Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
9.20 Paper Airplane
1 to 29 of 29
Apr 25th 2013 edited
  • Season 9: Episode 20
  • First aired on April 25th, 2013

Dwight and Angela compete in an office-wide paper airplane contest with a cash prize. Local talent agent Carla Fern helps Andy with his first acting role in an industrial film. Jim and Pam try to use new skills they have learned in couples counseling. Guest star: Roseanne Barr.

Apr 25th 2013

Guest star: Roseanne Barr.

Now I miss Stairmageddon.

Apr 26th 2013

Did anybody watch this?

Apr 26th 2013

No.

Hey, what's going with New Girl? Was there no new episode this week? Does that make 2 weeks without new ones?

Apr 26th 2013

No New Girl.

I did watch this episode late last night. And teared up at the end. And that's all I'll say about that until somebody else posts that they watched it.

Apr 26th 2013

I watched and also got teary, MISS. I enjoyed the paper airplane stuff, too, since we have paper airplane competitions at work but all we win is movie tickets. I like their prize better.

Apr 26th 2013

My dvr crapped out and I didn't get the last 10 minutes. Or any of Parks. Guess I'll watch it online at lunch.

Apr 26th 2013

I did watch this episode late last night. And teared up at the end. And that's all I'll say about that until somebody else posts that they watched it.

I didn't tear up, but I thought it was pretty well done. The airplane contest was at least in the ballpark of classic Office stuff. Andy, as Sepinwall wrote, should be back on the boat.

Apr 26th 2013

Bri, you have no soul.

I feel like I should "j/k" to the end of that. We haven't gotten to that point here, have we?

Apr 26th 2013

The end last night was fine, but I'm still left perplexed about how they've written their story this season. This is about the fourth episode where the final shot gives you the impression they are about to make some forward progress on this endless story only to reveal later that nothing has happened. The rest of the episode was okay, except for the time wasted on Andy. Erin has been much more tolerable this season and last night had some fun moments. Also, Clark has been a nice addition.

Apr 26th 2013

This is about the fourth episode where the final shot gives you the impression they are about to make some forward progress on this endless story only to reveal later that nothing has happened.

I agree. It seems like lazy writing, or maybe they are just all out of creativity when it comes to Jim and Pam. I just wish they'd move on.

Apr 26th 2013

Nellie rocked that referee jersey.

Apr 26th 2013

She does have a bit of a Christina Hendricks vibe.

Apr 26th 2013

As nicely done as the ending was, it still fell a little flat for me, because I never believed they had stopped loving each other. Were we supposed to?

Also, I can just imagine the conversation between Jenna Fischer and Greg Daniels at the start of the season:

JF: So have you figured out an ending for Jim and Pam?
GD: Yes. They decide to stay together.
JF: Cool. Wait, what?

Apr 26th 2013

She does have a bit of a Christina Hendricks vibe.

There's a slight difference in that Nellie is painfully hard to look at. Is that mean?

Apr 26th 2013

It's accurate.

Apr 26th 2013

Boobs. I meant boobs.

Apr 26th 2013

As nicely done as the ending was, it still fell a little flat for me, because I never believed they had stopped loving each other. Were we supposed to?

I don't know what we are supposed to believe about them this year. It's all been so underwritten and inexplicable that I have no feeling one way or another about how I want it to end.

Apr 26th 2013

I thought it was just OK. I agree, I didn't ever feel too sure they weren't still in love. I don't know. Whatever.

Apr 27th 2013

So Pam...was kind of a bitch.

Really, Jim can't take a work call if he's talking to you first?

Apr 27th 2013

I agree, and when he grabbed her, she kept her arms off him for way too long. Like she wouldn't just give into the hug?

Apr 27th 2013

Really, just fake it, Pam. Like you did with Roy.

Apr 27th 2013

Snap, yo!

Apr 29th 2013

Pam was never my favorite character (sorry guys) and she isn't improving her status any.

Apr 29th 2013

Yesh. I mean, I liked the Pam & Michael relationship, but not much else. Well other than early stuff with Jim & Pam. And I probably really only liked Jim.

Apr 29th 2013

It's like I don't even know you people anymore.

Apr 29th 2013

Pam was never my favorite character (sorry guys) and she isn't improving her status any.

Pam has always been my favorite character and what they've done to her this season has made me angry.

Apr 29th 2013

It's like I don't even know you people anymore.

Sorry. :-/

Apr 8th 2016

Bri, you have no soul.

And yet, it seems, I may have been the only one with a soul all along.

1 to 29 of 29
Top of PageBack to discussions