Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
9.16 Moving On
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 34
Feb 9th 2013
  • Season 9 : Episode 16
  • First aired on February 14, 2013

Summary courtesy of NBC:

ANDY RETURNS FROM HIS LONG BOAT TRIP—Pam (Jenna Fischer) interviews for a job in Philadelphia with a manager who gives her deja-vu. Dwight (Rainn Wilson) brings Angela (Angela Kinsey) with him on a mission to clean his elderly Aunt Shirley. Andy (Ed Helms) returns from his long boat voyage. Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Paul Lieberstein, Creed Bratton, Craig Robinson, Catherine Tate, Clark Duke and Jake Lacy also star.

Feb 9th 2013

Feb 9th 2013

So, you really like fries?

Feb 9th 2013

I'm confused about the Andy returning story. I'm sure I've seen that already.

Feb 9th 2013

No, see, DC, Andy comes back.

Feb 9th 2013

What did he do this week? Besides assume yet another personality?

Feb 9th 2013

I think mainly his bad hair and worse Michael Scott impression returned. It wasn't really the complete package.

Feb 9th 2013

Was it a wig? Or his own weird hair?

Feb 14th 2013

Please, please make Andy go away!

Feb 14th 2013 edited

I actually chuckled at his douchey-ness.

Feb 14th 2013

I'm on minute 30 and have yet to chuckle.

Feb 14th 2013

That was a looooooonnnnngggggg episode.

Feb 14th 2013

A bit too much Andy and a bit too much Schrute farm. Odenkirk as the Philadelphia version of Michael Scott was well done.

Feb 15th 2013

I'm watching this now, and remember how last week I was all, "The tone's right! This is The Office again!"

Well, it's too much exactly like the old days. This stuff in the beginning, with Andy & David Wallace is exactly like Michael & any authority figure, ever.

"Got it?"

"Crystal."

Feb 15th 2013

Odenkirk as the Philadelphia version of Michael Scott was well done.

I loved that. If the American version of The Office had been a short run like the UK version, Odenkirk would've been a great choice for a darker Michael Scott. And thanks to whoever wrote that talking head where Pam tells us he's exactly like Michael Scott. Because we're morons who couldn't figure that out.

I'll give you one hundred dollars to wear that sweater tomorrow.

Feb 15th 2013 edited

Bob Odenkirk was the best part of the episode. The Return of Gabe was the second best. I didn't really have a third best part.

And thanks to whoever wrote that talking head where Pam tells us he's exactly like Michael Scott. Because we're morons who couldn't figure that out.

I sure needed that; my head was just swimming with confusion!

Feb 15th 2013

I laughed at the conference room scene with Pete, Erin and the exes, as well as "I'll give you a hundred dollars to wear that sweater tomorrow." Still hate Andy and am deeply disappointed Wallace didn't fire his ass.

Feb 15th 2013

I turned it off. I don't think I'm gonna finish this episode. Or the show. It's too disappointing. I'll catch it on TBS in 5 years.

Feb 15th 2013

I liked it. Haven't watched the show since roy's wedding and I found Andy's cleverness with hiring gabe and pete's ex really fiendishly clever. The kind of thing I would do if I was in his position. Loved better call saul as the philly mike. I thought we were going to find out who the real scranton strangler was. Implying that the one arrested wasn't.

Feb 15th 2013

If you'd been watching the last few episodes, you would have realized how much better the show was without Andy. I can see why you thought he was amusing, though, without the comparison. And yeah, that Scranton Strangler resolution was a letdown after all the buildup. At least maybe Toby'll shut up about it now.

Feb 15th 2013

I can't tell you how glad I am that they resolved the Strangler story without making it one of the office characters. That whole thing went from a couple of quick jokes to an actual story for no real purpose.

I liked the episode even though you could see the seams where they added material to get to an hour. I like Andy as an evil douchebag far more than sympathetic manager and his nasty personality should provide a good impetus to get some folks to leave Dunder Mifflin.

Feb 15th 2013

I like Andy as an evil douchebag far more than sympathetic manager and his nasty personality should provide a good impetus to get some folks to leave Dunder Mifflin.

That's a good point, DC. It'll all be worth it if we get Angry Andy back. I just don't want crying, pathetic Andy. Or trying-to-be-cool Andy. Or any Andy other than Angry Andy.

Feb 15th 2013

Yeah, I didn't enjoy booger bubble Andy, but hiring Gabe and Pete's ex was pure evil genius.

Feb 15th 2013

I don't blame Andy much for reacting to Pete & Erin's get-over-it-and-move-on speech. That was pretty condescending.

Feb 15th 2013

Saul from Breaking Bad!

Feb 15th 2013

He would have made an excellent replacement for Michael Scott.

Feb 16th 2013 edited

If Jim and Pam break up, I'm going to freaking lose it!

trust the writers...trust the writers

Feb 16th 2013

I'm officially throwing in the towel, though I'll concede that, having actively avoided the season since the opener left me cold, trying to figure out what's up after two episodes mid-season is pointless and hard to do. They really should have ended it with Michael's departure, and that's how I'll choose to remember it.

But I still plan to come here and talk about anything else, of course ;-)

Feb 23rd 2013

Late to the party here but I enjoyed this one.

I love to dislike Andy, and they've returned the character to the asshole he was in the 3rd Tuna lovin' season.

I like Plop.

I'm a Dwangela shipper, so I hope they end up together. The set up was a bit clunky but the end justified the ridiculousness.

Nice, organic Jam fight. Love it. I'm on Jim's side here, though he is hardly without fault. Pam needs to get over her fear of change and not torpedo Jim's chance to escape Dunder Mifflin.

Feb 23rd 2013

Just watched it. Maybe Jim will come back as Manager at Scranton, and will make so much money that Pam can stay at home and tend to her garden on the terrace?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 34
Top of PageBack to discussions