 2. That's all I got.

I could never understand why The Injury was everybody's favorite episode.

That said, I don't think she's a bad writer, I just don't laugh at the same things she does, if that makes sense.

Sep 27th 2012

After The Dundies and The Injury, she gets a lifetime pass from me.

Hot Girl goes on that list for me. Also, since Scott's Tots and The Christening aren't on that list, I won't advocate she be tried at The Hague for crimes against humanity.

Sep 27th 2012

After "Branch Wars", the only one I've seen is "Niagara", which I thought was pretty awful, soooooo . . yeah. The first three were great, but that was also when the show had a clear direction and didn't suck. After that, she went down the drain very, very quickly; "Branch Wars", "Diwali", and "Ben Franklin" are all among the weakest episodes of the first four (read: good) seasons.

Sep 27th 2012

Didn't Branch Wars have Jim & Dwight and Michael go to the other branch in janitor costumes?

Why did I use an ampersand and spell out the word and in the previous sentence? Stupid Toos!

Sep 27th 2012

It's the one in which Dwight pees in a can and cuts his penis. I wrote a review of it for NA that was highly controversial.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 51
Top of PageBack to discussions