Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
9.08 The Target
1 to 18 of 18
Nov 24th 2012
  • Season 9 : Episode 8
  • First aired on November 29, 2012

Summary courtesy of NBC:

ANGELA DISCOVERS THE TRUTH—Angela (Angela Kinsey) discovers her husband's affair with Oscar (Oscar Nunez) and goes to Dwight (Rainn Wilson) for help. Jim (John Krasinski) needs a favor from Stanley (Leslie David Baker) and Phyllis (Phyllis Smith) who milk it for all it's worth. Pam (Jenna Fischer) begins painting her mural in the warehouse but gets distracted by Pete (Jake Lacy) who is building a tower of complaint cards. Craig Robinson, Ellie Kemper, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Paul Lieberstein, Creed Bratton, and Catherine Tate also star.

Nov 24th 2012

What?

Nov 24th 2012

Basically, a bunch of stupid stuff happens.

Nov 25th 2012

I wish this was just product placement and the whole episode was set at a local Target.

Nov 29th 2012

I watched this show on a Thursday for the first time in a while, and it wasn't too bad. I mean, it wasn't very good, but it seemed to have a familiar vibe or a hint of a familiar vibe. Given the plot summary, it could have been much, much worse. Wasn't Greg Daniels supposed to be taking over for the last season. I could almost swear it had a feel, almost a heavy handed one at that, of the early seasons. The card tower reminded me of Office Olympics. Pam losing a customer was like the betting episode when Mindy explained Netflix. And by focusing on Dwight's weird friend, I think they defused a lot of the inevitable awfulness of the Angela-Oscar storyline. Jim is back to being hapless, but whatever. It was a C story. How much is the young guy supposed to be young Jim? Like you read about, huh. Anyway, not too shabby.

Nov 29th 2012

I thought today was Friday. Huh. Gotta be honest, I'm disappointed. Come on, weekend. Sadly, I care about the weekend about a thousand times more than this show. I don't even have the DVR set up for it. Sad, right?

Oh! And I did see your comment on Gray's (Grey's?) Anatomy on twitter, Bri, and I thought it was hilarious, but I didn't want to look lame on my own page by replying with "Hahaha!" So, here you go, on this site instead. I wish I had something clever to say...but I don't. Sry.

Nov 29th 2012

Holy merciful crap. I liked it.

Nov 29th 2012

Pete and Erin! Pete and Erin! Pete and Erin!

Nov 29th 2012

The last three episodes have made me laugh which is a change. Less Andy helps with that.

Nov 30th 2012 edited

Pete and Erin! Pete and Erin! Pete and Erin!

It's Peterin.

I didn't get to watch the episode yet. Did the Pete/Erin Index go up or down?

Nov 30th 2012

WAY UP.

Nov 30th 2012

I liked it.

Thank you, Greg Daniels, for making me look forward to watching this show again.

Nov 30th 2012

I liked it, too. It really felt like the old days in many ways. I really liked the closing, and laughed loudly at drunk Phyllis.

Nov 30th 2012

There's wine in here!

Nov 30th 2012 edited

Hey, you (poke).

Nov 30th 2012

That was pretty good. I loved the "Sexual Harassment" callback at the end.

And Pam in jeans.

Nov 30th 2012

Do you think the closing was improved? It kinda seemed like it might have been.

Dec 2nd 2012

I finally watched this and it was actually not the worst. Erin & Pete are the new stand-ins for the Pam & Jim of the past.

1 to 18 of 18
Top of PageBack to discussions