Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
9.03 Andy's Ancestry
1 to 9 of 9
Oct 1st 2012 edited

Apologies for dropping the ball on the first two episodes of the season, guys. Thanks for picking up the slack, Dwight = the Future and Shoot Toby Twice.

• Season 9 : Episode 3
  • First aired on October 4, 2012

Summary courtesy of NBC:

ANDY LEARNS HE IS RELATED TO MICHELLE OBAMA- Darryl (Craig Robinson) has a hard time in his new role as assistant regional manager when Andy (Ed Helms) flaunts his bloodlines. Dwight (Rainn Wilson) teaches Erin (Ellie Kemper) the Dothraki language to impress her boyfriend’s educated family. Nellie (Catherine Tate) tries to convince Pam (Jenna Fischer) that Jim (John Krasinski) is having an affair, and Jim reveals his secret in the warehouse. Brian Baumgartner, Clark Duke, Oscar Nunez, Angela Kinsey, Kate Flannery, Jake Lacy, Leslie David Baker, Creed Bratton, Paul Lieberstein also star.

Oct 1st 2012

I don't know guys. The last time Jim revealed a secret to Pam things really went haywire and it eventually led to Seasons 6, 7, 8, and 9.

Oct 1st 2012

ANDY LEARNS HE IS RELATED TO MICHELLE OBAMA- Darryl (Craig Robinson) has a hard time in his new role as assistant regional manager when Andy (Ed Helms) flaunts his bloodlines

This actually sounds pretty funny.

Dwight (Rainn Wilson) teaches Erin (Ellie Kemper) the Dothraki language to impress her boyfriend’s educated family

This does not.

Nellie (Catherine Tate) tries to convince Pam (Jenna Fischer) that Jim (John Krasinski) is having an affair,

Concept could be funny, but I just don't get Catherine Tate.

Jim reveals his secret in the warehouse.

He has a love child with Darryl's girlfriend.

C'mon, that's better than him telling Pam that he made another major decision without telling her, and her thinking it's wonderful. I can see it now - as Pam lays a big one on Jim: "You changed a job and risked the financial security of your family without even mentioning it to your wife, Jim! How sweet!"

Oct 1st 2012

So they showed a comercial for this tonight. Apparently Jim gets an asian guy to stand in for him at the office complete with putting his picture in the family photo with pam and the kids and letting Pam kiss him at one point. Not sure if this is just a prank on Dwightor part of the taking a new job story.

Oct 5th 2012

Did anybody else like this? Did anyone else watch it? I kinda enjoyed this one. I really, really liked the cold open and thought that was one of Jim's best pranks yet. I'm long past the days of saving episodes on the DVR, but I did watch this one twice before I deleted it.

Oct 5th 2012

I still haven't watched it. Maybe tonight.

Oct 5th 2012

I enjoyed this one quite a bit. There is still a bit too much "wacky" for my tastes, but they are getting better at dialing things back. It looks like they are going to turn Andy into a real douche which I think is an excellent way to go.

Oct 5th 2012

I thought it was okay. Some of the stories are still a little dopey, but they seem to be executed better. For instance, they ended the Erin/Dothraki thing halfway through the episode. Last year that could've been an A plot.

Oct 6th 2012

I thought it was pretty corny. I think STT's right about the execution, though.

1 to 9 of 9
Top of PageBack to discussions