Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
9.12 Customer Loyalty
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 80
Jan 19th 2013
  • Season 9 : Episode 12
  • First aired on January 24, 2013

Summary courtesy of NBC:

RELATIONSHIPS ARE TESTED - Dwight (Rainn Wilson) tries to prevent Darryl's (Craig Robinson) move to Athlead. Jim (John Krasinksi) is forced to miss Cece’s first recital when a big investor exits his new company, to Pam's intense disappointment. Nellie (Catherine Tate) exposes Pete (Jake Lacey) and Erin (Ellie Kemper). And we start to see behind the scenes of the documentary. Jenna Fischer, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Angela Kinsey, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Paul Lieberstein, Creed Bratton and Clark Duke also star.

Jan 19th 2013

Nellie (Catherine Tate) exposes Pete (Jake Lacey) and Erin (Ellie Kemper).

I'm all for Erin being exposed.

Jan 19th 2013

Oh sure it's okay when you say it.

Jan 19th 2013

I still haven't seen this week's. I might liveblog it tomorrow, DC... :-)

Jan 19th 2013

And we start to see behind the scenes of the documentary

OfficeTally just exploded. In 2007.

Jan 19th 2013

Heh. They probably still care, now.

Jan 19th 2013

Anyone else seriously concerned about the documentary crew being revealed? It seems like a seriously bad (albeit admittedly interesting) idea to me. I’d rather they focus on the characters we know rather than awkwardly introducing a bunch of new ones

What about all the other times they awkwardly introduced a bunch of new ones?!

Whatever the thing with the Documentary is, it’s obviously not going to make perfect sense. Because we can step back from the show and realize there’s no good reason to make a documentary about a paper company for 9 years. The show was using the format and therefore it was always going to be the format. It’s not like whatever is revealed was the grand plan all along.

As long as it’s clever I’ll be fine with it.

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be clever.

The Scranton Strangler is in charge of the documentary, he used it to distract from his crimes!

I’m extremely excited for this episode! If they do start seeing the airing of the episodes, will everyone feel nostalgic about Michael Scott? Will we see behind the scene footage of Michael(although I’d rather see him interacting with the characters now in real time). I desperately want Michael to be the one behind the documentary, he would do something like that. His character was so loving and caring and always wanted to know everyone’s secrets when they wouldn’t tell him, but I doubt it would be. I suppose we can only wait and find out.

Yes, I suppose that's true.

Jan 19th 2013

Heh. They probably still care, now.

People who care are the worst.

Jan 19th 2013

I'm probably too much of a Beatles super fan, but the first thing I thought of was:

The new thing is to care passionately and be right wing.

From Hard Day's Night. But I can't find a video clip, or even a gif of the old man saying that to George. So this is random.

Um. It's right before this.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr<em>lk6qwvH5Uk1qbhbseo1</em>500.gif

Jan 19th 2013

Ah-ha! Right around 41:40, here.

The man works for a magazine or the tv station and is telling George what will be cool, and he's all, "I don't care," and the man tells George ^ that.

Anyway.

Jan 19th 2013

I still haven't seen this week's. I might liveblog it tomorrow, DC... :-)

I'll be waiting.

Jan 24th 2013

I guess they want us to watch tonight.

Jan 24th 2013

Jenna Fischer had a similar tweet a couple days ago.

Jan 24th 2013

Guess I'll be watching this one.

Jan 24th 2013

To get a look at Jenna's tweets?

Jan 24th 2013

I see what you did there...

Jan 24th 2013

They're usually not very exciting.

Jan 24th 2013

You should give them a retweet before you decide that.

Jan 24th 2013

That was pretty....what? Good. Interesting. Something...I don't know. I liked it. Could've used that intensity a few hundred times over the last few years.

Jan 24th 2013

This was on tonight?

Jan 24th 2013

I think they oversold this one a bit.

Jan 24th 2013

Yeah, I wouldn't call that a game changer. It was interesting though. The Toby/Nellie stuff was funny.

Jan 24th 2013

Pete has Jim hair. S2. Fire in the hole.

Jan 24th 2013

I liked it.

Jan 24th 2013

Could've used that intensity a few hundred times over the last few years.

No kidding.

Jan 25th 2013

Ok, I've liked the prank at the start and the Windows 95 and terrible printer. (Was that a dot matrix?) I don't remember anything as funny as Dwight Jr. looking at the camera while the loud printer was whirring on this show, for years.

Jan 25th 2013 edited

Wow. I didn't like that. Like, at all.

What are they trying to say, Pam's just a weak girl who will cry when things get too tough and look for some other man to fix it all? I mean, they spent years establishing Jim as the hero and perfect match for her, blah, blah, blah, and now they're in an argument and she turns to the sound guy?

And then, after how many years, Sound Guy grows a conscience and feels bad when things go south?

Sound Guy didn't intervene when Meredith got hit by a car! He didn't care when Phyllis' elderly uncle wandered off into traffic! But Pam gets mad with Jim and suddenly he's ready to stop the cameras and comfort her off-screen?

If Sound Guy is New Jim and Pam is New Pam, then Jim is New Roy. Maybe Old Roy wasn't really so bad all along.

I don't think that the dot matrix joke was enough of a reward for all the rest of the crappiness in the show.

Jan 25th 2013

Toosie, you ignorant slut.

I liked it a lot. I really did. The reveal was so shocking, that it a scene I will always remember about the show. And Pam hurt and crying always gets me.

No, Pam is not leaving Jim for Brian. They had an argument, similar to how every married couple does. Brian, and the whole crew, are probably more invested with Jim and Pam than anyone else on the show. It is understandable that they care.

Yeah...interesting that they didn't intervene with many other situations...but maybe they did and just never showed it.

And...now I'm interested in this show again.

What was up with Meredith's hair? I haven't caught every episode this year.

Jan 25th 2013

Meredith shaved her head during "Lice" and has worn different wigs in the different episodes since.

I just thought it was a weird move, having that Brian guy step in at the end. (And showing it.) I mean, ugh. I think they're heading in a bad direction, the show in general. But then, I've thought that for years. I'm gonna watch and see how it all plays out, I just don't have a good feeling about it.

Jan 25th 2013 edited

I discussed the episode with the wife before going to bed:

Mrs. STT: So what else happened today?
STT: Oh, nothing much. Jim and Pam had a fight.
Mrs. STT: A fight? What kind of a fight?
STT: Oh, you know how married couples are. The sound guy gave her a talking to... I see that the Bears are playing Green Bay on Sunday

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 80
Top of PageBack to discussions