Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
9.02 Roy's Wedding
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 51 of 51
Sep 27th 2012

Unless you praised the creativity and artistic bravery of that scene, I'm not sure how it could have been controversial.

Actually, as bad as that episode was -- and it was bad -- I laughed at hearing the details of Dwight and MIchael's break-in over the walkie talkie.

Sep 27th 2012

Any episode that has the line "Come on Jim, just climb on top of her and think about Stanley." is okay in my book.

Sep 27th 2012

Compared to what was to come, it was pure genius. Compared to what came before, it was the bottom of the barrel.

As I recall, criticizing the show at all was controversial in those recaps. Topsiders didn't like reasoned discussion of the show's flaws.

Sep 28th 2012

Compared to what came before, it was the bottom of the barrel.

Who knew the barrel had a false bottom?

Sep 28th 2012

I could never understand why The Injury was everybody's favorite episode.

SHUN!

I think it's very telling that we're using the current episode thread to talk about previous seasons and not the current episode.

Sep 28th 2012

Did anybody watch it? Was it completely horrible?

The Injury was great. "Get Pam! She needs to clean me up a bit."

Sep 28th 2012

I saw this and...Pam is really pretty this year. Not sure how she is doing that.

Sep 28th 2012

Who knew the barrel had a false bottom?

That was funnier than any of the lines in last night's ep.

Thought the Nellie/Dwight thing was too much. But then I just don't enjoy Nellie that much.

I was a bit disappointed in this one. They made Roy too changed. I would have bought the gravel company (not literally) and the hot wife, but singing with the piano? Too broad.

While I like the Jim/Pam storyline here, they're dwelling on it a bit much. We get it - Jim's got a secret.

At least Creed was funny.

Sep 28th 2012

After The Dundies and The Injury, she gets a lifetime pass from me.

This.

Sep 28th 2012

Ditto.

Sep 28th 2012

Tritto.

Sep 28th 2012

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Sep 28th 2012

No, don't screw me.

Wait, what?

I mean, "lifetime pass"? That seems like an overreaction. Is it cool if she runs over your dog now? No. Just like it's not cool if she writes bad shows. Not that those are equally as bad. Necessarily.

Besides, she wasn't the only writer or reason those episodes were better or worse, you know?

Sep 28th 2012

I revoked her lifetime pass when she wrote that episode where everyone sang to Michael.

Sep 28th 2012

Also, is Hamnard still a thing? On the show, I mean--I know DC still has that tattoo.

Sep 28th 2012 edited

My tramp stamp you mean? Yes, they are still exploring the magnificense that is Hamnard. In fact it looks like they are going to throw a wrench in their compelling love affair with the new Jim character. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that.

I was a bit disappointed in this one. They made Roy too changed. I would have bought the gravel company (not literally) and the hot wife, but singing with the piano? Too broad.

Yeah, this was a bit much. Plus his wife should have been a stripper. Also, the implication that Pam was responsible for holding Roy back is a terrible disservice to her and a complete retconning of the first three seasons of this show.

While I like the Jim/Pam storyline here, they're dwelling on it a bit much. We get it - Jim's got a secret.

This reminds me too much of the "Jim buys a house without telling Pam" story. I know what they are trying to go for, but I find it implausible.

Sep 28th 2012

The only other person I've ever given a lifetime pass to is Andy Pettite on the Yankees. He won a 1-0 game in the World Series, and that was the most draining, anxiety-filled games I've ever watched. Afterwards, I declared that he had a lifetime pass from me. Years after, my brothers would try to complain about him not pitching well, or whatever, and I wouldn't have any part of it. Because of the lifetime pass.

So Mindy Kaling is like that for me. The Dundies was just so good. And The Injury is the episode I'd show someone I was trying to introduce the show to.

Sep 28th 2012

Now the show's like your creepy uncle. "You know him? Yeah, he's...a relative."

You acknowledge his existence, but you don't want him meeting your friends.

Sep 28th 2012 edited

The Injury = "You can't fire me--I don't work in this van!" I mean--I even have a t-shirt that says that. Also, the whole spray-bottle thing. Still cracks me up when I think abou tit.

Sep 28th 2012

That's the best scene of all the scenes. I want that t-shirt!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 51 of 51
Top of PageBack to discussions