Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
9.09 Dwight Christmas
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 38
Dec 1st 2012
  • Season 9 : Episode 9
  • First aired on December 6, 2012

Summary courtesy of NBC:

When the party planning committee drops the ball on the annual Christmas party, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) gets everyone to celebrate with a traditional Schrute German Christmas. Darryl (Craig Robinson) fears Jim (John Krasinski) has forgotten his promise to take him along to the new job in Philadelphia. Meanwhile, Pete (Jake Lacy) teaches Erin (Ellie Kemper) about his favorite movie Die Hard. Jenna Fischer, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Angela Kinsey, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Paul Lieberstein, Creed Bratton, and Catherine Tate also star.

Dec 1st 2012 edited

Is Ed Helm off making another "Hangover" movie? I'm enjoying his absence.

Also, first!

Dec 2nd 2012

That's the scuttlebutt. I'm with you on not missing him.

Dec 2nd 2012

Nope, I don't miss him either. I feel towards him like I felt towards Michael. Not that crazy about his character. Or maybe just smaller doses would have been more to my liking.

Dec 2nd 2012

I always wish Angry Andy would come back.

Dec 2nd 2012

That would be good--I miss him too.

Dec 2nd 2012

I prefer S9 Andy to S8 Andy. That said, I haven't missed him these past couple of weeks.

Hamplop!

Dec 2nd 2012

Which one was Andy?

Dec 2nd 2012

"Like"

Dec 2nd 2012

This is a brilliant episode title, by the way. I can't believe they didn't think of it sooner. I bet it got left in the writer's room floor more then once.

Dec 3rd 2012 edited

Never mind, can't get picture to link.

Dec 3rd 2012

Was it this?

Dec 3rd 2012

A blue question mark? No.

Dec 4th 2012

Weird. I thought for sure that was it.

Dec 4th 2012

Weirder. It's that "Dwight's Only" cartoon with Stanley saying "I do not think that is funny." It shows perfectly on my phone but now on my desktop I can't see it.

Dec 7th 2012

Wow, took me hours to catch up on all the lack of comments. I enjoyed it. It didn't compare to classic Christmases of yore, but this lack of Andy is really helping. Darryl's collapse made me chuckle. Mini-Jim is still interesting. Jim Classic has been unannoying, especially when beaten severely with sticks. Belsnickel was outdone only by his sorely missed, racist sidekick. Overall I found this episode only slightly impish with occasional admirable highlights.

Dec 7th 2012

Also, triple post. Well, quadruple post.

Dec 7th 2012

Has this aired? I was...doing something else last night. What was I watching? Oh, yeah. A terrible show on the local public access station. A colored-pencil artist describing his work, and a gang of local irritating people asking questions. It was a hilarious show. I wish I knew about the event before hand and could have seen the trouble in person. Ha.

Dec 7th 2012

Overall I found this episode only slightly impish with occasional admirable highlights.

I agree, especially with the lack of Andy improving things. I know they are giving us a Jim/Pam retread with Pete and Erin, but I still like it more than Hamnard. Of course the fact that Erin's IQ has increased about 50 points helps. The story with Jim's new business is still too unfocused for me to think interesting, but his glee in watching Dwight's Christmas was funny. I'm sure he would have loved Black Peter. Kevin made a good point about the mini-cupcakes.

Dec 7th 2012

From the internet:

Am I the only one who sees Erin and Pete a parallel of Jim and Pam? I mean here we have Erin who is a secretary in the office, apparently not satisfied with her relationship (I feel really sorry for her), and here we have the New Jim who definitely has feelings for her but takes up the role of a friend because he respects Erin’s relationship? I mean Andy’s become a real jerk, and it’s obvious Pete doesn’t like him too much…he stays by Erin’s side and supports her. It looks like a new JAM story in a way.

Dec 7th 2012 edited

in a way

This person is so deep and insightful.

rolls eyes

Dec 7th 2012

I hate comments that start with "Am I the only one..." followed by something incredibly obvious. No, you're not the only one. You are, however, an idiot.

(Not you, STT. I know you didn't write that comment.)

Dec 7th 2012

Am I the only one who things that person is an idiot?

Dec 7th 2012

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious when people make typos while pointing out that other people are idiots?

Dec 7th 2012

Heh. Jinx is a idiot.

Dec 7th 2012 edited

Don't worry, Toos. You're not the only one.

Dec 7th 2012

I can't even blame it on audocorrect, since I'm on my PC.

Dec 7th 2012

I'm not touching that one.

Dec 7th 2012

That's what she said!

Dec 7th 2012

She says that way too much.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 38
Top of PageBack to discussions