Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Incest, fratricide, and FUN!: The GoT thread
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
1 to 30 of 128
May 9th 2013 edited

Yep. All that and a barrel of Tyrions.

May 9th 2013

Thankfully there is a lot of this series to go.

How many of you guys are plugged in? We'll have to be careful about spoilers in this thread because some of us have read the series (Me, I'm awesome, I'm talking about me), and some of us have access to HBO (Me, I'm awesome, I'm talking about me but I don't have to pay for it because of free with my sisters cable subscription but I'm sure they are going to find out and then I will have to pay) and some of us are just watching it as it comes out on DVD. (losers...which used to include me and will probably soon include me again)

I have to say. Peter Dinklage is one of my new favorite actors. He's amazing. And not unattractive. And Tyrion is the best character of all the characters.

I'm surprised at how much I like Jon Snow's fling in the TV series. I didn't like her all that much in the books.

May 9th 2013

I have also read all the books and am watching on HBO. Basically, I'm as spoilery as Anque. I'll try to tag my posts if I'm spoilering all up in them.

May 9th 2013

I know a guy who's trying to convince me to watch this. I gotta be honest. It sounds less appealing when described as incest and fratricide.

May 9th 2013

Ah ha ha ha. It does have incest and fratricide. But it also has kings, dragons, dwarfs, vengeful little girls, hyper-intelligent eunuchs and (what do they call him?....) imps/halfmans, swords, dead walkers, direwolves, wargs...and the list goes on and on.

It's really quite good, Toos.

May 9th 2013

This sounds weird. Are there centaurs?

May 9th 2013

I KNEW I spelled that wrong. I fixed it now.

May 9th 2013

Are there centaurs?

Not yet? He's not finished with the book series yet. So who knows what could pop up. It's not weird, though. Weird is a movie about clowns. This is dark and riveting. And just happens to have a lot of fantastical elements to it. And lots of characters you love to hate. And just a few (left standing) that you love to love.

May 9th 2013

Hmm. Mermaids? Chupacabras?

Nessie?

Are there actually humans, or is everything a different thing?

May 9th 2013

No there are lots of humans, but that doesn't feel like as much of a selling point. And many of them are handsome. Which is a selling point that I should have mentioned.

May 9th 2013

JAIME LANNISTER HNNNNNNG (aside from the incest stuff and other unsavory things, I mean). But I'd still do him.

May 9th 2013

Me, too, friend. Me, too.

May 9th 2013

that doesn't feel like as much of a selling point.

To regular humans, like myself, it is.

May 9th 2013

This is kind of amazing if you haven't seen it.

1995 Game of Thrones credits

May 12th 2013 edited

I read the books, but the fifth one was so soul-crushingly long and dull that I started skimming and I don't really remember what happened to Denarys at the end. I just know that if I had to read one more description of food or someone's sigil or whatever I was going to go to New Mexico and personally kick GRRM in the balls.

May 12th 2013

Whoa - that's that the same series frustrating series you were reading? Do they focus long shots on boring crap in the show?

May 12th 2013

No, they edit out all the food and just leave the fucking and the violence.

May 12th 2013

That sounds like an improvement.

May 12th 2013

It is. Especially because all the people are super hot. They even got the world's hottest little person to play the little person.

May 12th 2013

That's the most important part of a smutty show - good lookin' people. But wait, do they have enough uggos for the violence? I mean, a handsome guy can have a black eye or a scar, but you don't want him to become disfigured or killed.

May 12th 2013

I mean, a handsome guy can have a black eye or a scar, but you don't want him to become disfigured or killed.

Naw, some are still handsome, even after bad things happen, which they do. A lot.

Also, this:

They even got the world's hottest little person to play the little person.

He's very hot. I thought he was handsome in a detached kind of way and then I watched an interview with him. The man is extremely intelligent. Hotness.

May 12th 2013

I just know that if I had to read one more description of food or someone's sigil or whatever I was going to go to New Mexico and personally kick GRRM in the balls.

Let's hope the hurry up impetus for the next book makes him stop doing that.

May 12th 2013

Love the series. I've read the books. Tonight i think is the plot point that made eddy and adam want to do this show in the first place.

May 13th 2013

I'm glad I hate Theon so I don't have to feel badly for him when he's being tortured by Ramsay.

May 13th 2013 edited

SPOILER

Dude. But I really don't need to see the actual flaying. That's some serious almost vomit time.

May 14th 2013

I've never watched an episode of this show. (But I have watched some clips... ... ...)

All I have to say about this show is "Dinklage".

Speaking of, you all should watch the movie "The Station Agent" starring Dinklage and Patricia Clarkson. It's a good time.

Back to GoT.

May 14th 2013

All I have to say about this show is "Dinklage".

Exactly. He makes this show.

May 15th 2013

ONLY READ THIS POST IF YOU'VE READ THE BOOKS.

NO, SERIOUSLY. ONLY IF YOU'VE READ THE BOOKS.

NOT KIDDING. SPOILERS FROM THE BOOKS.

I'm kind of looking forward to when Robb dies, mostly for how the unspoiled internet reaction goes.

May 15th 2013

Dude! How about a spoiler alert?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
1 to 30 of 128
Top of PageBack to discussions