Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
9.06 The Boat
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 57 of 57
Nov 1st 2012

Whenever some dirtball like Jason Aldean comes on

Red. Neck.

Nov 1st 2012

They kind of all are, though, aren't they? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Nov 1st 2012

Well, no, not really. I mean, Brad Paisley isn't a redneck.

Now, Dierks Bentley? Sure, he's a redneck. But he's a loveable redneck. Jason Aldean is a guy I wouldn't want to stand near. Or look square in the eye. I think he's creepy. And kind of gross. I don't know why. The hat? The short-sleeved plaid shirts? I don't know.

Besides, I don't think he can sing. I've seen him on some awards show and he just mumbled his lyrics. He's not too good.

Nov 1st 2012

I pretended to like country music when I started dating my wife. She pretended to like sports. Oh, young STT. There is so much I need to warn you about, yet, tragically, I cannot.

Nov 1st 2012

Toosie, why don't you live blog during the awards show? I think everyone here will love it.

Nov 1st 2012

Toosie, why don't you live blog during the awards show? I think everyone here will love it.

False

Nov 1st 2012

Haha. I'll probably be sleepin'. I've got a headache today and am getting ready for a nap.

Nov 1st 2012

I've got a headache today

You don't even have a husband!

Nov 1st 2012

Who just got an iPhone5 delivered to his front door and now doesn't care that the shows aren't on? This guy!

Nov 2nd 2012

Sweet, AMJ!

the awards show

I watched a couple of hours of that. Saw some groups I kind of like, saw some I kind of hate. Man, everyone seems to really love Blake Shelton & Miranda Lambert. Like way too much, I thought. Oh well, it's Nashville.

I do wish that Keith Urban had won whatever he was up for. Male vocalist, I think? He just sings fun, summery love songs. It was a good thing Blake Shelton won, though. rolls eyes

And Jason Aldean? Again with the mumbling and the short-sleeved plaid? Does he buy regular plaid shirts and hem the little sleeves himself? Come on.

In the promos, they kept showing Kenny Chesney without a hat, and man, is he an old lookin', frail lookin' little man! The sound was off during his song and it was hard to hear at the end of each line. He faded into the song. It wasn't too good. At least he wore the hat onstage.

I did especially like Brad Paisley's new song. I hadn't heard it before, and it was really good. It seems like there was another new one, but I can't remember. Maybe it was Dierks Bentley's? I don't think I had heard it all the way through yet.

I didn't much care for the message in that song, though. It was essentially, "Life's hard. But it's hard for everyone! Drink. It's ok if you go overboard with your drinking. Life's hard."

Who won entertainer of the year? I went to bed before it and the Willie Nelson Tribute.

Oh, and Carrie Underwood was great on her song. Really good singing, I thought.

Nov 2nd 2012

Your favorite, Blake, won Entertainer of the Year. I had to laugh when the very first performer of the night was your other favorite, Jason Aldean. You poor thing.

Nov 2nd 2012

Did he say he had been drinking more? He won once, for songwriting with Miranda (which is a song I actually didn't hate), then a second time for vocalist. When he went up then he said he thought he wasn't going to win and had a couple of drinks since the last time he was on stage. Then he hooped and hollered a little. Now I kind of wonder what he did when he went up the third time...

I missed the first half hour. Thank goodness! Tell me it wasn't him singing that same tired old song with Kelly Clarkson about coming over or spending the night or whatever. I've seen them sing that thing at awards shows for probably the last three years. It isn't that good of a song! It's a "vocal event" or collaboration or whatever, so they do it all the time. Brad & Carrie had that other song a year or so ago, and I never saw them sing it together, just the music video.

Nov 2nd 2012

No, he sang something with Eric Church and Luke Bryan (hottie). I don't remember what it was. And Kelly Clarkson did a duet with Vince Gill that was nice. I really like her voice.

Nov 2nd 2012

I don't think Luke Bryan's that great. Yeah, he's good lookin', but he just sings about sex. And not even cleverly:

Girl you make my speakers go, "boom boom"
Dancin' on the tailgate in a full moon,
That kinda thing makes a man go, "mmm hmm."
You're lookin' so good in what's left of those blue jeans
Drip of honey on the money maker gotta be
The best buzz I'm ever gonna find.
I'm a little drunk on you, and high on summertime.

That's not a good song. And:

Shake it for the young bucks sittin' in the honky-tonks
For the rednecks rockin' 'til the break of dawn
For the DJ spinnin' that country song
Come on, come on, come on

Shake it for the birds, shake it for the bees
Shake it for the catfish swimming down deep in the creek
For the crickets and the critters and the squirrels
Shake it to the moon, shake it for me girl.

You can't play that. Come on. But they're big hits.

Nov 2nd 2012

Exactly.

Nov 2nd 2012

Winners were Single of the year was Pontoon by little big town Vocal Duo Of The Year was Thompson Square Song of The Year was Over You by Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert (about his dead brother) Album Of The Year was Chief by Eric Church Music Video Of The Year was Red Solo Cup by Toby Kieth New Artist Of The Year was Hunter Hayes the tenn who plays every musical intstrament known to man. Vocal Group of the Year was Little Big Town Female Vocal Artist of the year was Miranda Lambert Male Vocal Artist of the year was Blake Shelton Entertainer of the Year was Blake Shelton.

I too found it funny that Aldean was the first performer.

Shelton mentioned he was drinking when he accepted for Male Vocal artist of the year. By the time he g g got the award for entertainer of the year he was really flustered. Not expecting it at all.

Nov 8th 2012

I've been waiting for days to say this.

I missed The Boat.

Nov 8th 2012

This could be pretty controversial, but I'm going on record as in favor of Erin and the new guy.

I laughed a lot at the Dwight prank and also laughed at Kevin a couple times.

Nov 8th 2012

Can I pray that Andy sails away forever?

Nov 9th 2012

This could be pretty controversial, but I'm going on record as in favor of Erin and the new guy.

I second that emotion.

Nov 9th 2012

The more Erin, the better.

Nov 9th 2012

Noooo! Hamnard forever! Erin and the new guy never!

I really don't know what I'm talking about. I haven't seen a new episode since last winter.

Nov 9th 2012

I didn't laugh once. This show's so lame! It was like, "Hey, what if we had Catherine Tate talk with an American accent for an episode? It'll be awesome!"

Nov 9th 2012

The more Erin, the better.

Erin go braless.

I forgot what day it was a few days ago and only just realized today is Friday.

Nov 9th 2012

That baby is messing with your head.

Nov 9th 2012

She's not a baby. She's a grown woman, and a receptionist at that.

Oh, that baby. Yeah.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 57 of 57
Top of PageBack to discussions