Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
9.18 Promos
1 to 29 of 29
Mar 30th 2013
  • Season 9 : Episode 18
  • First aired on April 4, 2013

Summary courtesy of NBC:

EVERYONE IN THE OFFICE IS EXCITED ABOUT PROMOS RUNNING FOR THE DOCUMENTARY—PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES RYAN HOWARD GUEST STARS-- Everyone in the office is excited when promos start running on TV for the documentary. Dwight (Rainn Wilson) makes Angela (Angela Kinsey) jealous when he starts dating a brussel sprout farmer. Meanwhile Jim (John Krasinski) has a big meeting with Major League baseball player, Ryan Howard (guest star Ryan Howard). Jenna Fischer, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Angela Kinsey, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Paul Lieberstein, Creed Bratton, Craig Robinson, Ellie Kemper, Catherine Tate, Clark Duke and Jake Lacy also star.

Mar 30th 2013

Do you think they got him just because his name is the same as B.J. Novak's Ryan?

Mar 30th 2013 edited

Oh, no, I'm sure that had nothing to do with it.

Mar 30th 2013

I agree. It's a veiled shout-out to me.

Apr 1st 2013

Major League baseball player, Ryan Howard (guest star Ryan Howard).

Boy do I wish "Major League basell player, Ryan Howard" would be played by a different guest star, like Chase Utley, just for fun.

Also, a brussel sprout farmer?

Apr 1st 2013

In a surprise announcement, NBC has announced that The Office will run for another 200 episodes - each episode depicting the Dunder Mifflin staffers reaction to a previously aired episode.

10.01 - TAKE ME TO THE PILOT

Apr 2nd 2013

Sadly, STT, if the ratings hadn't gone down, I think that might have been a reality.

I have to admit I'm intrigued by the Brussels sprout farmer. That could be funny. If done right. Lots of vegetable innuendos.

I have no life, obviously.

Apr 5th 2013

Wistful Pam makes me sad.

Apr 5th 2013

I watched this this morning. It wasn't especially bad, but it wasn't especially good. Probably closer to bad than good, but I've seen worse. Then again I've seen better.

Apr 5th 2013

It is very interesting having them watch the footage for the first time. I have no idea where this is going, but I'm intrigued.

It's difficult to believe that they carried those microphone packs with them for ten years.

When Nellie first joined the show, she was my Worst Character Ever. Now that she's calmed down, I kind of like her. Now Andy is the Worst Character Ever.

Jim's gotta come home a failure, take over the manager job in Scranton, and buy a house for Pam with a terrace where she can plant flowers. No one wants to see Jim become a millionaire business owner and move Pam to the city. There is nothing wrong with living out your life in a small town and being a normal person with a family.

Angela and Oscar were funny in the scene where they called the State Senator, but I don't understand their relationship at all. Oscar slept with her husband, but it's OK because he's gay and Angela cheated with Dwight?

Also, check out Angela in the scene where they all are in Andy's office. Nips.

Apr 5th 2013

When Greg Daniels announced that the documentary would air, and we would see the repercussions, I didn't think it was a good idea. So far, nothing I've seen has changed my mind.

Apr 5th 2013

There is nothing wrong with living out your life in a small town and being a normal person with a family

SAY WHAT??!?!?

Apr 5th 2013

No one wants to see Jim become a millionaire business owner and move Pam to the city.

I do. The idea that Jim is chained to the manager's seat at DM forever because Pam likes her imaginary job and the daycare arrangements with her mom depresses me. But I also agree with MISS that Pam is making me sad. So paradox. On a related note, Jenna Fischer has been killing it this season.

Apr 5th 2013 edited

There is a Nick Cage movie where he's a high powered executive and then has a dream or something where he goes back and makes different choices and marries the home town girl and settles down with a family and works at a tire dealership, and at first he detests the bowling league and church suppers and wants his expensive suits back, but soon realizes that he has a pretty good life. Then he wakes up and hates his high powered executive life.

The point is, Jim is not a failure if he is "chained to DM". There are other things besides money, you conservative capitalist pig DC.

Seriously, every movie or show needs the hero to "go to the top" or make a lot of money. There are other ways to have a happy life, even in small town Scranton, and even at Dunder-Mifflin. That's the best most of US can ever hope for, so why not our TV heroes?

Jenna Fischer has been killing it this season

Yesh.

Apr 5th 2013

"The Family Man." I love that movie, cheesy as it is. Tea Leoni - hubba hubba.

Apr 5th 2013

That was the first movie my husband and I saw in the theater together.

Apr 5th 2013

I don't need Jim to become a titan of industry, but having him stuck selling copier paper for eternity seems sad. Also, people can have happy lives with decent jobs in big cities.

Apr 5th 2013

There is a Nick Cage movie where he's a high powered executive and then has a dream or something where he goes back and makes different choices and marries the home town girl and settles down with a family and works at a tire dealership, and at first he detests the bowling league and church suppers and wants his expensive suits back, but soon realizes that he has a pretty good life. Then he wakes up and hates his high powered executive life.

"The Family Man."

Wrong. I'm pretty sure it was Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

Apr 5th 2013

Wrong. I'm pretty sure it was Peggy Sue Got Married

Apr 5th 2013

I thought it was Valley Girl.

Apr 5th 2013

Everyone knows it was Con Air.

Apr 5th 2013

Guys. I'm talking about American Treasure. Isn't that the one where he's on a plane with prison convicts and they smuggle the Declaration of Independence to Alcatrez? He learns that all the money he got for that treasure wasn't enough to make the second American Treasure a good movie.

Apr 5th 2013

Nope, you're all wrong. It was FaceOff. With John Travolta's chin, remember?

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

This is my #1 worst movie of all time.

Apr 5th 2013

This is my #1 worst movie of all time.

You have obviously not seen It's Complicated.

Apr 7th 2016

I like what they tried here. I can't say it worked as they'd hoped, but it was a rock that fans invested the show would've hated not to have peeked under. I don't remember what becomes of Jim, but I'm rooting hard for him to fail hard. Because of neglectfully douchey.

Jenna Fischer has been killing it this season

Indeedily do. It's like her "house with a terrace" talking head or the final talking head scene in "The Job," minus the part after Jim pops in, spread out over two dozen episodes.

Apr 7th 2016

I got time. I'll weigh in.

Apr 7th 2016

I didn't realize 50 Shades of Gray was old.

I forgot Darryl moved to the office.

It's Ok guys, she's no longer horny!

So far, weirdly good.

I feel like Jim & Pam are weird separated.

I like the promo a lot.

The "eat fresh" tagline is... I'm just reminded of Jared Fogle, criminal.

I don't like anything RE Dwight's farm life.

Toby's a writer? Huh.

"I'm a very private person. I show 'em when I want to show 'em!"

"He is butt."

"Screw you, TexasPoonTappa!"

I like that Dwight Jr. is helping Dwight.

I still think it's unrealistic that two random accountants are both hooking up with the same state senator. They don't even live in the state capitol. It's... whatever.

Who cares about Pam and Jim anymore, and the cameraman. Blerg.

Ok, that episode was pretty good.

Apr 7th 2016

but it was a rock that fans invested the show would've hated not to have peeked under.

I found everything about revealing the documentary crew to be terrible. Especially Brian the boommike guy.

Apr 8th 2016

I found everything about revealing the documentary crew to be terrible.

The documentary stuff was pointless without Steve Carell. The equivalent of the UK Office Christmas Special without David Brent.

1 to 29 of 29
Top of PageBack to discussions