Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
9.05 Here Comes Treble
1 to 29 of 29
Oct 20th 2012
  • Season 9 : Episode 5
  • First aired on October 25, 2012

Summary courtesy of NBC:

ANDY DEALS WITH A CAPPELLA DRAMA—STEPHEN COLBERT GUEST STARS (“The Colbert Report”)—It’s Halloween in the office and Andy (Ed Helms) invites his college a cappella group to perform, which leads to a confrontation with his frenemy Broccoli Rob (guest star Stephen Colbert). Meanwhile, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) finds evidence that a madman is loose in the office and tries to track him down, and the first meeting of Jim’s (John Krasinski) new job causes a fight with Pam. Jenna Fischer, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Angela Kinsey, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Paul Lieberstein, Creed Bratton, Craig Robinson, Ellie Kemper, Catherine Tate, Clarke Duke and Jake Lacy also star.

Oct 20th 2012

Poo.

Oct 20th 2012

Number two.

Oct 20th 2012

Hey! Stephen Colbert!

LAME!!!

Oct 20th 2012

(Not the Stephen Colbert part so much, just all of it.)

Oct 21st 2012

Number two.

I see what you did there.

Oct 25th 2012

You know what totally sucks? A cappella.

Oct 25th 2012

Agreed, but I kinda liked the rest of it. I lol'd a lot.

Oct 25th 2012

You know what totally sucks? A cappella.

Dwight Jr. sucking up to Andy and cheering made me laugh.

Oct 26th 2012

I'm still too cool to watch this show. :-)

Oct 26th 2012

That was horrible. /spoken from the viewpoint of someone who still "likes" the show

Oct 26th 2012

Erin as a puppy was really cute.

Oct 26th 2012

Creed's "That's what she said" and Meredith's callback to the rabid bat episode made me smile. They haven't completely forgotten the original fans.

Oct 26th 2012

Did Dwight get a pumpkin stuck on his head in this episode?

My husband wants to wear a real, carved pumpkin on his head for his Halloween costume this year. I think it's the stupidest idea ever. If Dwight did it, and it got stuck, maybe I can convince him to go a different route.

Oct 26th 2012

My dad said he saw the first scene and that's what happened. He said it was obviously fake, but Dwight said he was going to wait for it to rot off. Then he got in the car and drove away, wearing it.

It sounds awful. On one hand, it sounds like it'd be a fun costume. But it also seems really messy.

Have you seen these things? I think they sell them at JoAnn's. No goo, no smell to attract bugs and stuff. They probably come in head-suitable sizes.

Oct 26th 2012

Erin as a puppy was really cute.

Erin might actually be my favorite thing on the show now. I think the writers have finally figured out a good mix of naivety and goofiness as opposed to blatant stupidity, but mostly it's that Ellie Kemper is very charming and has that certain it factor that makes her extremely appealing, much like another actress and character used to have.

Oct 26th 2012

They have done an almost complete reboot of her character this year.

Oct 26th 2012

What was the deal with Toby and Nellie at the end? Potential Spoiler Alert, if anybody cares about that sort of stuff anymore. I admit to being half asleep by that point, but was he attracted to her when she was dressed as him and then not when she took off the wig and became herself again? That was....weird.

Oct 26th 2012

Pam can be a little bit shrill.

Oct 26th 2012

I've thought a lot of times. Most of the time it's when everyone else thinks she's being cute.

That was....weird.

I saw that, but didn't know why he was bringing her flowers, then bashed them. She was him for Halloween?

Oct 26th 2012

I thought it was way weird too. And just kind of...icky.

Oct 26th 2012

I think that's what they were going for...weird and icky. It worked.

Nellie actually was a lot more manageable in this episode. I didn't hate her. Maybe I'm also attracted to Sexy Toby.

Oct 26th 2012

was he attracted to her when she was dressed as him and then not when she took off the wig and became herself again?

This is what I got from it.

While I enjoyed the Monster Mash argument, this whole setup was poorly done for me. It seemed like they had agreed to invest the money before hand, but then they re-inserted "bumbling Jim" and made it seem like they hadn't even thought it out. Isn't he a partner in this startup and if so, why does he have no clue what is going on or how much the other partners have invested? Is he going to be the spokesmodel for it?

Oct 26th 2012 edited

I absolutely despised Nellie last year but as a regular employee this year she's been OK. Last week with the adoption thing humanized her quite a bit and I liked her in this episode.

ETA: Yeah, the whole Jim & Pam storyline pretty much sucked last night.

Oct 26th 2012

It seemed like they had agreed to invest the money before hand, but then they re-inserted "bumbling Jim" and made it seem like they hadn't even thought it out.

The way I interpreted it was that Jim found out he didn't have to invest any money, but did anyway.

Oct 26th 2012

The way I interpreted it was that Jim found out he didn't have to invest any money, but did anyway.

How would he not know this in advance? Isn't this about the first thing you discuss when starting up a new company?

Oct 26th 2012

Jim iz dum, remember? Hahaha, funnneeee.

Oct 26th 2012

You gotta have faith.

Oct 26th 2012

Jim iz dum, remember? Hahaha, funnneeee.

Mindy, is that you?

1 to 29 of 29
Top of PageBack to discussions