Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
9.19 Stairmageddon
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 34
Apr 7th 2013
  • Season 9 : Episode 19
  • First aired on April 11, 2013

Summary courtesy of NBC:

EVERYONE IS UPSET WHEN THE ELEVATOR GOES OUT OF SERVICE—ROSEANNE BARR GUEST STARS—“Stairmaggedon” strikes the office when the elevator goes out and everyone is forced to take the stairs. Dwight (Rainn Wilson) forces Stanley (Leslie David Baker) to do an important sales call. Pam (Jenna Fischer) and Jim (John Krasinski) find comfort in talking with Nellie (Catherine Tate) and Toby (Paul Lieberstein) about marital troubles. Meanwhile, Angela (Angela Kinsey) stands by her man. Ed Helms, Phyllis Smith, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Creed Bratton, Craig Robinson, Ellie Kemper, Clark Duke and Jake Lacy also star.

Apr 7th 2013

ROSEANNE BARR GUEST STARS

barf

Apr 7th 2013

Funny, I was just scrolling down to say something similar.

Apr 7th 2013 edited

I saw a new thread, then scrolled down only to step in DC & Bri's barf.

Can somebody clean this up before I- barfs

Too late.

Apr 7th 2013

Pam (Jenna Fischer) and Jim (John Krasinski) find comfort in talking with Nellie (Catherine Tate) and Toby (Paul Lieberstein) about marital troubles.

Say what?

Apr 7th 2013

It's best not to think about it.

Apr 11th 2013

Dwight and Stanley and the fat kid was one of the stupidest things ever, but I LOL'd twice during Angela and the Senator's press conference. Also Paul Feig! There's a street guy around here that actually has an act like that, except the mouse actually survives.

Pam (Jenna Fischer) and Jim (John Krasinski) find comfort

I wouldn't say they found comfort. At this point they almost have to split up, don't they? Jim quitting Athlead to stay in Scranton would be a total copout. I'm at the point where actually I hope they do get a divorce. At least that would be something different.

Apr 11th 2013

For some reason, my DVR didn't record this one. Balls.

Apr 11th 2013

I wouldn't say they found comfort. At this point they almost have to split up, don't they? Jim quitting Athlead to stay in Scranton would be a total copout. I'm at the point where actually I hope they do get a divorce. At least that would be something different.

This plotline is making me say the one thing I never thought I'd say: I hate Pam.

I laughed at the Stanley stuff.

Apr 12th 2013

The fat kid is really good. I love the way he looks at the camera...very Season 2-ish.

Yeah, they seem to have driven a pretty good wedge between Jim and Pam. If either one caves in, I'll think less of them. I wonder how they will resolve this.

Apr 12th 2013

Jim quitting Athlead to stay in Scranton would be a total copout.

Yeah, that'd be like if Pam finally left Scranton to chase her dream of becoming an artist only to bail out just before completing her art degree to return to Scranton to pursue a career in Jim's field of sales.

That'd be the worst.

Apr 12th 2013

Bri, that was Season 4 Pam. That's not even the same person as Pam.

Apr 12th 2013

I'd like to see Clark & Dwight bubblewrap the whole Jim/Pam storyline and send it down the stairs. Without a helmet.

Apr 12th 2013

Yeah, that'd be like if Pam finally left Scranton to chase her dream of becoming an artist only to bail out just before completing her art degree to return to Scranton to pursue a career in Jim's field of sales.

Except in that case it wasn't because Jim whined and complained about her being away.

Apr 12th 2013

Jim can save face if Athlead starts to fail or look bad (as it kind of did when they were dealing with Ryan Howard being ridiculuous), AND if Jim's homeboy David Wallace asks Jim to take over for Andy, who is clearly on the way out.

I laughed when Jim told Toby that he CAN'T tell Pam everything. I know how that is. It's why I never told Mrs. Jinx that I had seen evidence of snakes in the basement (where she never goes). What she doesn't know can't hurt her.

Seriously, if she knew, she'd either hire an expensive exterminator, or lay poison down all over and kill every critter in our yard, or force us to move. As if we are the only house that snakes can get into.

Apr 12th 2013

Isn't Wallace independently wealthy now? It would be easy to write up a scenario where he lures Jim back to Scranton for a dream job worth leaving Philadelphia for. It's a TV show. Make up something that makes sense. Or just make us hate these people we used to love by having them make awful decisions and behave awfully all the time. That's another way to go.

Apr 12th 2013

Jim can save face if Athlead starts to fail or look bad (as it kind of did when they were dealing with Ryan Howard being ridiculuous), AND if Jim's homeboy David Wallace asks Jim to take over for Andy, who is clearly on the way out.

That seems the only likely scenario that won't ruin both characters at this point. If Jim just gives up because Pam is acting like a four year old or Pam agrees to Philly in what will seem like a complete 180, then the entire season will feel like an elaborate holding game.

Apr 12th 2013

If Jim takes over for Andy, that would be a putrid turn of events, regardless of the motivation.

Apr 12th 2013

Isn't Wallace independently wealthy now? It would be easy to write up a scenario where he lures Jim back to Scranton for a dream job worth leaving Philadelphia for. It's a TV show. Make up something that makes sense.

Yes, this. Please, this. Although watching the interwebs explode if they break up Jim and Pam would be mighty entertaining.

Apr 12th 2013

I really like Andy as a douchebag, as opposed to the Andy we're supposed to like the last couple of years.

I hope if Jim becomes manager, he becomes the manager everyone likes, and not the jerkface everyone hated when he was co-manager for half a year.

Apr 12th 2013

I love Angry Andy. I've been glad to see glimpses of him every now and then the last few episodes.

Apr 12th 2013

Or just make us hate these people we used to love by having them make awful decisions and behave awfully all the time.

Too late...

Apr 12th 2013

Pam is the new Britta. Although Britta is kind of awesome now. Pam is the old Britta.

Apr 12th 2013

Yeah, the writers really Britta'd Pam.

Apr 12th 2013

I watched it. It was all of the bad.

Apr 12th 2013

That was awful.

Just awful.

The writers should be ashamed of themselves.

I want to give credit to wardrobe/makeup, though. The decision to make Pam try to look pretty for counseling was sweet. She sort of looked like New Pam again. I thought that decision on the director's part was sweet.

The only highlights of the episode were the dog/cat/mouse guy, Plop and Dwight being good actors, and the lady's genuine warmth when describing the baby's reaction to having his nose booped. If two of the three highlights of an episode are due to a show's guest stars, that is just pathetic. The show's staff should hang their heads in shame.

(Not the guest stars, though. Those people deserve froyo and hugs.)

Apr 13th 2013

Good observations, Pan, and nice to see ya!

They were aiming for a funny parallel between Jim and Pam and Toby and British lady, and it almost worked. It's nearly impossible to feel invested in the emotional stakes for Pam and Jim at all, however, let alone in the midst of an episode in which a man was covered in bubble wrap and slid down stairs head first with an Evel Knievel helmet on. The bubble wrap reminded me of "The Injury," though. Mailboxes, Etc.

Apr 13th 2013

Plop and Dwight

It was Fart and Dwight.

Apr 13th 2013

She sort of looked like New Pam again

Except now she's acting like old Roy.

Apr 14th 2013

This was terrible. I don't even care about the Jim & Pam story because the Dwight/Stanley story was so, so bad.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 34
Top of PageBack to discussions