Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
9.22 A.A.R.M.
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 82
May 9th 2013
  • Season 9 : Episode 22
  • First aired on May 9, 2013

Summary courtesy of NBC:

JIM HOLDS TRYOUTS FOR THE ASSISTANT TO THE ASSISTANT TO THE REGIONAL MANAGER— As the office readies for the premiere of the documentary that night, Jim (John Krasinski) convinces Dwight (Rainn Wilson), who is planning to propose to Esther (Nora Kirkpatrick), that he needs an Assistant to the Assistant Regional Manager, and holds tryouts to find the best candidate. Angela (Angela Kinsey) brings her baby to work after her daycare turns her away. Meanwhile, Andy (Ed Helms) attends auditions for "The Next Great A Cappella Sensation." Guest stars: Aaron Rogers, Clay Aiken, Mark McGrath, Santigold, Jessica St. Clair. Jenna Fischer, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Paul Lieberstein, Creed Bratton, Craig Robinson, Ellie Kemper, Catherine Tate, Clark Duke and Jake Lacy also star.

May 9th 2013

They spelled Rodgers wrong. A travesty, I tell you!

May 9th 2013

You guys! The card! Is anybody watching this???

May 9th 2013

No.

May 9th 2013

Wait. Is it the card? From the Christmas teapot? From a million years ago?

May 9th 2013

Speaking of, why didn't LT show up today? Did she get my email?

May 9th 2013

YES! THAT CARD!!

May 9th 2013

Oh. Ok. I'll probably hulu it tomorrow. Or sometime.

May 9th 2013

I just stated watching. Terrible open.

May 9th 2013

That was pretty darn good. They pushed all the right buttons - the card, the mostly S1/S2 scenes in the video, nice use of 06 Snow Patrol. Dwight's conference room portrait was wild. Overall, a B++.

May 9th 2013

Sounds about right. Hooray for the card!

May 9th 2013

I nearly crapped myself. THE CARD!!!!!

I really liked this one. Go Dwangela!

May 9th 2013

Yup, what Bri said. I wasn't LOLing but I thought they did a really good job with it and I especially appreciated the callbacks to the card and how the documentary-within-the-show opened with Michael & Jim's conversation from the pilot. Unfortunately the stuff with Andy was stupid, annoying, and terrible but at least it didn't last too long.

May 9th 2013

All of Andy's stuff in annoying.

May 9th 2013

The card!

May 9th 2013

Jim & Pam still make me cry, so there's that.

And Jim & Dwight make me laugh heartily.

I had to hold back from reciting dialogue in the clip. ..."it comes with bonus gifts." "Oh my God – the yearbook picture!" And also mimicking Pam's excited hand motions. Man, did I love this show back in the day. And discussing it all with y'all.

May 10th 2013 edited

I"m glad that there's finally a show that can have flashbacks in a way that makes sense, and the characters can see them, instead of having a sort of memory montage.

(Just forget that they did the memory montage thing on this show before...)

I'm also glad you guys liked it...it makes me look forward to watching it now.

May 10th 2013

The Andy stuff was like a turd in a punch bowl. Cafe Disco has always been one my favorite episodes, so the sight of everyone dancing in the office made me happy.

May 10th 2013

Unfortunately the stuff with Andy was stupid, annoying, and terrible but at least it didn't last too long.

Yeah, seems like they're intent on going down with that ship. Still, Andy finding his soul mate on line at an idiotic talent search is at least a decent writer's table concept. If they gave it 1/3 the screen time and left the old-man-make-up bit out, it might have worked.

I'm in the minority on the dancing. It was uncomfortable to watch after the first few moments when Darryl walked out, which was pretty good. Pam getting excited for Jim's hijinks might have been my favorite call-back. I really kind of liked seeing Angela and Oscar get along and be quasi-parents together.

Overall, I'd say this episode was...uncanny.

May 10th 2013 edited

The Andy stuff was like a turd in a punch bowl

Yes, it was. But I was so drunk with happiness from the spiked punch that I just pushed the crap to the edge and got more yummy punch. (I feel sorry for Helms. I don't dislike him. But Andy as written the last few seasons is just horrible TV).

But forget about that. Oh the goodness. The card. The Card! Dwangela. Dwim. Jim and Dwight both have sons named Phillip. I am happy.

Poor insecure Doormat!Pam better get her shit together and move to Philly with Jim, because watching a grown man spend his entire day pranking a coworker was just sad. (funny, but sad in another way, you know what I mean) This is the reason I was never that fond of Pam as a character. Other people don't make you doormats, you allow yourself to be one. Clearly it's her deep insecurity showing, but I don't have a lot of patience for women who cave to that sort of thing. Maybe that makes me a heartless bitch. So be it. Anyway, I think she'll end up moving with him and all will be happy on the Jam front.

Yes, I teared up, dammit. Next week will be very hard. TWSS

May 10th 2013

Jim and Dwight both have sons named Phillip.

Ha! Good catch.

May 10th 2013

From another board:

"Here Pam - here's a DVD of our memories together that I was too lazy to make; in fact, you'll notice that you're in all of them, which means my gift is your own memory, but from a different angle. Hey, remember that sound guy that wanted to nail you? Ha! Anyway, I'm really happy in Scranton now."

May 10th 2013

Other people don't make you doormats, you allow yourself to be one. Clearly it's her deep insecurity showing, but I don't have a lot of patience for women who cave to that sort of thing. Maybe that makes me a heartless bitch. So be it.

I couldn't agree more, TTP. We can be heartless bitches together.

May 10th 2013

The card. THE FUCKING CARD.

Between that, S2 Jim, and John Krasinski's excellent lip-syncing on Fallon this week, I don't know that my lady boner could get any bigger for that man. Hey-o, I'm BACK!

May 10th 2013

Can anybody tell me what the card said?

May 10th 2013

May 10th 2013

Nice. I've now realized that they didn't reveal what the card said. With all the excitement about it, I assumed that they did.

May 10th 2013

I really enjoyed this episode, Andy crap aside. And ALSO? ALSO? What is up with this Casey Dean person interrupting HAMNARD?!?!? DC, amirite?

But I did get a bit overcome at the end with Jim and Pam, and then Dwight and Angela.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 82
Top of PageBack to discussions